Suppliments and Vitamins

Iridescence

Rookie
Apr 1, 2011
US
Ugh. I may be a trip to read.... but damn ya'll... take your suppliments and vitamins!

I can be a bit fanatical... I soak things until they desolve, apply salve and liquor at ridiculous amounts, and my head goes from fast and hard to soft and mellow without illegal drugs. :laugh2: If it's atmospheric, I got it. :cuckoo:

Anyways. I took my dad for his hearing test. Time of year does matter for some, btw, as does blood pressure, etc... And it wasn't pretty. He has hearing loss that needs aids. Well, a huge bill that no one is going to pay is the consequence if he is to get his aides. I asked about the neurological benefits of taking some specific supplements in which seems by all accounts to be a help to the parts of the ears suffering from abuse/age. The salesman said he'd never heard of such a thing.

I love salesmen. I obviously could not be such, most likely, I'd give it all away...

Anyways... A few years ago, I took several suppliments (as I could afford them) for the specific benefit of my physical eye sight. I really struggle (as I have mentioned a few times) with my eyes and they have caused more problems this year than they normally do.

I went for my new glasses... Yippee Yeyee! Only to find out that one of my eyes have gone from -4.50 to -3.50 in two years. Granted, this is not a major improvement for skeptics that boast to know so much better... BUT Holy Hell, it was amazing to me because it is an improvement that didn't take thousands of dollars and it didn't take a scalple.

I don't mean to be such an oddity but it seems every single day of my life just proves me to necessarily be so.

Remember: TAKE YOUR SUPPLIMENTS AND VITAMINS. They matter! Find out what your body lacks by what symptoms you have and/or do not have and do your own research... TALK to your doctors, don't just oggle at them as though they are lusty pinups. *hearts* They have earned their positions, obviously.

Ugh. I may be a trip to read.... but damn ya'll... take your suppliments and vitamins!

I can be a bit fanatical... I soak things until they desolve, apply salve and liquor at ridiculous amounts, and my head goes from fast and hard to soft and mellow without illegal drugs. :laugh2: If it's atmospheric, I got it. :cuckoo:

Anyways. I took my dad for his hearing test. Time of year does matter for some, btw, as does blood pressure, etc... And it wasn't pretty. He has hearing loss that needs aids. Well, a huge bill that no one is going to pay is the consequence if he is to get his aides. I asked about the neurological benefits of taking some specific supplements in which seems by all accounts to be a help to the parts of the ears suffering from abuse/age. The salesman said he'd never heard of such a thing.

I love salesmen. I obviously could not be such, most likely, I'd give it all away...

Anyways... A few years ago, I took several suppliments (as I could afford them) for the specific benefit of my physical eye sight. I really struggle (as I have mentioned a few times) with my eyes and they have caused more problems this year than they normally do.

I went for my new glasses... Yippee Yeyee! Only to find out that one of my eyes have gone from -4.50 to -3.50 in two years. Granted, this is not a major improvement for skeptics that boast to know so much better... BUT Holy Hell, it was amazing to me because it is an improvement that didn't take thousands of dollars and it didn't take a scalple.

I don't mean to be such an oddity but it seems every single day of my life just proves me to necessarily be so.

Remember: TAKE YOUR SUPPLIMENTS AND VITAMINS. They matter! Find out what your body lacks by what symptoms you have and/or do not have and do your own research... TALK to your doctors, don't just oggle at them as though they are lusty pinups. *hearts* They have earned their positions, obviously.

i tried to follow you.

i need a beer.

astigmatism can get better or worse over time. It depends on the axis of your astigmatism. If the supplements make you feel better more power to you!

• Banned
Well... many natural things may not continually fulfill the needs of the body. I don't know much about large agricultural practices but the hybrids are said to loose a great deal of nutrition. Farmers sometimes have to make the tough call to develop sustainable crop over traditional crop... Again, though, I don't know.

My diet and my family's diet is not at all what it could be, though, and there are a lot of flaws in the way we eat, as well as the time in which we eat... I have only learned that, for us, especially, the suppliments and vitamins are a worthy investment. It may not always be the case and it may not always be so for everyone else... BUT with the issues of the health crisis and major medical bills that remain unpaid... it seems a necessary mention.

I take 1.2 gram Vitamin C a day, I don't eat much fresh vegetables. Mainly dried fruits in the morning.
When I do sports I take 0.6 - 0.8 gram Caffeine to be fully awake and focused, if I take higher dose my jaw cramps.

The rest comes from normal food.

• Banned
I have increased my intake of neurological support suppliments, among other things like the timing of alcohol intake (Hahahaha) and vitamins a and d. I have my own independent reasons for such but it seems illogical for the same to be universally necessary.

Motor recognition and/or control can be an amazing thing. It's like moving an avatar.

