Suicide and the Bible.

‘Thou shalt not kill“ was a mistranslation. It should be “Thou shall not murder.“or “Do not murder.”

So when Jesus said, "Satan was a murderer from the beginning" the person with intelligence will see that Satan "in the beginning" didn't kill anyone. In the beginning Satan beguiled Adam and Eve into defying the command of God, death , a curse, being the consequence which caused their separation from God and expulsion from paradise into the wilderness where they lived out the rest of their days insane, the sweat of their brow, thinking, producing only thorns and thistles.

So...where in the bible does it say suicide is against Gods law and if one does commit suicide, they will go to hell?

Show me where it says that and specifically says SUICIDE.
Its covered under one law, "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them, FOT THIS IS THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS." -- Matthew 7:12 Its called the Golden Rule.........If one would take his own life, its no different than murdering another. It a matter of logic and reason.

Thou Shalt Not Murder. Even oneself. The correct translation is MURDER not KILL, as the bible is laced with "justified" examples of killing and the death penalty was invoked by God Himself (Genesis 9:6)

Your post does not make sense to me. Justifiable killings and death penalty invoked by God. Um. How does that compute. It doesn't.
Murder is to kill someone that does not want to be killed. Dead. Unwanted. Kill can be applied to mercy killing. We kill our pets on mercy when they no longer have a quality of life or cannot be saved and would suffer. There is no difference than doing the same for oneself...or another human being that is suffering and there is no quality of life.

Off topic a smidge..but who can REALLY commit sinlessly to the commandments? They sound reasonable enough, but how can one not covit, or eyeball a beautiful woman or a really hunky man and be married and it is NOT considered adultry?
Harsh rules for children given free will. Which is why He sent Jesus, I guess. To take all that crap on to Himself so we can....what? Be perfect? Only one perfect individual ever lived. Jesus. We can all TRY to do as the law stated, but we will always fail.
I have, only the last 6, the other ones, I'm an atheist. See we're not all bad. I was a RC for many years.

Last edited:
Your post does not make sense to me. Justifiable killings and death penalty invoked by God. Um. How does that compute. It doesn't.
Murder is to kill someone that does not want to be killed. Dead. Unwanted. Kill can be applied to mercy killing. We kill our pets on mercy when they no longer have a quality of life or cannot be saved and would suffer. There is no difference than doing the same for oneself...or another human being that is suffering and there is no quality of life.
It does not compute that the spilling of innocent Blood/Murder "Justifies" Capital Punishment? What.........those that rape and murder children should be allowed to walk this life as slaves to the state (spending between 31-60K per year in prison) with 3 meals and a cot, free medical care for life, entertainment at the expense of the tax payer?

Its clear, "For surely your blood of your lives I will require; at the hand of every beast will I require it; and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whosoever sheddeth man's blood; by man shall his blood be shed, for man is made in the image of God................" -- Gensis 9:5-6

And carried forth in the New Testament, "For he (government) is the minister of God to thee for good. But if you do evil; be afraid; FOR HE (government) DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN (capital punishement)..............(Romans 13:4)

Again its simple. The scriptures do not teach that self defense or justifiable death sentences are not allowed. The Christ even told His disciples to sell their shoes if necessary in order to ARM THEMSELVES when He sent them in lands that was frequented by robbers, thieves and murderers (Luke 22:31-34) Self defense of life is Justifiable

There is quite a difference (that you can't seem to comprehend) between justice and the criminal element and the act of Murdering the innocent.

There shall NOT MURDER. Not even yourself. Its a sin................how can you repent of any sin if you are dead? :dunno:

FYI: Pets are not human.........they are not made in the Image of God (in a spiritual sense) with a soul that goes back to God the creator at death. The difference? The spirit of Man goes back to God, the spirit of an animal goes back to the earth from which it came, "Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth." -- Eccl 3:21. No animal can be guilty of murder or sin......because they do not have the capacity to understand THE LAW.........but Man's spirit goes back to God for Judgement, man can and does have the capacity for ciritical independent thought in reasoning between RIGHT AND WRONG.

Have you ever heard of the Law of the Excluded Middle? Or a Logical Fallacy? How about Circular Logic? :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Its covered under one law, "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them, FOT THIS IS THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS." -- Matthew 7:12 Its called the Golden Rule.........If one would take his own life, its no different than murdering another. It a matter of logic and reason.

Thou Shalt Not Murder. Even oneself. The correct translation is MURDER not KILL, as the bible is laced with "justified" examples of killing and the death penalty was invoked by God Himself (Genesis 9:6)
"golden rule" of the profit--eers
"jingles"
War-Relics-Forum.png

Until you have walked down this road it is best to keep your opinions to yourself. Taking ones life has a profound impact on those left behind. No one living in this dimension has the right to pass judgment.

could be just a tad more difficult making the grand entry into the Everlasting most might think, anyway ... implying if suicide is a barrier, as committed before one frees their spirit - they will not be alone in the netherland.

It does not compute that the spilling of innocent Blood/Murder "Justifies" Capital Punishment? What.........those that rape and murder children should be allowed to walk this life as slaves to the state (spending between 31-60K per year in prison) with 3 meals and a cot, free medical care for life, entertainment at the expense of the tax payer?

