Suggestion on how this board could raise more money

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
Institute a policy of transparncy regarding any action by the mods......and a way to appeal any decision made by them if it is construed to be unfair.

I am sure a lot of posters would contribute a few bucks for that to happen.

Institute a policy of transparncy regarding any action by the mods......and a way to appeal any decision made by them if it is construed to be unfair.

Well .. I would gladly donate if they kicked far more loony lefty butt... just for the entertainment factor :popcorn:

I would contribute, but considering the undeniable pattern of moderator actions against me, I worry that it would just end up funding an Islamic terrorist group.

There is a reason WHY moderation explanations are not posted in public, it is to protect the members of the forum and to avoid unnecessary arguments over decisions they would make out in the public arena.

I saw first hand the destruction of a forum about 12 years ago, when moderator decisions were allowed to be seen in public, that created two factions that degenerated into endless arguments over decision Mods make, eventually causing banning's that created a new level of arguments that drove a faction into creating a new separate forum then steal a bunch of members.

Eventually both forums died because the original lost too many members and the damages it suffered were impossible to recover from and the new forum was ineptly run by ....... he he the moderators the same people who generated the destruction of the first forum in the first place. :laugh:

Better to use the PM system to talk about your complaint or even better stay within the forum rules...... :)

If a member follows the policy of discussing mod actions via PM -- I have always provided -- actual mod notes whenever appropriate.. Even given the poster a dump of all their warnings. Or shown them the "thread notes" that record ALL MOD ACTIONS in a particular thread.. They are NOT "top secret" and if they sell an ANSWER to the problem or issue mods are free to use them..

We will however not give fuel to any particular vendettas against individual mods on staff and often edit or dont share the mod names attached to the action because that's out of context.

PROBLEM IS -- giving OPEN "real time" access to mod notes and actions is just impossible without making EVERY member a "moderator".. If message board S/Ware was a big enough biz -- I'd WRITE ONE that allows mod action "metadata" that all legal members could follow... But it isn't big enough...

I would contribute, but considering the undeniable pattern of moderator actions against me, I worry that it would just end up funding an Islamic terrorist group.

If you put a $ in the kitty for everytime you picked a fight with a mod -- we'd have a Silicon Valley like campus with a par course and a cafeteria in this place. Instead of living on survival rations and cheap whiskey..

If you put a $ in the kitty for everytime you picked a fight with a mod -- we'd have a Silicon Valley like campus with a par course and a cafeteria in this place. Instead of living on survival rations and cheap whiskey..
Are you referencing the three times I was given a week vacation for opposing the gang rape of children?

I'm on a sports board where all reasons for bannings are posted by the mods.

Seems to work pretty well.

To be honest, there's not a single place in a moderator's view of the board where we can SEE every member that's out on ban.. That's because about 80% of the bans are automatic and "programmed" on points and number of recent warnings and the SYSTEM just kicks them out when they reach a limit.

And more "leaks" from me about the trade secrets.. Only the other 20% are "discretionary" bans that mods assess on their judgements or "perms" that we all vote on -- and we vote on the perms... We do keep a "manual list" of those.

So mods can't go to a single place that lists EVERY member currently out on ban..

Are you referencing the three times I was given a week vacation for opposing the gang rape of children?

Yeah Dawg.. Especially when it was in threads about budget battles or immigration.. You want to do this IN PUBLIC or in PM?? :biggrin:

Yeah Dawg.. Especially when it was in threads about budget battles or immigration.. You want to do this IN PUBLIC or in PM?? :biggrin:
Budget battles and immigration?

So, please list all these mods of which you are accusing me of picking a fight in these particular subjects. I think it may be as much a surprise to them as it is to me.

To be honest, there's not a single place in a moderator's view of the board where we can SEE every member that's out on ban.. That's because about 80% of the bans are automatic and "programmed" on points and number of recent warnings and the SYSTEM just kicks them out when they reach a limit.

And more "leaks" from me about the trade secrets.. Only the other 20% are "discretionary" bans that mods assess on their judgements or "perms" that we all vote on -- and we vote on the perms... We do keep a "manual list" of those.

So mods can't go to a single place that lists EVERY member currently out on ban..

Well that is surprising since in FREE myBB software any FULL Moderator can see EVERY member on suspension or ban in a single section, regardless if the suspensions or bans are automatic or not.

Well that is surprising since in FREE myBB software any FULL Moderator can see EVERY member on suspension or ban in a single section, regardless if the suspensions or bans are automatic or not.

We could probably also by writing a script for it and creating a hyperlink. But it's not in the general release and there's no convenient place to put it. Depends on whether "subset of members" banned is a diff class than ALL banned members.

Last edited:
Instead of living on survival rations and cheap whiskey..
That was the veiled point in my post in this thread. On my occasional strolls through active member mini=profiles, I generally find very few entries of donations.

The donations DO come in.. And are greatly appreciated. Wouldn't be here if members didn't donate. I think you can see them on donation page. At least the ones that made donations online.

Ideas and suggestions also appreciated...

How big is the board? How many bans (temp or perm) are made each week? With just Asian/Russian Spammers -- we are up to a couple HUNDRED a week here.. Wouldn't have space for the member bans...

1618728711460.png

I didn't know the Asians and Russians liked Spam

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Forum List

Back