Superman Says

67546260_1461137257367563_5050163696442015744_n.jpg

Surely that is the American way ?
Superman was the consummate Republican.

Read the last line: “...keep your school All Smerican”

In that time period there was still (for the mst part) a singular American culture regardless of race, creed, etc... You didn’t see people from Japan flying Japanese flags in their American home. You didn’t see Jewish or other religious folks demanding their employees give them their religious holidays off with pay. Everyone was expected to speak English.
So should trump get to define what is "American" ?

The message still resonates. Who would have thought we would need reminding of it in these enlightened times ?

You lefties will continue to fight the battles of old one hundred years from now. Furthermore you know nothing about America, so why do you pretend you do?

Read the last line: “...keep your school All Smerican”

In that time period there was still (for the mst part) a singular American culture regardless of race, creed, etc... You didn’t see people from Japan flying Japanese flags in their American home. You didn’t see Jewish or other religious folks demanding their employees give them their religious holidays off with pay. Everyone was expected to speak English.
So should trump get to define what is "American" ?
Americans know what an American is already. You are not one of us so you have no say in the matter.
Have you actually ever been here, or do you rely on MSNBC to tell you what we are all about?

Superman's statement seems in line with what America should be.

I put far more emphasis on what the founders of this country (including members of my own family) believe it should be than what a fictional comic book character’s writers believe it should be.

Now, that being said, if you read that advertisement with a 1950’s Cold War America mentality rather than a 2019 Progressive America mentality it’s a very different thing, as I pointed out earlier. Back then being “All American” and resisting discrimination meant something particular, and it’s nothing like the ethnic-political-religious-racial political correctness of today.

The message still resonates. Who would have thought we would need reminding of it in these enlightened times ?

You lefties will continue to fight the battles of old one hundred years from now. Furthermore you know nothing about America, so why do you pretend you do?
Do you have a problem with Supermans statement ?

No. I have a problem with your statement
Why ?

It appears, the poster is actually genuine.

Nonetheless, readers would probably have been slightly puzzled, knowing that this "kind of talk" is as American as apple pie, turn around, and return to their segregated schools, toilets, and lunch counters: Ain't no such "schoolmates", no sir!

It's a bit like the preacher on Sunday praising chastity. Everyone nodding in agreement - except let's not be unduly hasty about it.

Nonetheless, readers would probably have been slightly puzzled, knowing that this "kind of talk" is as American as apple pie, turn around, and return to their segregated schools, toilets, and lunch counters: Ain't no such "schoolmates", no sir!

It's a bit like the preacher on Sunday praising chastity. Everyone nodding in agreement - except let's not be unduly hasty about it.
Its aspirational .

Well, I think it is amusing that everyone here thinks that this poster if authentic.

Its aspirational .

I'd say, that's the best possible spin on things.

Remember, the last public lynching in the South (as far as we know) happened in 1947. At the same time, pictures of Nazi extermination camps were in circulation, demonstrating the devastating effects racism can have, given the "right" circumstances. So, what's a thoroughly racist society, in which next to no one so much as frowns at the liberal use of the N-Word, to do? One path would be "aspirational", that is, curing the root evil that is racism. The other is to declare "holier than thou!" by way of declaring "un-American" that which is essentially American. The Southern riots and atrocities against the implementation of Brown v. Board of Education just a few years later, and the riots and atrocities over the Civil and Voting Rights Acts another decade later, should demonstrate which path was actually taken.

I am generally polite and welcoming to everyone (except Michigan football fans, they're Nazis!) and it has nothing to do with my love for my country. I do it because it's the right and Godly thing to do.

You have the mistaken belief that the American right is opposed to immigration and is opposed to other ethnicities. We support immigration but we want immigrants who share our values and who agree with our principles as outlined in our nation's constitution and our bill of rights. If they believe, for instance, that Sharia Law should be the law of the land, then they don't belong in the U.S. and they should emigrate to a nation that lives under Sharia Law. Leftists like you seem to believe that anyone and everyone that wants to live here should be ENTITLED to live in the U.S. regardless of what they've done and regardless of their belief system. Why do you feel that way?

Forum List

Back