Sudanese Slave Speech At Durbin Conference - A Must Read!

The speech and the speaker was one of many prominent people scheduled to appear below.

"The Perils of Global Intolerance: the United Nations and Durban III" was a conference that took place on 22 September 2011 to counter Durban III . The event was organized by Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel as well as Canadian human rights scholar Anne Bayefsky, and was sponsored by the Hudson Institute and Touro College. Bayefsky said that the original Durban Conference "legitimized hate speech on a global scale" and that the counter-summit would "serve as a call to action" and "deny legitimacy to prejudice and the Durban Declaration".

Speakers at the counter-conference, in addition to Wiesel and Bayefsky, included:

• Douglas Murray, best-selling British journalist
  • Dore Gold, former Israeli Ambassador to the UN
  • Ed Koch, former Mayor of New York City
  • Alan Dershowitz, Harvard law professor and liberal activist
  • Khaled Abu Toameh, award-winning Arab Israeli journalist
  • John Bolton, former United States Ambassador to the UN
  • Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas
  • Bernard Lewis, a leading scholar on Islam and professor at Princeton University
  • Jon Voight, academy-award winning actor
  • Wafa Sultan, psychiatrist included in Time magazine's named list of 100 most influential people in the world
  • Simon Deng, Sudanese human rights activist
  • Ron Lauder, president of the World Jewish Congress
  • Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy
  • Jason Kenney, Canadian Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism
Wiesel arranging Durban III counter-conference | JPost | Israel News

This event was held simultaneously with the Durban III conference and was in opposition to what many have determined was a fostering of racism rather than combating it.

"Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States all boycotted Durban III." For a variety of reasons most notably the 'unbalanced criticism of Israel and the airing of anti-Semitic views' would be avoided." This was confirmed by spokesperson for Prime Minister Julia Gillard." http://www.jewishjournal.com/world/...urban_iii_over_israel-bashing_fears_20110823/

Further, "the Obama administration confirmed that it would boycott the conference. Joseph E. Macmanus, acting U.S. assistant secretary of state for legislative affairs, saying the US would not participate because the Durban process "included ugly displays of intolerance and anti-Semitism."

U.S. Will Boycott Durban III - Politics & Gov't - News - Israel National News

Well Sherri, at least those Zionists should praise you for your protest against people killing people like you do whenever the Palestinians kill innocent Israeli's. Right Sherri?

He was an eyewitness to the systematic genocide of 4 million of his fellow South Sudanese. He was a slave himself. He knows what he is talking about and that is why he said, Why is the UN ignoring real genocide by Muslim arab racists and putting all their attention on attacking Israel and blaming them for things they are not responsible for? The UN is being used by the Muslims. He wants that to stop. So do I. I'd prefer we abandon the UN completely because it is totally corrupt.

PATHETIC is Zionists like you using suffering of people in Sudan to justify the killling of more babies in Palestine. HOW many dead Palestinian childen is enough to satisfy your blood lust? And he did not eyewitness the genocide of 4 million people either in his countrys civil war which ended in 2005, 2 million died in a civil war in the Sudan from 1973 to 2005.

The man who made the speech addressed in the OP left The Sudan and became a lifeguard at Coney Island. How surreal that is. Certainly noone qualified as an expert about anything happening in Israel and Palestine.
You should try and find the article from the archives of the L.A. Times called "The Lost Boys of Sudan." The article will give you a good idea of how these Sudanese suffered. It was a group of good Christian people who brought many of these boys here. We know that you would never belong to a group who had compassion for the Sudanese Christians because the Jews are not involved.

It has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine.

It has everything to do with Israel. Read his speech. - J.

Did you know the radical Islamic terrorists gave us Americans 911 because "the USA supports Israel", just like they attaked the Sudan because "the USA supports Israel."

Sudan - a remarkable address to the recent "Durban Conference" in New York

A REMARKABLE SPEECH. I HOPE IT WILL GO AROUND THE WORLD.

These are the words of Simon Deng, once a Sudanese slave. He is addressing the Durban Conference in NY, in 2011

"The UN has itself become a tool against Israel. For over 50 years, 82 percent of the UN General Assembly emergency meetings have been about condemning one state - Israel.

