Super Tuesday 2020 (March 3, 2020) California Moves up Their Primaries

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
An interesting thing happened recently. Governor Brown signed a bill that moved up the California Primaries to the first Tuesday in March. “Super Tuesday” as it is known will now feature:
  1. Alabama
  2. California
  3. Massachusetts
  4. North Carolina
  5. Oklahoma
  6. Tennessee
  7. Texas
  8. Vermont
  9. Virginia

Others may join in as well.

The nine states listed above represent the lions share of the delegates a candidate needs to get a Presidential nomination. About 600 delegates for the R’s and 800 for the D’s were up for grabs in 2016 during it’s Super Tuesday contests. The advent of the nations’ most populous state will only increase those numbers. Five-hundred plus delegates are to be awarded from California alone to the Democrats(2,382 +/- is needed to win) and 172 to the Republicans (1,237 are needed).

Another thing it does, which is a benefit to my way of thinking, is that it lessens the impact of the Iowa and New Hampshire contests which take place a month and three weeks before respectively. The old adage that there are 3 tickets out of Iowa may no longer be true.

California Moves Up 2020 Primary Elections To March

Totally irrelevant pablum for the proletariat. What matters for the dems are their super-delegates. Bernie proved that the popular vote is worthless.

What does Soros think about this? Will it impact his choice for the dem candidate? Probably not

Totally irrelevant pablum for the proletariat. What matters for the dems are their super-delegates. Bernie proved that the popular vote is worthless.

Bernie lost every major state. But that was here on Earth; not where ever you are getting your news from.

I disagree this kind of speeding up the selection process means that a real wacko is more likely to win nomination.

Bernie did not with the popular vote. Super delegates have never gone to a minority vote getter.

Bernie didn’t win any popular vote, dumbass.

What does Soros think about this? Will it impact his choice for the dem candidate? Probably not
He’s living rent-free in your “mind”. And millions of other wingnuts. Maybe that’s how he got to be a billionaire: never having to pay rent.

I disagree this kind of speeding up the selection process means that a real wacko is more likely to win nomination.
I dunno about "whacko." I think a whacko would be more likely to come from smaller states all in a similar geog region. Here we have Tex and Calif, along with VA and NC, and some smaller states too. Maybe it gives a candidate a better chance to "land a knock out blow" and just get it over with.

He’s living rent-free in your “mind”. And millions of other wingnuts. Maybe that’s how he got to be a billionaire: never having to pay rent.

He spent his formative years enjoying working with genuine Nazis -- and liking it.
I thought you didn’t like fake news?

Did you not watch the Steve Kroft interview?

He spent his formative years enjoying working with genuine Nazis -- and liking it.

CBS isn’t fake news?

Bernie lost every major state. But that was here on Earth; not where ever you are getting your news from.

How about the Washington Post?

google: Sanders supporters call super-delegate system rigged
(link wont copy??)

Last edited:

Additionally, it means that you essentially have a month once people start voting to prove legitimacy. After 3/3/20, there will be very little money contributed to someone in 3rd place or lower. So that means fundraising for 3/3/20 stars like 1/1/18 or so. It shifts the dynamic to the already affluent or those with name recognition and backing.

It really “helps” a Republican candidate more than a Democratic Party candidate because the R contests are largely “winner take all” where as the Dems insist on the proportional distribution which is why Hillary and Obama had their convention brokered and Bernie and Hillary were still going at it up to the Convention.

The R nominee may be decided before Spring. :eek-52:
MI, OH, FL, IL all have their (currently) before 3/21/20.

How about the Washington Post?

Sanders supporters call super-delegate system "rigged"

So? They’ve had super delegates in the Democratic Party since at least 1984. If he thought it was “rigged”, he knew about the rigging well in advance on that aspect. The cheating that the DNC did to give Hillary an advantage was shameful but they are allowed to do whatever they want outside of electioneering.

CBS isn’t fake news?

Are you making a point?

As a Trump supporter, I'm pretty happy the dems had their Super Delegates, Illegals, non-living and Party Bosses fuck Bernie over so badly his supporters either stayed home of were tricked by Putin into voting Trump

#MAGA

_91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg

Additionally, it means that you essentially have a month once people start voting to prove legitimacy. After 3/3/20, there will be very little money contributed to someone in 3rd place or lower. So that means fundraising for 3/3/20 stars like 1/1/18 or so. It shifts the dynamic to the already affluent or those with name recognition and backing.

It really “helps” a Republican candidate more than a Democratic Party candidate because the R contests are largely “winner take all” where as the Dems insist on the proportional distribution which is why Hillary and Obama had their convention brokered and Bernie and Hillary were still going at it up to the Convention.

The R nominee may be decided before Spring. :eek-52:
MI, OH, FL, IL all have their (currently) before 3/21/20.
An actually competitive gop primary season in 20? THAT would be interesting.

Forum List

Back