Super Bowl Predictions

Half time show: The dance of the mindless molesting maggots!

Fantasy-Date(?)

My Ravens are destroyed, and the injury-naysayers carry the day this year; but I have a new 'mock-up' fantasy boat now floating, and it's rowing ahead with the Chiefs-Eagles as the surprise matchup, downing all those Packers or even Titans fans. Of course, such a 'design' is only possible if the 'upstart' Eagles can get past the Bucs/Cowboys in the NFC.

====

So, thinking about what made the Packers season-long contenders and late-season weights is not too complex. So, why not add some 'spice' to this crystal-ball equation by suggesting the Eagles will shock the Brady-Bucs in the NFC before surprising the Cowboys in a revenge-triumph before storming into the Super Bowl. I mean, do people really 'doubt' the Philly-Birds after their revenge-win in the Super Bowl against Brady's Patriots? I sure don't, but I'm biased (I used to live in Philadelphia). This sounds more enticing than other 'fantasy-draws' I've come across, IMO. Add to such a dark-horse equation a predictable run (comparably) by Mahomes' Chiefs and you have a formula for a Super Bowl reminiscent of yesteryear's 'cauldron' of 'dancing' games (e.g., Tarkenton-era Vikings games!). Right? This doesn't have to be formulaic.

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

d10.jpg

It looks like a slate-full of surprisingly 'intriguing' NFL playoffs games this season, right? I don't want a Bucs-Pats matchup, and I doubt many others do either. However, I'd like to make some 'wagers' here about who's going to make the Big Show entertaining come Bowl-day. Also, how about some ad-predictions (haha)?

====

Bracket-analysts who've made playoff scenarios have various matchup-victor predictions, but I don't think there's much uncertainty regarding the strong Ravens/Cardinals (AFC/NFC) teams going very far or at least making strong showings. However, here's my predicitions with casted matchups ---

AFC
I like the Ravens downing the Patriots who'll win their first playoff game while the Chiefs should down their matchup (I think the Bills?) to offer a nice Chiefs-Ravens conference championship, and who can stop these Ravens anyways?

NFC
I like the Cardinals taking down the Packers if they meet after the Packers should down Washington, while the Bucs will/should face a Rams team after they down them Cowboys (those are the bracket-pairings, right?). In any case, don't bet against Brady or his new-look Bucs unless there's a real diadem to challenge the official 'old-man' of American football.

SUPER BOWL:
I'm calling Brady's Bucs to meet with the Ravens in this Bowl, and it's going to be entertaining more or less, but I see the Ravens tightening-down to come out ahead in a final score of I think 29-20, with good/adequate defense and anticipated reliable offense. That's my casting! What do you think?

====

View attachment 572096
i predict a Bills win over the 49ers in the Super Bowl. ABC News/Associated Press - TV ratings for the NFL are the highest since 2015.

May these Odds...

Well, there's plenty of wiggle-room for this NFL weekend, finishing out with the MNF game between the Cards-Rams, and geez, can anyone deny the pool is WIDE open? I can't remember the last time one might say, "It's anyone's game!" I disagree it's completely open-wide, however, there's truly much speculation and fantasy-football anarchy. The Packers are still favorites as are other heavyweights thanks to great QBs (Mahomes/Brady), but the dark-horses (49ers, Eagles, Rams) honestly make it a wager-party. At least the gorgeous cheerleaders will have the most fun.

====

STANDARD (Sane):

Right through wild-card weekend, let's see (hmm), it seems the Chiefs can handle the Steelers and the Cowboys might down SF while the Bucs could slide easily. This suggests an eventual strenght-based coasting for the Chiefs/Bucs.

OPEN (Insane):

Now, for the crazies. Well, the Cards-Rams and Bengals-Raiders matchups are even. It's anyone's game. However, maybe the 49ers can down Dallas with JG-QB and the still-defiant Eagles stun the world and Brady's Bucs while the Steelers potentially upset the Chiefs. Can you believe it? This suggests more variations. That's why I'm going (now) with the Buffalo Bills getting through farther than expected...all the way to the Super Bowl --- to meet who --- my dark-horse faves --- the Philadelphia Eagles (why not?)! I wouldn't play big on this pool unless I was a millionaire with money to burn.

====

bc1.jpg

49ers? Wow... Think the pack will win it all
Any team can win it all, really. It's more like i hope the Bills and 49ers make it to the Super Bowl. That is Chris Berman's prediction every season. And I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl this time. :)

Any team can win it all, really. It's more like i hope the Bills and 49ers make it to the Super Bowl. That is Chris Berman's prediction every season. And I hope the Bills win the Super Bowl this time. :)
I have been waits for the bills to win the super bowl since kelly, but Aron is on the top of his game

"Destroy Dallas"

bc29.jpg

====

This zany bracket has this weekend as a high-point I think now. You won't find another intriguing matchup weekend (Bucs-Eagles, Patriots-Bills, Cardinals-Rams). After this round, it's all anarchy, IMO. So live it up, friends. I'm seeing a Fiona Apple concert or something or collecting Cowboys cheerleaders photos, even though I despise them 'Boys. Bills-49ers, Bucs-Chiefs, Patriots-Packers, any pairing would make a decent Super Bowl and it's pretty unpredictably predictable. I'm taking Klonopin.

====

bc30.jpg

Cards of Daedalus

How about two NFL-mementos for this absolutely lunatic bracket this year (a Brady-Marino card-pair for collectors with that 'special eye' for sports-marketing 'dollars')? As the evil Iago would say, "Gamble well, gentlemen; gamble fully but well."

bc5.jpg

mi16.jpg

I’m being a homer here. I no longer live in Buffalo. Haven’t for several decades. But I am a Bills fan. They have something special this year. A bitterly cold night tonight will be a problem for them. But I have a hunch they will overcome New England anyway.

Bills will go to the Super Bowl again. They will finally win it.

(Take this prediction with the required grain of salt; and don’t ever bet more than you’re willing to lose.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back