Support For the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia

should we remove that from the decisions for ethical purposes?

Can you imagine if some country or asshole told the US we don't like your culture, traditions, religion or government and we're going to force you to change.?

Can you imagine???
Yes I can imagine, that is exactly what the Democrats are doing to America now.
Yeah, the party system has nothing to do with the suppression of any religion or culture, as a matter of fact, the evangelical side of the country is actually noted to be republican. You also cannot equate the religions, they're vastly different and both messed up equally so. (by dogma and some text) While the comparison would be interesting to compare for some individuals who are crackpot enough to be under the impression states cannot change things without seceding from the union, for others who have a basic understanding of the systems that operate within the nation (USA) its less so of comparison and more so of a wild goose chase down a sewage pipe. I am sure there are reasons for that interpretation but use some other basis to compare because this is not it. Thanks though!

It's great you've seen some stuff but the issues branch far beyond ideas. You're dealing with religious police that is too harsh on society and utilizes their positions to take advantage of the citizenry. You see several reports on deaths for suspected "witchcraft" and other various crimes that were usually killed. The religion and royal family are integrated and the prince is not oblivious to the actions of his police-state. I disagree that they have less especially when the media can be killed without involvement, religious police can break the law and unjustly murder in his own nation. I don't believe we can stop supporting him without a worse regime taking over at this time but he is far from leading a just society. Look at the laws as well, the lack of inquiry into their own affairs leaves room for corruption and no one question. Or is that because they would all of a sudden find themselves in a worse position. I would love to visit Saudi Arabia but I am very aware of the issues with the government going on rn.

The Mutaween are not allowed in Jubail or Yanbu ..and they are rare in Jeddah an the Eastern province. They have no police powers and are considered pests. Periodically they are rounded up and told to cool it. In recent years they have unceremoniously been thrown out of ballparks, stadiums, book fairs, concerts and other public events.

Mostly what they do is roam around in the early evening saying go to mosque or get a haircut.
I would be very inclined to believe that if there weren't reports showing otherwise, I know there is great friction between the religious police and peoples however the police are ingrained into policy and if the prince does get his way they will be there for a long time. I have heard the prince was more open by several people however judging by the actions he cares more about this hold than to develop change. There have also been reports of financial mishaps between high-ranking officers. While you do list regions which you claim to be much better, anyone can live in a penthouse make a decent amount of money, and matter to a high-ranking official and claim that the world they are in is perfect.

There weren't any until 1979, with its Iranian Revolution and the attack on the Grand Mosque in Mecca. The Prince doesn't like the Muttaween. Neither did his father or his uncles.

I never lived in any highrise.. Oil camps are not that fancy and mostly ex-pats go out of camp every day. I have been all over Arabia. Don't believe everything you read., Most of the pundits have never been there and the ones who have were there less than 4 days.
Oh, I wasn't referring to where you live I was speaking on the notion that there are peaceful regions. A man in Rwanda could say there are no problems with water while living in the best city there is. However, I understand that there are places where things may not be too bad but that doesn't speak to the region or the nation. On the terms of the Monarch liking the police, their personal opinion doesn't matter, they use the religious police as a way of rule. It is by their binding that the power is balanced as it is. I do not know the prince's view internally but I know he needs the Wahhabi. The recent reports on him putting them in place were very nice to see but that doesn't excuse his latest judgments. especially in using them for his business.

Don't believe everything you read about the Wahhabi either. Most of the experts never heard the word until after 9-11.

Read the Wahhabi Myth.
Also about the fascinating book from '03 one can also just look directly into what the Wahhabi doesn't support. Several of which happen to be religious teachings from different times. Especially that of mysticism from a religion. I am well aware of what it is and we knew about it before 9-11. Considering that is ingrained into your system I think it is pretty clear that Saudi Arabia has religious suppression anyway which you can see in some reports on the corruption of the religious police. FUNNY you should mention it though I believe that some of those suppressive ideas are very common in the Middle Eastern theatre and have been the cause of many attacks and fights with other nations. I am very glad that we could bring up the origins of the suppression I find it most fascinating.

It's great you've seen some stuff but the issues branch far beyond ideas. You're dealing with religious police that is too harsh on society and utilizes their positions to take advantage of the citizenry. You see several reports on deaths for suspected "witchcraft" and other various crimes that were usually killed. The religion and royal family are integrated and the prince is not oblivious to the actions of his police-state. I disagree that they have less especially when the media can be killed without involvement, religious police can break the law and unjustly murder in his own nation. I don't believe we can stop supporting him without a worse regime taking over at this time but he is far from leading a just society. Look at the laws as well, the lack of inquiry into their own affairs leaves room for corruption and no one question. Or is that because they would all of a sudden find themselves in a worse position. I would love to visit Saudi Arabia but I am very aware of the issues with the government going on rn.

The Mutaween are not allowed in Jubail or Yanbu ..and they are rare in Jeddah an the Eastern province. They have no police powers and are considered pests. Periodically they are rounded up and told to cool it. In recent years they have unceremoniously been thrown out of ballparks, stadiums, book fairs, concerts and other public events.

Mostly what they do is roam around in the early evening saying go to mosque or get a haircut.
I would be very inclined to believe that if there weren't reports showing otherwise, I know there is great friction between the religious police and peoples however the police are ingrained into policy and if the prince does get his way they will be there for a long time. I have heard the prince was more open by several people however judging by the actions he cares more about this hold than to develop change. There have also been reports of financial mishaps between high-ranking officers. While you do list regions which you claim to be much better, anyone can live in a penthouse make a decent amount of money, and matter to a high-ranking official and claim that the world they are in is perfect.

There weren't any until 1979, with its Iranian Revolution and the attack on the Grand Mosque in Mecca. The Prince doesn't like the Muttaween. Neither did his father or his uncles.

I never lived in any highrise.. Oil camps are not that fancy and mostly ex-pats go out of camp every day. I have been all over Arabia. Don't believe everything you read., Most of the pundits have never been there and the ones who have were there less than 4 days.
Oh, I wasn't referring to where you live I was speaking on the notion that there are peaceful regions. A man in Rwanda could say there are no problems with water while living in the best city there is. However, I understand that there are places where things may not be too bad but that doesn't speak to the region or the nation. On the terms of the Monarch liking the police, their personal opinion doesn't matter, they use the religious police as a way of rule. It is by their binding that the power is balanced as it is. I do not know the prince's view internally but I know he needs the Wahhabi. The recent reports on him putting them in place were very nice to see but that doesn't excuse his latest judgments. especially in using them for his business.

The religious police have very little power.. They are rare in Jidda, and the Eastern province and banned in Jubail and Yanbu. The Saudis tolerate them, but consider them pests. How much time did you spend in Saudi Arabia>

New Topics

Forum List

Back