Superman vs the KKK

cnelsen

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Washington, DC
While it might seem obvious that the Jews who run the US movie industry are embarked on a vicious campaign to ensure that, as we sink into minority status, whites will be a hated minority, I've been assured that that simply isn't the case. As several of the Hebraic members of this board have explained to me, "You Nazi!"

Now comes word from Tinsel Town that a producer named Marc Rosen has a movie in the works tentatively titled "Superman vs the KKK". It's the movie we've all been screaming for in which Superman battles the KKK. Marc described the movie as "a real case of truth being cooler than fiction." (And, no, this isn't another example of that famous Jewish difficulty with the truth, because "You Nazi!")

While it might seem obvious that the Jews who run the US movie industry are embarked on a vicious campaign to ensure that, as we sink into minority status, whites will be a hated minority, I've been assured that that simply isn't the case. As several of the Hebraic members of this board have explained to me, "You Nazi!"

Now comes word from Tinsel Town that a producer named Marc Rosen has a movie in the works tentatively titled "Superman vs the KKK". It's the movie we've all been screaming for in which Superman battles the KKK. Marc described the movie as "a real case of truth being cooler than fiction." (And, no, this isn't another example of that famous Jewish difficulty with the truth, because "You Nazi!")

Derivative. Stetson Kennedy co-wrote a series over 70 years ago called "The Clan of the Fiery Cross" for the Superman radio show, at the time wildly popular. Kennedy had previously infiltrated the Klan and wrote an exposé about the experience, and used that knowledge to make the script authentic. The ploy was a huge success; kids listening to Superman got educated about hate groups and their parents who had been involved started chucking their robes lest they be found out. Klan membership plummeted.

1946: The Clan of the Fiery Cross

Well ... Superman IS Jewish ...

10 Reasons Superman Is Really Jewish

supermanjsa.jpg

Derivative. Stetson Kennedy co-wrote a series over 70 years ago called "The Clan of the Fiery Cross" for the Superman radio show, at the time wildly popular. Kennedy had previously infiltrated the Klan and wrote an exposé about the experience, and used that knowledge to make the script authentic. The ploy was a huge success; kids listening to Superman got educated about hate groups and their parents who had been involved started chucking their robes lest they be found out. Klan membership plummeted.

1946: The Clan of the Fiery Cross

From a previous thread:

>> I made the statement in another thread that "there has never been a Liberal in the Klan". Well technically, that's not true --- author and folklorist Stetson Kennedy was certainly a Liberal and one of the most outspoken opponents of Southern racism from the South, a contemporary of Lillian Smith and Erskine Caldwell. Kennedy famously infiltrated his local Klavern in the 1940s, became a member, and tried to ferret out what information he could to relay to the authorities. Noticing that beneath some of the members' robes were police/sheriff's uniforms, he went instead to the FBI, who weren't very interested and to the extent they were, blew the ball game: "So I got a call from the FBI last week", the Klan leader noted at the next meeting....

So Kennedy came up with another angle that was absolutely brilliant.

Noticing some boys playing "cops and robbers" in the street, it occurred to him that since the recent fall of Germany and Japan in World War Two, the radio theater hero Superman --- the centerpiece of a program that was wildly popular and broadcast every day on radio (TV wasn't established yet) --- had run short of villains to fight.

So he gave them one: the Klan.

The Klan would use secret passwords for access to its meetings which would change every week. Kennedy, still an undiscovered mole, would pass these passwords on to the writers of Superman, who would work them, intact, into the script in stark realism. Not only were the Klan's "secret" passwords and silly rituals being broadcast coast-to-coast, their absurd philosophy was hung out to dry in the script:

Segret Wilson
Come now, Riggs. Is it possible that you really believe all that stuff about getting rid of the foreigners? That "one race, one religion, one color" hokum?

Matt Riggs
Hokum? Why, it's the absolute truth. We've got to save America from foreign elements.

Segret Wilson
Well, I'll be-- I thought you had brains, Riggs. But you've become drunk on the slop we put up for the suckers.

Matt Riggs
Suckers? Who are you calling--

Segret Wilson
Our members, Riggs. The poor fish who want to hate and blame somebody else for their failures in life. The saps who believe drivel such as, a man is a dangerous enemy because he goes to a different church. The little nobodies who want to believe some other race is inferior so they can feel superior. The jerks who go for that "100% American" rot.

Matt Riggs
Rot? You mean you don't believe?

Segret Wilson
Of course not. You must know there is no such thing as what we call 100% American. Everyone here except the Indians is descended from foreigners.

Matt Riggs
Why, blast you, Wilson. You sound like a dirty foreigner yourself.

Segret Wilson
I'm running a business, Riggs. And so are you. We deal in one of the oldest and most profitable commodities on Earth: Hate.​

"The Adventures of Superman: Clan of the Fiery Cross" began the first of its 16 episodes on June 10, 1946. Having failed to interest local or federal authorities on what info he could ferret out by infiltrating the Klan, Stetson Kennedy went to a far more powerful entity -- the hearts and minds of the people, via mass media. The Klan was now an enemy of Superman -- an American icon.

