Who Will Win Super Bowl LI

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Matt Ryan is going to pick apart the NE Secondary, carving them up like a roast. Brady will leave the stadium feeling rather deflated.

Candy they were at 65-1 to win the Super Bowl before the season started, you are looking like a genius.

I pick the Pats for the following reasons:
1. The Pats don't have any real weaknesses. They are strong on both sides of the ball. 2. Brady is arguably the best QB of all time.
3. Record setting offenses have historically not done well in the SB or when facing a more balanced team. (ie Raiders over Redskins, Giants over Patriots, Falcons over Vikings, Giants over Packers, Seahawks over Broncos)

The Falcons appeared to be stronger in their last conference championship game than the NE Cheaters did.

Atlanta scored on practically every possession until the game settled down and became defensive with Atlanta up by several scores.

NE looked strong but not as strong as Atlanta.

NE has a slightly superior offense. The Falcons have a better defense. Historically, the better defense wins.

NE's front seven is not that great. Their leading tacklers are all in the secondary. THAT is dangerous.

Julio Jones will draw double coverage or he will feast. If he is double covered Mohamed Sano and Taylor Gabriel will have a great night. Freeman and Coleman are solid RBs that are also good receivers.

The Atlanta O-Line is better than the NE D-line. The Falcons pass rush is better.

In games against common opponents, NE out scored their foes by 7 points. Atlanta did it by 16 points.

Atlanta has been disrespected. They have come together in the 2nd half of the season. New England is not what they once were. The Falcons win.

Who is going to win and why?
It's not who I think is going to win it's who I want to win. I want Atlanta to get a Superbowl. Same way I don't want lebron to win another championship. Or Bama.

I have no clue what's going to happen. I hope it's close then Brady and his team get punched in the mouth in the 4th. But I'm guessing it might be Brady scoring 6 and Atlanta scoring 3s. But it could totally go the other way. Atlanta might score at will and new england gets stopped a couple times and Atlanta is up ten in the 4th and Brady has the ball down 3 with 2 minutes left. Would you be scared of you were a falcons fan?

So ne might blow them out or it could be Atlanta up 2 scores in the 4th.

No way Atlanta is up more than 9 but new england could blow them out.

I'm as confused as ram man right now. Can he see your threads if he blocked you? Or are we safe in here?

The Falcons appeared to be stronger in their last conference championship game than the NE Cheaters did.

Atlanta scored on practically every possession until the game settled down and became defensive with Atlanta up by several scores.

NE looked strong but not as strong as Atlanta.
Yea well the packers team was not good that week. Green bay was really good at the beginning of the year, went on a huge losing streak and then went on a winning streak to barely win the conference from us lions. Then they peaked beating Dallas.

Greenbay is no new england. Atlanta will not blow out new england. That's wishful thinking. If Atlanta wins it'll be close

NE has a slightly superior offense. The Falcons have a better defense. Historically, the better defense wins.

NE's front seven is not that great. Their leading tacklers are all in the secondary. THAT is dangerous.

Julio Jones will draw double coverage or he will feast. If he is double covered Mohamed Sano and Taylor Gabriel will have a great night. Freeman and Coleman are solid RBs that are also good receivers.

The Atlanta O-Line is better than the NE D-line. The Falcons pass rush is better.

In games against common opponents, NE out scored their foes by 7 points. Atlanta did it by 16 points.

Atlanta has been disrespected. They have come together in the 2nd half of the season. New England is not what they once were. The Falcons win.
I hope so. I mean new england doesn't even have gronk. Come on Atlanta!

14 of the last 16 Super Bowls the AFC quarterback has been named Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger. Gannon, and Flacco were the two exceptions.

In the last 20 years the NFC has had 17 different quarterbacks, Wilson, Manning and Warner have all been in two.

Last edited:
The Patriots because they are the Patriots and well coached. Brady can change his plays too (one of the few QBs who can do that). They have been here and done this before. This is only the Falcons 2nd SB appearance, and their only other one . . . they lost. Good chance of them choking. :thup:

Go PATS!

0204da414edf02be2ec1b8bbcf45cd61.jpg

Super Bowl 2017: Date, Point Spread and Prop Odds for Patriots vs. Falcons

The Patriots are going to be tough to score against. The Falcons, while underrated on defense, haven't been as tough to score on. They're rated 14th in overall defense by Pro Football Focus and allowed an average of 25.4 points per game in the regular season.

If the Patriots were strictly a defensive team, these two might balance each other out. However, New England actually ranked third in scoring with an average of 27.6 points per game in the regular season. More importantly, they've averaged 30.7 points per game with Tom Brady under center, including the playoffs.

Essentially, the Patriots should have a chance to make more defensive stops than the Falcons. A three-point spread actually feels about right because this game is likely to be close, but we think the Patriots can nudge it out.

I hope so. I mean new england doesn't even have gronk. Come on Atlanta!

The Patriots have plenty of other weapons. We've played our last several games without Gronk. Not to take anything away from Gronk, he is a great player and an important member of the team, but the Pats can still win games without him.

Forum List

Back