Its clear, "For surely your blood of your lives I will require; at the hand of every beast will I require it; and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whosoever sheddeth man's blood; by man shall his blood be shed, for man is made in the image of God................" -- Gensis 9:5-6

And carried forth in the New Testament, "For he (government) is the minister of God to thee for good. But if you do evil; be afraid; FOR HE (government) DOES NOT BEAR THE SWORD IN VAIN (capital punishement)..............(Romans 13:4)

Again its simple. The scriptures do not teach that self defense or justifiable death sentences are not allowed. The Christ even told His disciples to sell their shoes if necessary in order to ARM THEMSELVES when He sent them in lands that was frequented by robbers, thieves and murderers (Luke 22:31-34) Self defense of life is Justifiable

There is quite a difference (that you can't seem to comprehend) between justice and the criminal element and the act of Murdering the innocent.

There shall NOT MURDER. Not even yourself. Its a sin................how can you repent of any sin if you are dead? :dunno:

FYI: Pets are not human.........they are not made in the Image of God (in a spiritual sense) with a soul that goes back to God the creator at death. The difference? The spirit of Man goes back to God, the spirit of an animal goes back to the earth from which it came, "Who knows the spirit of the sons of men, which goes upward, and the spirit of the animal, which goes down to the earth." -- Eccl 3:21. No animal can be guilty of murder or sin......because they do not have the capacity to understand THE LAW.........but Man's spirit goes back to God for Judgement, man can and does have the capacity for ciritical independent thought in reasoning between RIGHT AND WRONG.

Have you ever heard of the Law of the Excluded Middle? Or a Logical Fallacy? How about Circular Logic? :eusa_think:
How about you kissing my ass? I agree with NOTHING you just posted. Not. One. Damn. Thing. And your sanctimonious assholiness didn't help. So suck it.

Until you have walked down this road it is best to keep your opinions to yourself. Taking ones life has a profound impact on those left behind. No one living in this dimension has the right to pass judgment.

my elderly neighbors son committed suicide one christmass eave a few years ago. they were angelic so much so they could not face the struggles of life any longer and took his own life. that's all there was to it. he is simply missed when brought up in conversation.

* doubt he realized the timing mattered - could not have been any worse for the neighbor.

"golden rule" of the profit--eers
"jingles"
War-Relics-Forum.png
Yeah........that refutes the Holy Scriptures, that'll get'r done Larry. :abgg2q.jpg:

But there is another universal rule that most liberals and seculars have no problem in keeping. Its called the SILVER RULE..........as long as someone is looking at you, you're perfect law abiding citizen. But when someone drops a wallet and it goes un-observed, its FINDERS KEEPS. And it applicable to all life's endeavors. After all its not immoral if no knows its You.

How about you kissing my ass? I agree with NOTHING you just posted. Not. One. Damn. Thing. And your sanctimonious assholiness didn't help. So suck it.
Now, Now..........You know you its over when the personal ad hominem insults start flying. You have "nothing"......game over, final whistle. A good belly laugh is always good for the soul. ;) FYI: Because you disagree that makes you LIBERALLY RIGHT.....right...err, or is it left? :eusa_think:

Everyone has the right to make righteous judgements when that judgement is based upon TRUTH.

People rarely want their sins pointed out. That is understandable we want to think well of ourselves and to have others thing well of us. The common rebuke is to attack the messenger. (Prov. 15:32). Then they will throw out the inappropriate quoting of Matthew 7:1 "judge not........" or the other favorite, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...." (John 8:7)

In truth its, "Judge not according to appearances, but judge righteous judgements." (John 7:24)

Its a righteous judgement to declare, "Thou shalt not murder......." There is no excuse for murder and suicide is the murder of oneself, its a cowards way of providing a permanent solution to a temporary problem, not to mention the effect it has on the one's you leave behind grieving over this solution to life's problems.

Mental Hygiene has come a long way in the 21st century. We have nothing but the "nanny state" to blame. You can't help what others might think of.........only what you think of yourself.

Murder is a sin. Thou shall not Murder. If you are so disconnected with no cognition whatsoever for logical and reasonable thought.....then you have a personal problem that you should deal with. ;)

There could be an example where suicide is justified. Suppose you went out on the clock tower and guned down a couple dozen people. Then by all means........you might call it an execution and it would not matter one way or another after you have spilled innocent blood. You just saved the taxpayers money.

Last edited:
You cannot murder yourself.
As I stated.....discounted cognition to reason and logic. If you can't kill yourself, and anything outside of justifiable death is murder, then.......according to you suicide is impossible. Problem solved. :disbelief:

The Law of the Excluded Middle. Either a statement is true or its negation is true. Negation: a negative statement that is a refusal or denial of some other statement. Logic dictates that no statement can be true and false at the same instant.

If you commit suicide............you are dead, no denying that fact, you have "KILLED" yourself, if you are innocent of any crimes against humanity then in essence you have just murdered yourself. You state that you can't murder yourself. The question is why not? What reasonable and logical evidence can you provide in support of that statement? Evidence that contradicts the Law that is in effect in every civilized culture on earth. Thou Shall not Murder......., simply because its impossible to be punished for breaking a law does not exclude that law from being broken.

Bottom line: Suicide is immoral in its concept and in its act. Anyone that assists with suicide is guilty of a crime against humanity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back