Mom used to line us up, and dad enforced, the weekly dose of cod liver oil. Then she placed us, before there were too many, in the sun, for she believed the sun equaled health. Vitamins and health food were important too when she could afford them. I have followed lots of her ideas she was ahead of her time. Today people say I look ten to twenty years younger than real age, so who knows. I think riding a bicycle has helped too. Oh, and moms then often said stand up straight - do they still?

Vitamins & Supplements Center

Healthy Eating Plate - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

Vitamin D and Health - What Should I Eat? - The Nutrition Source - Harvard School of Public Health

Quackwatch

• Banned
I come from several alcoholics and heavy smokers. It is almost playing the eternal catchup to confront these issues when I married into heart disease, diabetes, and such things that we were already predisposed to by a horrible (however, taught) American diet.

My first approach was to battle depressive issues and really work on the healthiest state of mind possible. I find that this is no less of a process, however, so I could not ever do any boasting.

One of my most favorite amino acids is:

L-Tyrosine

and folic acid is important Folic Acid but it is really important to also listen and learn from one's own individual body.

It is very important to take your Vitamins regularly. They keep proper functioning of our body. I take my vitamins everyday without fail. It has helped me a lot.

It is very important to take your Vitamins regularly. They keep proper functioning of our body. I take my vitamins everyday without fail. It has helped me a lot.

I have found that if a routinely balanced diet isn't coupled with vitamins and suppliments it will mess up my stomach. I also have found that after taking things regularly and then stopping.... it can make me excessively tired and cranky. But, then, that may be just me.

I have started seeing my doctor more and also started meds to combat narcolepsy symptoms, but the vitamins and suppliments did not ever seem to really address those things.

Now, if I could just get hubby to focus on his possible depression.

Another thing that has come to mind, recently, is that more doctors likely suffer from depression than commonly realised. Being in the medical field does not necessarily mean that they have the support they need to recover their own optimal health.

You HAVE to take supplements because most of the food we eat nowadays Is non-nutrative CRAP.

Last edited:
One of the most interesting things to me is how little seems to be known, or, rather, acknowledged, by prescribing physicians about the medications and the pharmaceutical companies under which they are, however indirectly, representing. :dunno: I suppose it is the same with the production of vitamins and suppliments, and, grudgingly, I suppose it can obviously be politically inclined, however, that does add a whole new facet to the educating potential of pharmacology. Or, rather, seems to....

Granny says, "Dat's right - is okay to take folic acid during pregnancy...
:cool:
Folic acid 'cancer risk' fears played down by study
24 January 2013 - Worries that taking extra folic acid might increase the risk of cancer have been played down by a major study.
Following Canadian research linking the vitamin with a small rise in cancer, the study in the Lancet journal looked at data from 50,000 people. It found no significant differences in those taking folic acid. Taken in early pregnancy, it reduces the chances of certain birth defects and there have been calls to add it to food in the UK. Many countries, including the US and Canada, South Africa and Australia, already add folate - also called folic acid or Vitamin B9 - to all flour. It is proven to reduce the number of babies born with "neural tube defects" such as spina bifida.

_65493583_folic_acid_in_pregnancy-spl.jpg

One of the original reasons behind this more cautious approach in western Europe was the risk that folic acid supplementation could disguise anaemia symptoms in a small number of older people. However, another more pressing concern was prompted by the 2007 study that found the incidence of colorectal cancer, which had been falling in the US and Canada, rose temporarily just after the vitamin was automatically added to flour. One theory suggested that folate had boosted the growth of tiny, as-yet undetected cancers or pre-cancers, allowing them to be diagnosed earlier and giving the impression that cancer rates had increased.

'Reassuring'

The Lancet study compared cancer rates over a five-year period in 50,000 people from several countries, some taking a folic acid supplement and some a placebo. The doses of folate tended to be much higher than those proposed for mandatory fortification of flour, but a slight increase in cancer incidence recorded in this group did not reach statistical significance, meaning it could be the product of chance alone. One of the report authors, Dr Robert Clarke, from the Clinical Trial Service Unit at the University of Oxford, said that the findings were "reassuring". "If there was a substantial effect, we would expect to have seen it by now," he added. He said that while the doses proposed for mandatory fortification of flour were much lower than those in the study, a small proportion of people were known to combine this with extra supplements.

He said: "If there is any caution now, this is the group of people involved." New restrictions on the availability of high-dose supplements are one possible solution. The UK's chief medical officers have already recommended that folate be added to flour, and the decision now rests with government ministers. The British Dietetic Association says that fortification would be a "simple way" to increase folic acid intake across the population. Spokesman Dr Sarah Schenker said that while there was still some caution over anaemia in the elderly, overall the benefits would outweigh the risks. She said: "It can certainly be recommended to pregnant women and those who may become pregnant. "Fortification may well be a good idea because our health messages about healthy eating aren't always getting through."

BBC News - Folic acid 'cancer risk' fears played down by study

Forum List

Back