Super Bowl Modifications I'd Like to See Made

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I know; if it ain't broke; don't fix it so there is no chance any of this will happen.

You want to see some competition? Make it to where the super bowl is held in the winning team's stadium the next year. Then you'll see some owners that really want to win. They are already the master lease holders (more often than not) for the stadium so they stand to make a ton already but sweeten the pot to where they get the ticket sales and concessions and whatever they can do to merchandise it. The NFL still gets the broadcast monies and general merch revenue.

If that isn't the case, just rotate the game to another NFL city the following year. If you're and NFL city, you can host the game once every 32 years. I'm glad LA hasn't hosted one since the 1990's but Houston has had 3 (one scheduled for 2017) and has never been; Green Bay has what, 4 Super Bowl victories but has never hosted? Great way to reward the fans of Green Bay who supported the team. And if there aren't enough hotel rooms or runways spaces for people to fly their private jets into the city...too f'ing bad. Just sell the tickets for whatever they are worth at the gate. I promise you it will be a sell out! Bad weather? Tough. You don't see baseball teams complaining about having to play in different stadiums in the world series....or complain that if the majority of the series games were in their stadium, they would have won.

One final thing. Halftime entertainment is such a bad thing already. Does anyone really care who the halftime act is out side of the NFL headquarters? Just have some of the HBCU marching bands or an all-star set of them play. It would not only be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for the kids but it would be something that the ultra-corporate money-machine-the-NFL-has-become isn't known for any longer; doing something that is just plain nice.

I would like to see the Seahawks modify Mannings, Welkers and Thomas's anatomy.

That is all.

Can't stand Wes Welker. They talk about coaches who are nothing without their franchise quatrterbacks (Holmgren, Siefert, Shanahan,); Welker has benefitted from aligning himself with Brady and now Manning.

The SB is more than just a game, it is a two week "event" drawing people and media from around the country. Some NFL cities are better suited to host than others

Halftime shows are way overblown but have become part of the hoopla that will not go away

Put the Superbowl in either a domed stadium or in a state with a more reasonable climate.

The forecast calls for temperatures in the thirties with a chance of snow. That's too freakin' cold for the players to play at their best.

Put the Superbowl in either a domed stadium or in a state with a more reasonable climate.

The forecast calls for temperatures in the thirties with a chance of snow. That's too freakin' cold for the players to play at their best.

The players will be just fine. Thirties is not cold

If they gave away free tasers to the first 10,000 fans, it would draw a larger TV audience.

Last edited:
Do away with the halftime popsinger show...meh

I totally agree.

The halftime show should be done away with all together quite honestly.

But if you're going to do it why not do something that increases your brand or, at the very least, is as I said earlier...nice?

I mentioned having the HBCU bands. Hell...start a tradition to where the Marine Corps band plays for 15 minutes. I'm sure these men and women would like to play, see the game, hang with the cheerleaders, players etc.

Scoring records were set during a weekend where there were something like 6 snow games earlier this year. I would argue that good weather doesn't allow all players to play at their "best".

The Poop: The NFL is Poop - Week 14

The SB is more than just a game, it is a two week "event" drawing people and media from around the country. Some NFL cities are better suited to host than others

Halftime shows are way overblown but have become part of the hoopla that will not go away

I'm afraid you're right. The halftime show isn't going away but I think the NFL is probably open to change a bit more than we give it credit for...they changed the pro bowl drastically.

They had the Super Bowl in Indy (Super Bowl 46) and the "event" seemed to come off just fine. They had it in Jacksonville and people seemed to be okay with it. It rained in Miami the last time Peyton won it (before this Sunday)...it was okay.

Forum List

Back