Supernatural and fantasy thinking about religion. Is it good or evil?

It's important to take believers in supernatural entities seriously because they have unleashed the most egregious cruelty on humanity in the name of their various supernatural gods.

Morals and ethics are claimed by religionists to be the result of the inerrancy of their respective supernatural gods (an utterly untrue assertion with reams of evidence against it), which is then touted as the wondrous panacea that solves all the world's ills and makes the "beliebers" people deserving of eternal paradise. It seems that there is an undercurrent of fear and arrogance used to justify appalling behavior.

I agree, and think it a shame that believers think a genocidal god is a good source of morals and ethics.

Their calling evil god shows the depth of the harm that believing in the supernatural will do to a mind.

Regards
DL

If mental health was important top our governments, they would ban all supernaturalstupid religions.
That you want to ban religion isn’t exactly a surprise.

Learn to read. I di not indicate all religions.

I would start with the one you advocate that has a genocidal prick as it's "good" god.

Regards
DL
Which is totally illogical because you don’t believe any god exists.

So it isn’t any specific god you hate. It is a specific religion you hate.

You might as well be a fucking nazi.

I hate any religion that produces people like you who think a genocidal prick is somehow good.

Regards
DL
Good luck with that, Adolph.

There is nothing wrong with fantastical and supernatural thinking, as long as you realize it’s only imagination.
Innocent kids should not be abused by telling them otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with fantastical and supernatural thinking, as long as you realize it’s only imagination.
I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Good for you!
I’m not an extreme atheist or theist, and my “faith” is practical.

Good for you!
I’m not an extreme atheist or theist, and my “faith” is practical.
You could have fooled me.

Forum List

Back