CDZ Support for Gay Marriage grows

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Gay Marriage Around the World

Support for equality grows every year with a total of 30 countries legalising it so far. The number increases every year and the countries that are hostile seem to be places which are ruled by religious extremists .

This is backed up by polling which shows support at around 2 thirds in favour in Australia,US and up to 80% plus in Sweden.

I cant see this trend being reversed and can see the majority of nations having similar laws in the next decade.

In the spirit of all men being created equal should the US and EU countries take steps to encourage this ? What would you like to see ?

For myself I think it can be difficult to overturn prejudice and I dont really know whether the stick or carrot is the best way forward.

Support for equality grows every year with a total of 30 countries legalising it so far. The number increases every year and the countries that are hostile seem to be places which are ruled by religious extremists .

This is backed up by polling which shows support at around 2 thirds in favour in Australia,US and up to 80% plus in Sweden.

I cant see this trend being reversed and can see the majority of nations having similar laws in the next decade.

In the spirit of all men being created equal should the US and EU countries take steps to encourage this ? What would you like to see ?

For myself I think it can be difficult to overturn prejudice and I dont really know whether the stick or carrot is the best way forward.
I think leading by example is the best way. The US allows gay marriage and society hasn't yet fallen apart. Any pressure would be seen negatively.

The world is changing and many just can't accept it. Especially on terms of equality.

It was never clear why the term "marriage" had to be adopted. It seems merely an attempt to appropriate language. Equal protections should have been enough. But, if the majority doesn't mind capitulating, it isn't very serious.
Still, equal protection must suffice now, and further campaigns to make special groups more equal than others will only serve to deepen the distrust and divides that exist in society.

The world is changing and many just can't accept it. Especially on terms of equality.
Maybe some see the world as a zero-sum game? If someone they don't like wins, that means they must have lost something.

It was never clear why the term "marriage" had to be adopted. It seems merely an attempt to appropriate language. Equal protections should have been enough. But, if the majority doesn't mind capitulating, it isn't very serious.
Still, equal protection must suffice now, and further campaigns to make special groups more equal than others will only serve to deepen the distrust and divides that exist in society.
In the US, marriage offers various legal rights and privileges. Secular governments should not be sanctioning marriage, that should be in the domain of religions, they should only sanction civil unions. Civil unions provide the rights of marriage without the introduction of any religion. If your church doesn't recognize gay marriage, they don't have to perform one, but that doesn't mean a gay couple can't get a tax break like other couples.

Maybe some see the world as a zero-sum game? If someone they don't like wins, that means they must have lost something.
Change comes slowly and is not always welcomed by some. The same people kicking against equality now were probably outraged when black folk got the vote in the 60s.

In the US, marriage offers various legal rights and privileges. Secular governments should not be sanctioning marriage, that should be in the domain of religions, they should only sanction civil unions. Civil unions provide the rights of marriage without the introduction of any religion. If your church doesn't recognize gay marriage, they don't have to perform one, but that doesn't mean a gay couple can't get a tax break like other couples.
Property rights,pensions and inheritance is also tied up with it.

It's interesting that the only time some bring up separating Civil Marriages from so-called religious marriages is when a group they don't like gets legalized.....LEGALIZED....marriage.

Equal legal protection is just. Reforming language is surreptitious and suspicious.

It's interesting that the only time some bring up separating Civil Marriages from so-called religious marriages is when a group they don't like gets legalized.....LEGALIZED....marriage.
It has always been my position. The government should not decide which civil unions/ legal contracts adults, capable of consent, may engage in (unless there is collateral damage). Civil unions may apply to polygamous or polyandrous groups too.

On a moral level same gender marriage is down there with incest marriage and underaged marriage.
Liberals demand that everyone lower their moral standards to theirs otherwise they will brand people as "homophobic".
Same gender marriage was never really about marriage, it is about attacking mainstream society.

On a moral level same gender marriage is down there with incest marriage and underaged marriage.
Liberals demand that everyone lower their moral standards to theirs otherwise they will brand people as "homophobic".
Same gender marriage was never really about marriage, it is about attacking mainstream society.
I love it when conservatives demand that government intrude into people's lives so they can force everyone to follow their moral standards. So much for individual freedom.

Sweden may be at 80% now, but as Muslims continue to Conquer it through demographics, that percentage will surely drop just as it will throughout the rest of Europe.

No, not really.

Underaged marriage involves predation of an innocent. Gay marriage does not. Underage marriage is also part of a social system such as occurs in the Arab world, where females are considered of lesser value then men.

Sibling marriage is a little cloudier from a moral standpoint, but can also involve a certain sense of grooming as one sibling has known the other their entire life and the older has influence over the development of the younger.

I am straight, been married twice, and honestly can't for the life of me understand why a man would be attracted to another man and not a women with a nice chest and rear-end. My wife says I look at women way too much.

... but honestly I could care less if two guys or two gals want to marry and I honestly don't see why the American people have to make such a big issue over it. Two guys want to hump each other and people Act like this is worse then robbing a bank! I think it is so silly and ridiculous the way people carry on about it, aren't there more pressing issues to stress over? What is the big deal? .... Because some holy men might interpret that a book written thousands of years ago might of hinted that this was not acceptable behavior. Give me a break.

Forum List

Back