The same little kids that were dressing up as the latter character of "cops and robbers" with no uncertainty about who the "bad guy" was --- were now dressing up in hoods, mocking what they'd heard on the radio. Seeing their own kids playing "cops and Klanners", Klanners were kwitting, rather than chance being found out and embarrassed. By the end of the 1940s people were showing up to Klan rallies not to join, but to mock them. And it's said that within two weeks of the broadcast Klan recruitment was down to zero.

Another Klan resurgence had been deflated. Where the Klan tried to milk and stir up racial and religious bigotry, Kennedy provided the antidote, and it was strong medicine. He later wrote a bestselling book about his infiltration to turn the knife.

Stetson Kennedy passed away in 2011 at age 94. 'Bout time for another one. <<​

Btw how come there's no link to this "word coming from Tinsel Town"? How exactly do you "get word" that no one uttered? We'll have to assume you just ---- I dunno, made it up.

Oh well.

• Banned

I believe it. Red-blooded, white Christian, true-blue patriot boys suddenly running around the world making it safe for...well, running around the world doing something for some reason. Yaay, what a great development. Has an international whiff about it.

"Superman’s creator, Jerry Siegel, acknowledges in an unpublished memoir that he was strongly influenced by anti-Semitism he saw and felt"

This is like the Jewish patronymic: "was strongly influenced by anti-Semitism"

Sorry your Jew-hate thread didn't work out. And when I say "sorry" I'm being facetious.
Better luck next time. And when I say "better luck" I'm being sarcastic.

Whelp ---- since the OP couldn't be bothered to bring a link I had to go find one myself. And it turns out this planned movie is about exactly the radio show I posted about.

>> Lotus Entertainment and Paperchase Films are teaming with financier and executive producer Marco Vicini to produce Superman vs. the KKK, a film of Rick Bowers’ 2012 YA nonfiction book being adapted for a general audience.

Bowers’ book (full title: Superman Versus The Ku Klux Klan: The True Story of How the Iconic Superhero Battled the Men of Hate) chronicled the creation of a real-life 1946 radio drama in which Superman took on a thinly-veiled version of the actual Klan. The book will be adapted for the screen by Katherine Lindberg.

.... The team describes the movie plot as chronicling a former Klan member who goes undercover in 1946 Atlanta and works with the Anti-Defamation League and the producer of the Superman radio show. “Fighting the forces of evil with brain over brawn, artists taking down bullies and the power of a good piece of content, it’s a real case of truth being cooler than fiction,” said producer Marc Rosen. “We’re excited to develop the thriller elements of the film in the vein of The Departed and Mississippi Burning.” << --- Deadline Hollywood
In what is sure to be a crushing bonecrusher of bad news to the OP, the article mentions absolutely nothing about Da EEBUL Jooooooooooos. Strangely it also mentions nothing of Stetson Kennedy, who's responsible for the whole program having happened in the first place.

Pfft. Hollywood wankers. Never saw a good fact they couldn't pave over.

I randomly clicked on another Forward article and suddenly everything is Orchard St. Here's what, in my view, presents the insurmountable obstacle to peaceful coexistence (I only recently realized that peaceful coexistence is not a goal for most Jews):

To be sure, we have seen a number of large scale anti-Semitic attacks in the past few years, and anti-Semitic hate crimes are on the rise (in the United States, at least), but the idea that this is somehow new not only ignores the past, it also absolves the West of its terrible post-’45 history of anti-Semitism. This absolution and astonishment at the present situation prevents us from reckoning with the reality of anti-Semitism in Western society, which is that it is here, has always been here...

It is clear that the "contributing editor" who wrote this (Jake Romm, [email protected], @JakeRomm)
sees the larger community around him as "other", i.e., the "West". But as a (I'm assuming) US citizen, Mr. Romm undoubtedly expects to be allowed to participate fully in the national life, and to be treated as someone with equal standing with all other citizens. If Mr Romm's Jewishness interfered with such, if he were seen as "other" by members of the larger community, he would, no doubt, assert anti-Semitism. In other words, he wants the privilege of the insider looking out at the other, but insists the outsider consider him an insider--a feat that sounds as unlikely as it does unfair. And if the outsider reciprocates in kind, he is an anti-Semite.

Not only does Mr. Romm insist we treat him in a manner he isn't willing to reciprocate, he uses his outsider position to attack us and our "terrible post-’45 history of anti-Semitism", the guilt for which he is not only unwilling to absolve us, but unwilling even to acknowledge what part his own behavior may have played.

The untenability of his position is made evident by his appeal to the rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes in the United States. Surely, he is aware of the arrests of a Jewish teenager in Israel and a disaffected black Muslim here in the US who, together, were responsible for the recent rise in anti-Semitic incidents. So, not only has Mr. Romm constructed a contradictory social system with impossible demands, but he is willing to include guilt for crimes committed by someone else.

No good can come from such an irrational and loaded position.

