Super-rich can access investments that are closed to the rest of us

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
While your 401k gets emptied by the latest market turmoil the super-rich are raking in the dough with investments only they can access. Guess it's time for more tax breaks for these poor rich folks! ~ Fark

Super rich still making money in crisis - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

LONDON — Financial advisers to the world's richest people report some of their top clients have continued to make money throughout recent market turmoil by harnessing sophisticated investments out of reach to mainstream investors.

With equity markets plunging, most investors have suffered losses to their pension funds and portfolios, but those able to meet the multi-million dollar investment thresholds of private equity and some hedge funds are coming out ahead.

"You've got so many investment opportunities that are open only to very rich people," said one London-based financial adviser specializing in ultra-rich investors.

"The super rich are doing very well. They're getting good advice, they're getting access to stuff that other people don't have access to," he said.

Does this mean they need more tax breaks? Because I'm totally on board for that. I just can't do enough for dear old Mr. & Mrs. Hoover.

Anyone who uses terms like "super rich" or "ultra-rich" shouldn't be trusted.

You mean people with more money have advantages over people with less?? Whoa! Never saw that coming! That's just crazy, man! Crazy!

hippie.jpg

While your 401k gets emptied by the latest market turmoil the super-rich are raking in the dough with investments only they can access. Guess it's time for more tax breaks for these poor rich folks! ~ Fark

Super rich still making money in crisis - Business - Stocks & economy - msnbc.com

LONDON — Financial advisers to the world's richest people report some of their top clients have continued to make money throughout recent market turmoil by harnessing sophisticated investments out of reach to mainstream investors.

With equity markets plunging, most investors have suffered losses to their pension funds and portfolios, but those able to meet the multi-million dollar investment thresholds of private equity and some hedge funds are coming out ahead.

"You've got so many investment opportunities that are open only to very rich people," said one London-based financial adviser specializing in ultra-rich investors.

"The super rich are doing very well. They're getting good advice, they're getting access to stuff that other people don't have access to," he said.

Does this mean they need more tax breaks? Because I'm totally on board for that. I just can't do enough for dear old Mr. & Mrs. Hoover.

why yes, becasue there is no risk....

ED-AO095_3irs_D_20110816182704.jpg

This is why much of the people with top assets like a boom and bust cycle.

It creates opportunities for them on both sides of the coin.

The regular Joe has a hard time holding on to THEIR assets in a boom and bust cycle.

New Topics

Forum List

Back