Suicide and the Bible.

As I stated.....discounted cognition to reason and logic. If you can't kill yourself, and anything outside of justifiable death is murder, then.......according to you suicide is impossible. Problem solved. :disbelief:

The Law of the Excluded Middle. Either a statement is true or its negation is true. Negation: a negative statement that is a refusal or denial of some other statement. Logic dictates that no statement can be true and false at the same instant.

If you commit suicide............you are dead, no denying that fact, you have "KILLED" yourself, if you are innocent of any crimes against humanity then in essence you have just murdered yourself. You state that you can't murder yourself. The question is why not? What reasonable and logical evidence can you provide in support of that statement? Evidence that contradicts the Law that is in effect in every civilized culture on earth. Thou Shall not Murder......., simply because its impossible to be punished for breaking a law does not exclude that law from being broken.

Bottom line: Suicide is immoral in its concept and in its act. Anyone that assists with suicide is guilty of a crime against humanity.
I suggest learning how to read Hebrew.
Killing is self-defense; suicide is self-murder.
You have just stated that someone who commits suicide is not a member of humanity...cool.

I suggest learning how to read Hebrew.
Killing is self-defense; suicide is self-murder.
You have just stated that someone who commits suicide is not a member of humanity...cool.

Talk about deflecting..........:abgg2q.jpg:

Yeah.........pretend to be smart. Everyone needs to waste years of his/her life learning an antiquated dead language that is distinct to but a small percentage of people.......that makes you SPECIAL. Why waste your time learning to read a dead language when there are universally accepted translations that have went through the scientific process of Comparative Contextual Analysis to assure.....contextual, content and subject matter consistency?

Your logic is like suggesting that one should build a new house from the foundation up when there exists on the property a perfectly constructed house. Why should one tear down that which is acceptable? Reading Hebrew and suggesting that others are just to stupid is not a sign of intelligence.........its a sign of condescending snobbery based upon a false premise. The Bible can only be comprehended using an ancient text.

:eusa_think: I choose door number 2.......I prefer to read from the same textual examples as Christ Jesus did when He quoted from the Old Testament using Konie Greek.......the universal language of the day. Its seems that none of the content, context nor subject matter was lost when Jesus was referencing the Book of Daniel or Genesis...etc.,

Last edited:

Yeah.........pretend to be smart. Everyone needs to waste years of his/her life learning an antiquated dead language that is distinct to but a small percentage of people.......that makes you SPECIAL. Why waste your time learning to read a dead language when there are universally accepted translations that have went through the scientific process of Comparative Contextual Analysis to assure.....contextual, content and subject matter consistency?

Your logic is like suggesting that one should build a new house from the foundation up when there exists on the property a perfectly constructed house. Why should one tear down that which is acceptable? Reading Hebrew and suggesting that others are just to stupid is not a sign of intelligence.........its a sign of condescending snobbery based upon a false premise. The Bible can only be comprehended using an ancient text.

:eusa_think: I choose door number 2.......I prefer to read from the same textual examples as Christ Jesus did when He quoted from the Old Testament using Konie Greek.......the universal language of the day. Its seems that none of the content, context nor subject matter was lost when Jesus was referencing the Book of Daniel or Genesis...etc.,
What’s the Hebrew word for suicide?

Over 10 million of the most educated people on Earth know and/or speak Hebrew.

You are murdering yourself and we all know what it says about murder.

1 Corinthians 3:17 NIV​

If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

What a load of rubbish. Gods temple??
You need a reality check.

In todays studies of the bible, Sheol is preached as meaning HELL. No. It means pit or grave. Not hell, a place of eternal torment. What god would torment someone for eternity with suffering and pain and burning? That is what churches preach. Fear. Be a christian and love God and Jesus...OR ELSE. That is not the God I love. Because that is not God. That is humans, projecting fear. Hell is a state of being. Absence from God. No rising. Just...dead. Not eternal torture.

So...suicide/kill/murder....only one word in there pertains. KILL. And we were given free will. If someone commits suicide, they are already tormented enough to actually do it.

I asked the question because its just one of many things that don't make sense. Then again, I don't think it's supposed to.

Gracie, it is not arbitrarily love Jesus, or else. Jesus was the one that traded places with us. We don't face judgment for our sins, because Jesus paid for them, he died to remove them from us. Love Jesus because He gave you back the eternal life that Satan stole in Eden. Jesus and Jesus alone is the redeemer of our souls.

Last edited:
I don't think they will go to Hell if they're saved, but a commandment is "Thou shall not kill" and suicide is killing yourself. I believe that murder and self-defense are different though.
“Thou shalt not kill“ is from the King James Version of the Bible Which was commissioned in 1604. Over time words change meaning. In our English today the better translation is, “You shall not murder.”

***snip***

So why did the King James translation of the Bible use the word “kill” rather than “murder”? Because 400 years ago, when the translation was made, “kill” was synonymous with “murder.” As a result, some people don’t realize that English has changed since 1610 and therefore think that the Ten Commandments prohibits all killing.

Now the question is if suicide is murdering yourself.

If it helps, I don't believe Scripture gives any kind of judgement on those who end their own lives. I go one step further and say anyone who cites Exodus 20:13 is so desperate to attach a religious perspective to something that isn't discussed in that way that those people tear that particular passage completely out of context just to get what they want.

I don't think they will go to Hell if they're saved, but a commandment is "Thou shall not kill" and suicide is killing yourself. I believe that murder and self-defense are different though.
The commandment is don't murder.

Forum List

Back