Is Israel a racist state? To my people, the people who know racism – the answer is absolutely not. Israel is a state of people who are the colors of the rainbow. Jews themselves come in all colors, even black. I met with Ethiopian Jews in Israel. Beautiful black Jews. So, yes … I came here today to tell you that the people who suffer most from the UN anti-Israel policy are not the Israelis but all those people who the UN ignores in order to tell its big lie against Israel: we, the victims of Arab/Muslim abuse: women, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, homosexuals, in the Arab/Muslim world."

Simon Deng, Former Sudanese Slave: Calling Israel a racist state is absurd and immoral.

Post edited for fair use, deletion of dead link and addition of valid link.

That's right, MJ!

You should try and find the article from the archives of the L.A. Times called "The Lost Boys of Sudan." The article will give you a good idea of how these Sudanese suffered. It was a group of good Christian people who brought many of these boys here. We know that you would never belong to a group who had compassion for the Sudanese Christians because the Jews are not involved.

It has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine.

It has everything to do with Israel. Read his speech. - J.

I did. It has nothing to do with Israel and Palestine.

How does a speech about Israel have *nothing* to do with Israel and Palestine? That makes no sense whatsoever: perhaps you'd care to explain your thoughts there?

Last edited:
CiF Watch is a Propaganda site, (and I know as I have had personal experience recently with the cite after I somehow responded to a comment and now get unwanted emails from them) and the link is not even the mans full speech and the propaganda site does not even provide a link for the full speech. So much for some great truth being exposed in this mans comments, it is notably not there. The Sudan has had a bloody civil war with people fighting over land and natural resources. Their struggles have been horrific, but the worst is in the past thankfully, and none of that takes away from anyones struggles or sufferings Iin Palestine.

There is no connection between getting 'unwanted emails' and a site being a propaganda site - the two have nothing to do with one another.

Please provide the support for your assertion that Mr Deng's speech has somehow been misrepresented.

Incidentally, I've heard Mr Deng speak and met him briefly.

I cannot fathom why anyone would imagine that the suffering and misery in Sudan "takes away from" any suffering elsewhere in the world. It's not as though there is a finite amount of misery, after all! (Would that there were!)

Last edited:
I'm curious to know if sherrimunnerlyn thinks Mr. Deng is a 'person of conscience'?

How does a speech about Israel have *nothing* to do with Israel and Palestine? That makes no sense whatsoever: perhaps you'd care to explain your thoughts there?

The man, presently a lifeguard at Coney Island, lived in Sudan, his experiences there have nothing to do with Israel and Palestine.

CiF Watch is a Propaganda site, (and I know as I have had personal experience recently with the cite after I somehow responded to a comment and now get unwanted emails from them) and the link is not even the mans full speech and the propaganda site does not even provide a link for the full speech. So much for some great truth being exposed in this mans comments, it is notably not there. The Sudan has had a bloody civil war with people fighting over land and natural resources. Their struggles have been horrific, but the worst is in the past thankfully, and none of that takes away from anyones struggles or sufferings Iin Palestine.

There is no connection between getting 'unwanted emails' and a site being a propaganda site - the two have nothing to do with one another.

Please provide the support for your assertion that Mr Deng's speech has somehow been misrepresented.

I cannot fathom why anyone would imagine that the suffering and misery in Sudan "takes away from" any suffering elsewhere in the world. It's not as though there is a finite amount of misery, after all! (Would that there were!)

The mans opinions simply are a mans opinions comparing two conflicts to one another. I dont get anything out of it but that.The Occupation of Palestine remains as a stain on Humanity and like Apartheid in South Africa, people of conscience are joining together all over our world to oppose it.

The man, presently a lifeguard at Coney Island, lived in Sudan, his experiences there have nothing to do with Israel and Palestine.

I think it is demeaning to Mr. Deng to seem unable to recall his simple name..... even Wiki knows it.

Simon Deng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His experiences are those of an actual 'Occupation' and true apartheid, and he's been a Hell (literally!) of a lot closer to such terrible situations than you or I.

