Suppression Of Free Speech?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Would Phil Robertson supporters support this?

Au Bon Pain turns out to be a bad place to research issues of reproductive planning or sexuality online. After Sherights.com called out the sandwich chain for reportedly blocking sex, sexuality, and abortion information websites, DNAinfo ran its own little experiment and found that, indeed, sites such as GLAAD.com, those on both sides of the abortion debate, and Sherights.com itself, were blocked. The chain responded on Twitter, tweeting, "We take this very seriously and want to remedy it best we can," explaining that the filtering had to do with "provider presets" but promising to try to limit the blocking. Sounds like the tech folks are going to have a busy night in sandwichland.

A private concern can suppress free speech.

This case they said they would fix it.

Sherights, being the attention whore, wants to keep a feud going.

What a twat.

What OODA said

I believe the chains explanation. Beyond that, big deal if they are blocked. I don't see how that a free speech issue. Maybe of freedom of read issue?

What a disgusting avatar. Why must perverts insist on foisting their deviance on everybody? Looks like I'll have to utilize the ignore function here for the first time.

A private concern can suppress free speech.

This case they said they would fix it.

What OODA said

I believe the chains explanation. Beyond that, big deal if they are blocked. I don't see how that a free speech issue. Maybe of freedom of read issue?

So is A&E. But you guys said they violated Silly Philly's rights.

What a disgusting avatar. Why must perverts insist on foisting their deviance on everybody? Looks like I'll have to utilize the ignore function here for the first time.

lol...

winPnmp.gif

Not his freedom go speech rights. And they backed off. Not even close to the same issues.

This is a private business. They can block anything they want. It's a non issue. If you have to, must go, have no alternative but to go, to a restaurant for research, you are a piss poor researcher.

Ohhhh I have to run down for a sandwich and look up some reproductive rights stuff.

Nonsense. If the restaurant chose to do so, it could restrict everything but disney.com and there's nothing anyone could do about it.

Forum List

Back