Succulent Fountain Planter Ideas

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I kept some plants alive and now I am somebody. :) I saw this first link lurking at another site. These are beautiful. Somebody pointed out that the fountain planters would require more work than was acknowledged.

Lovely subject . One of my "hobbies" .

But most of the posters are too old and decrepit to do much more than get to the bathroom in time .
The others are so neurologically impaired that no amount of natural therapy can reverse their imminent collapse .

But my vote for your topic is a star for a Winner and another for Bravery .

What work???? They are succulents/catcus and seem to thrive with abuse and neglect.......or atleast mine do. The less I do for and to them, the more they like it. Works for me.

Now if you're talking Boston or other type of fern, that's a different story altogether. I can't keep them alive no matter what I do

What work???? They are succulents/catcus and seem to thrive with abuse and neglect.......or atleast mine do. The less I do for and to them, the more they like it. Works for me.

Now if you're talking Boston or other type of fern, that's a different story altogether. I can't keep them alive no matter what I do
Something about having to change the soil out every couple of years. I didn't understand it because I don't know much about it.

That's awesome and makes it more doable.

Just in case, I will say that I have pothos, aloe vera, Thanksgiving/Christmas cactus, lemon, orchid and spider plants. I water them about once every 4 to 6 weeks......or whenever I remember. And when the weather warms, I put them outside in a shady spot (not direct sun) and in the fall when temps get cool I bring them inside. They are not show pieces by any means, but they are alive and well.......except the fern I'm going to have to toss out

Would they survive in idaho or do they die in cold weather
None that they show would survive if left outdoors in Idaho. The echeverias are mostly hardy down to maybe the mid twenties depending on cultivar, but not much lower.

If you wanted to do one for outside, there are various sedums, sempervivums, delosperma and some cactus like various opuntia and echinocereus that are quite hardy.

Forum List

Back