And that's one reason why I think Simon Deng's opinions on the two topics are worth considering, since he has had direct experience of the full meaning of 'occupation' and 'apartheid' .

I think it is demeaning to Mr. Deng to seem unable to recall his simple name..... even Wiki knows it.

His experiences are those of an actual 'Occupation' and true apartheid, and he's been a Hell (literally!) of a lot closer to such terrible situations than you or I.

And that's one reason why I think Simon Deng's opinions on the two topics are worth considering, since he has had direct experience of the full meaning of 'occupation' and 'apartheid' .

Hes the only one I ever heard call the Civil War in Sudan Occupation and Apartheid. And I believe it is neither.

The mans opinions simply are a mans opinions comparing two conflicts to one another. I dont get anything out of it but that.The Occupation of Palestine remains as a stain on Humanity and like Apartheid in South Africa, people of conscience are joining together all over our world to oppose it.
It's strange how these "good people of conscience" never concern themselves with the atrocities that are committed all the time by Frau Sherri's friends. Meanwhile, of course, we have read about a former official from South Africa who said he is appalled that people are saying the there is apartheid in Israel, we have read about former Black people who had escaped into Israel saying that there is no apartheid in Israel, and now here is a Muslim woman saying there is no apartheid in Israel. Of course, those "good people of conscience" mentioned by Frau Sherri's friends wouldn't even involve themselves with any boycott if the Jews were not involved. I wonder what these "good people of conscience" are doing to help the Black Muslim women living in tents in refugee camps in Chad. Have these "good people of conscience" had anything to say about the Arab Muslims who were responsible for 300,000 Black Muslims of Darfur to perish and many survivors being used as slaves.

Israel is no apartheid state, insists Muslim author - Israel Today | Israel News

Ah, yes: you've previously posted that whoever does not share that view(bolded) is not a 'person of conscience'..... Mr. Deng obviously does not share your view. Hence my query about his being a 'person of conscience'.

I should think that any 'person of conscience' would recognize EVERY human rights advocate as a fellow PoC: I'm quite shocked that Mr. Deng's actions to raise awareness of human rights violations in Sudan do not appear to merit such recognition from you.

Here is a link to an address he gave to the world union of humanist organizations: this is not a 'propaganda site' Simon Deng, Former Sudanese Slave, Human Rights Activist | International Humanist and Ethical Union

Here is one of the 'connections' you seem to have missed: "the UN Commission on Human Rights, a body whose purpose is to uphold the rights and dignity of all people, and yet it has among its members some of the most inhumane regimes on earth, among them the genocidal slave jihadists of Khartoum."

If one reads Mr. Deng's account of his early life, it is obvious the bolded description of the Sudanese Government is hardly a rhetorical device: it's an accurate description. The 'militia' which attacked Mr. Deng's village was affiliated with the regime in Khartoum, acting with its knowledge and approval.

And the reliability and accuracy of UNCHR "findings" should become apparent on that issue alone.

It's strange how these "good people of conscience" never concern themselves with the atrocities that are committed all the time by Frau Sherri's friends. Meanwhile, of course, we have read about a former official from South Africa who said he is appalled that people are saying the there is apartheid in Israel, we have read about former Black people who had escaped into Israel saying that there is no apartheid in Israel, and now here is a Muslim woman saying there is no apartheid in Israel. Of course, those "good people of conscience" mentioned by Frau Sherri's friends wouldn't even involve themselves with any boycott if the Jews were not involved. I wonder what these "good people of conscience" are doing to help the Black Muslim women living in tents in refugee camps in Chad. Have these "good people of conscience" had anything to say about the Arab Muslims who were responsible for 300,000 Black Muslims of Darfur to perish and many survivors being used as slaves.

Israel is no apartheid state, insists Muslim author - Israel Today | Israel News

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply get little out of a lifeguards opinions that minimize the human rights abuses carried out by Israel in her Occupation of Palestine.

What a crock this un-informed dingbat do-gooder is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hes the only one I ever heard call the Civil War in Sudan Occupation and Apartheid. And I believe it is neither.

It's actually worse than that. A lot worse. What's gone on in Darfur has been nothing short of genocide. Calling it a 'civil war' is very inaccurate.

Forum List

Back