Super Glu and Rubber

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
I am trying to fix the heel of my boot, only need it to last one. I read that it won't eat the rubber like someone I asked before claimed, is this true? And will it hold for a few hours?
I never use super glu so I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Last edited:
Why not just pound the heel on with a brad or other small nail? If the boot isn't so restrictive that you can't get a small hammer and your hands inside it, you should find that it wouldn't take quite as long to dry.

I need it to dry quickly. I have gorilla glue but that takes 24hrs to 100% cure.

Why not just pound the heel on with a brad or other small nail? If the boot isn't so restrictive that you can't get a small hammer and your hands inside it, you should find that it wouldn't take quite as long to dry.

The heel didn't fall off, a piece just kind of split apart and came apart from shoe. I made the mistake of wearing them when I was walking around New York.

The heel didn't fall off, a piece just kind of split apart and came apart from shoe. I made the mistake of wearing them when I was walking around New York.

Oh.

Yes, you need heels in New York to outrun the muggers.

I know how to put in a ice rink but am clueless when it comes to repairs. Lol

My boots take a pounding every day, although I should mention they're worn on projects where construction or demolition is being carried-out; but I find that contact adhesive works well to plug leaks and such. Don't get it on your fingers, though, as it'll take at least a week to get rid of the stains.

Forum List

Back