I randomly clicked on another Forward article and suddenly everything is Orchard St. Here's what, in my view, presents the insurmountable obstacle to peaceful coexistence (I only recently realized that peaceful coexistence is not a goal for most Jews):

To be sure, we have seen a number of large scale anti-Semitic attacks in the past few years, and anti-Semitic hate crimes are on the rise (in the United States, at least), but the idea that this is somehow new not only ignores the past, it also absolves the West of its terrible post-’45 history of anti-Semitism. This absolution and astonishment at the present situation prevents us from reckoning with the reality of anti-Semitism in Western society, which is that it is here, has always been here...

It is clear that the "contributing editor" who wrote this (Jake Romm, [email protected], @JakeRomm)
sees the larger community around him as "other", i.e., the "West". But as a (I'm assuming) US citizen, Mr. Romm undoubtedly expects to be allowed to participate fully in the national life, and to be treated as someone with equal standing with all other citizens. If Mr Romm's Jewishness interfered with such, if he were seen as "other" by members of the larger community, he would, no doubt, assert anti-Semitism. In other words, he wants the privilege of the insider looking out at the other, but insists the outsider consider him an insider--a feat that sounds as unlikely as it does unfair. And if the outsider reciprocates in kind, he is an anti-Semite.

Not only does Mr. Romm insist we treat him in a manner he isn't willing to reciprocate, he uses his outsider position to attack us and our "terrible post-’45 history of anti-Semitism", the guilt for which he is not only unwilling to absolve us, but unwilling even to acknowledge what part his own behavior may have played.

The untenability of his position is made evident by his appeal to the rise in anti-Semitic hate crimes in the United States. Surely, he is aware of the arrests of a Jewish teenager in Israel and a disaffected black Muslim here in the US who, together, were responsible for the recent rise in anti-Semitic incidents. So, not only has Mr. Romm constructed a contradictory social system with impossible demands, but he is willing to include guilt for crimes committed by someone else.

So ... just to sum up ... your arguing that some Jews are irrationally concerned by antisemitism and you prove that by being a rabid anti-Semite?

I have to admit, you've got to have a brain full of drunk bees to actually think up an argument like that. Congrats.

On reflection, you do have a point. While Antisemitism in the past has been lethal to Jews and something to fear, today it has been rightfully relegated to the lowest levels of the Internet where overt anti-Semites are anonymous trolls who have never met a Jew in their life that wasn't a boss, a landlord, or a court-appointed attorney. So, your presence here does provide a good example of just how little there is to fear from an anti-Semite these days.

So ... just to sum up ... your arguing that some Jews are irrationally concerned by antisemitism and you prove that by being a rabid anti-Semite?

I have to admit, you've got to have a brain full of drunk bees to actually think up an argument like that. Congrats.

On reflection, you do have a point. While Antisemitism in the past has been lethal to Jews and something to fear, today it has been rightfully relegated to the lowest levels of the Internet where overt anti-Semites are anonymous trolls who have never met a Jew in their life that wasn't a boss, a landlord, or a court-appointed attorney. So, your presence here does provide a good example of just how little there is to fear from an anti-Semite these days.
Your reflector is as broken as your sense of human decency. You missed my point entirely. It was a perhaps too subtle critique of the term anti-Semitism itself and its use. Perhaps if I'd used more snarl you'd have understood. The problem is not that "some Jews are irrationally concerned by antisemitism". The problem is with any Jew (or non-Jew, for that matter) who believes anti-Semitism is a thing at all.

I'll back up a bit for you and start with the definition. Anti-Semitism is a mortal sin of which anyone in the world can be guilty except a Jew, and to be guilty of which requires nothing more than the accusation of such by any Jew. In other words, it isn't a normal word-- a part of language used to facilitate communication between humans. It is a weapon word.

Every human group has experienced violence, both as victim and victimizer. The word "anti-Semitism" distinguishes only the violence that concerns Jews and then only when Jews are the victims. The 800,000 Tutsis who died at the hands of Hutus were victims of genocide. The six million Jews who died at the hands of Germans were victims of genocide. The 20 million Russian Christians who dies at the hands of Jews were the victims of genocide. None were more tragic than the others by virtue of their ethnicity. The term anti-Semitism claims otherwise.

It wouldn't matter, except that the messy thinking that results from messy illegitimate language has consequences as evidenced by Mr Romm's paragraph I posted above. The irrationality of the term leads him to think it is perfectly reasonable to demand consideration from others he isn't willing to reciprocate. His position guarantees enmity and conflict and, eventually, bloodshed. It is time to ditch the bogus term "anti-Semitism" and the lethal thinking it spawns.

The word "anti-Semitism" distinguishes only the violence that concerns Jews and then only when Jews are the victims

Actually Arabic is a Semitic language as well, speaking of "messy illegitimate language". So are Aramaic, Amharic and a few others. It doesn't mean "Jewish".

NONE of which has anything in the remotest way to do with the unlinked stated topic of a contemporary movie production of a 1946 Stetson Kennedy radio program. So you hijacked your own thread almost upon inception, although to be fair you did put up little resistance.

Forum List

Back