Suddenly the World Discovers Farmers Are Some of the Most Important People on Earth

Isn’t that great that Farmers were the only ones to come thru and kept the world fed!
What's great is the unending pretence US farmers feed the world. That's the best!
Not all of the world. Just most.
Most of our food comes from Europe and Africa. I have no doubt that US farmers grow the food that the US consumes but we are desperate to avoid chlorinated chicken and Frankenstein veg.
US grows all of our food using Dihydrogen monoxide too.
I have no idea what that is. Some globalist drug no doubt.
Careful Tommy, American farmers are coming to get ya

On April Fool’s Day in 2013, a pair of Florida disc jockeys got themselves into a bit of hot water with station management for prankishly warning their listeners that “dihydrogen monoxide” — another name for that life-giving substance we identify as H2O, or more commonly, “water” — was coming out of local residents’ taps:

Isn’t that great that Farmers were the only ones to come thru and kept the world fed!
What's great is the unending pretence US farmers feed the world. That's the best!
Most of our food comes from Europe and Africa. I have no doubt that US farmers grow the food that the US consumes but we are desperate to avoid chlorinated chicken and Frankenstein veg.

On April Fool’s Day in 2013, a pair of Florida disc jockeys got themselves into a bit of hot water with station management for prankishly warning their listeners that “dihydrogen monoxide” — another name for that life-giving substance we identify as H2O, or more commonly, “water” — was coming out of local residents’ taps:
They should have called it chlorine and see how many folk laughed.

I didnt laugh till I looked up dihydrogen monoxide on the internet to find out what it is

if I were you I’d plant a garden - organic of course - cause your ruddy old country is not self sufficient

I didnt laugh till I looked up dihydrogen monoxide on the internet to find out what it is

if I were you I’d plant a garden - organic of course - cause your ruddy old country is not self sufficient
I have always grown a few things thanks. Currently shallots, onion, potatoes, beans, peas, and tomatoes. Also having some success with chilies grown under glass. I can generally grow enough to make my own curries which is something I can bore people with down the pub.

Is that your secret to health and fitness?

It just shows how we reject things that we have no idea what it is and does but the words sound scary.

I have always grown a few things thanks. Currently shallots, onion, potatoes, beans, peas, and tomatoes. Also having some success with chilies grown under glass. I can generally grow enough to make my own curries which is something I can bore people with down the pub.
Good for you

It just shows how we reject things that we have no idea what it is and does but the words sound scary.
The euros and libs in America have been conditioned to fear things they know little about

you could tell them their favorite food was harvested by SUV’s and some of them would stop eating it

Believe me we don't want you relying on us for anything. Not for food, goods not as allies. Not for our best military in the world. IOW don't call us, we'll call you. Or really, we won't. Ever.

Lots of us feel that way now, Tommy. yeah the love for the Brits over here has really really cooled a lot.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Believe me we don't want you relying on us for anything. Not for food, goods not as allies. Not for our best military in the world. IOW don't call us, we'll call you. Or really, we won't. Ever.

Lots of us feel that way now, Tommy. yeah the love for the Brits over here has really really cooled a lot.
Really ? Every time you invade a small country to steal their oil you ask for our help. Didnt you know that ?

Is that your secret to health and fitness?

How do you cope with eating this shit ? US life expectancy lags the rest of the developed world. Maybe this is why ?

Of the major cereal and vegetable crops, the United States, China, India, and Russia frequently appear as top producers. It probably won't surprise readers that China is the leading worldwide producer of rice, but it's also the leading producer of wheat and the number two producer of corn, as well as the largest producer of many vegetables including onions and cabbage. In terms of total production, the United States is third in wheat and first in corn and soybeans.
Trump is such a good salesman he has China buying our rice.

China is the world's largest importer of rice, selling them rice is not really a big deal at all.

China is the world's largest importer of rice, selling them rice is not really a big deal at all.
This is from 2006, does it still apply?
The U.S. government supports domestic rice production through tariffs on imported rice and direct taxpayer subsidies based on production, prices, and historical acreage. Those programs make rice one of the most heavily supported commodities in the United States, with ramifications for U.S. taxpayers and consumers and rice producers abroad.

The U.S. government supports domestic rice production through tariffs on imported rice and direct taxpayer subsidies based on production, prices, and historical acreage. Those programs make rice one of the most heavily supported commodities in the United States, with ramifications for U.S. taxpayers and consumers and rice producers abroad.

Probably less so than in 2006, but we do heavily subsidize our Ag industry. The last couple of Farm Bill has removed some of the direct payments, but we still pay more than 20 billion dollars a year in subsidies to the Ag industry and that does not include the extra 20+ billion paid to them to offset the damage from the trade war. I read not long ago that the dairy industry gets 70% of its income from the different subsidies.

• Thanks
but we do heavily subsidize our Ag industry.
The wittering from US posters who apparently know nothing about agriculture brings a wry smile to my face. We have effectively no/extremely minimal subsidies or tariffs on ag and hort and our industry competes in world markets rife with both.

but we do heavily subsidize our Ag industry.
The wittering from US posters who apparently know nothing about agriculture brings a wry smile to my face. We have effectively no/extremely minimal subsidies or tariffs on ag and hort and our industry competes in world markets rife with both.

Seems you guys got better after they cut your farmers off cold turkey. There is a lesson there, but not one we will ever learn.

• Thanks

Ongoing support for growers and processors of sugar is an American tradition. It raises prices, restricts production and enriches growers, because free market capitalism!

• Thanks

Forum List

Back