Suboxone against heroin

That's a nice push but if the US doesn't fully embrace the harm reduction method in it's entirety then it's a losing battle.

That's a nice push but if the US doesn't fully embrace the harm reduction method in it's entirety then it's a losing battle.
Heroin should be pure, cheap and legal.

Like all drugs.

If you OD, the state should give you a decent burial/cremation.

That would take crime and profit out of it.

If you can't handle your dope, and OD, you weren't much use to us anyway.

Like all drugs.

I am all for decriminalization of smaller amounts. But, larger amounts and crossing state lines? Prison.

It is way past time for the US to move towards harm reduction.

Like all drugs.

I am all for decriminalization of smaller amounts. But, larger amounts and crossing state lines? Prison.

What of one who handles his heroin and likes to vacation?

Like all drugs.

Fuck him.

Like all drugs.

Fuck him.
You would have confined Keith Richards????

The show must go on.

Seriously though, in my long experience with druggies, most fatal OD's occur because they never know exactly what they are injecting.

Clean heroin, in measured doses, would stop most ODs.

I am against drugs with the potential for death, but, we can't stop it, and removing profit and crime would, in my opinion, be "harm reduction".

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 4,102 people died as an unintended consequence of heroin overdoses in 2011 (the most recent year for which data are available), compared to 2,789 deaths in 2010—a 47 percent increase in a single year. Heroin overdose deaths had risen somewhat over most of the preceding years (except for 2009-2010, when they actually declined), but the general upward trend had been more gradual, so these numbers come as a wake-up call.
Nora s Blog What Can We Do About the Heroin Overdose Epidemic National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA

See, it isn't necessary to shoot it anymore. Hasn't been for ten years. So, kids start out snorting it and then move on to shooting it.

Legalization of marijuana did not remove the black market or the additional crime that goes with it. That was about someone wanting a piece of the pie.

Harm reduction method does impact the harm to society. Needle exchange programs work. Even areas where they have prescribed heroin for people that cannot manage to kick it has shown progress.

According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 4,102 people died as an unintended consequence of heroin overdoses in 2011 (the most recent year for which data are available), compared to 2,789 deaths in 2010—a 47 percent increase in a single year. Heroin overdose deaths had risen somewhat over most of the preceding years (except for 2009-2010, when they actually declined), but the general upward trend had been more gradual, so these numbers come as a wake-up call.
Nora s Blog What Can We Do About the Heroin Overdose Epidemic National Institute on Drug Abuse NIDA

See, it isn't necessary to shoot it anymore. Hasn't been for ten years. So, kids start out snorting it and then move on to shooting it.

Legalization of marijuana did not remove the black market or the additional crime that goes with it. That was about someone wanting a piece of the pie.

Harm reduction method does impact the harm to society. Needle exchange programs work. Even areas where they have prescribed heroin for people that cannot manage to kick it has shown progress.
When weed is legal everywhere, it will be different.

No, it won't. You have merely exchanged dealers. The dealers in the underground market in Colorado are selling to the locals. They will never be allowed to acquire licenses. Ever.

No, it won't. You have merely exchanged dealers. The dealers in the underground market in Colorado are selling to the locals. They will never be allowed to acquire licenses. Ever.

It will be a grow your own situation soon.

If you don't change the law at the federal level then whatever strides that you think you make can be destroyed in an election.

Like all drugs.

Liked your post, thanks. I agree with all of your statements except one. Why should it be legal? High addiction and health damage is exactly what you need? Or your children or grandchildren?

Like all drugs.

Liked your post, thanks. I agree with all of your statements except one. Why should it be legal? High addiction and health damage is exactly what you need? Or your children or grandchildren?
I think making it legal would take the profit out of it, thereby breaking the cartels, ending a lot of the crime and violence secondary to the actual drug offense, like robbing to get dope, etc.

I think making it legal would take the profit out of it, thereby breaking the cartels, ending a lot of the crime and violence secondary to the actual drug offense, like robbing to get dope, etc.
Hmm, I got it, but it's not drug like marijuana that helps people to defeat cancer, this opiate shit is really hard for the body and it's hard to get off from! It's a hard question, I don't feel I want heroin to be legal :badgrin:

Hmm, I got it, but it's not drug like marijuana that helps people to defeat cancer, this opiate shit is really hard for the body and it's hard to get off from! It's a hard question, I don't feel I want heroin to be legal :badgrin:
Well, what we are doing is not working, that is for sure.

More people die from addicts stealing for dope, than addicts that actually OD.

Minnesota Senator Chris Iton plans to reform heroin treatment. Methadone will be replaced by Suboxone, which is also a synthetic opiate. The only difference - an addict won't feel high but will feel just okay. So fighting fire with fire will never end.

Minnesota State Senator Chris Eaton To Push Legislation To Reform Heroin Treatment

Suboxone seems like a good treatment.

The drug Suboxone could combat the heroin epidemic. So why is it so hard to get - The Washington Post

Forum List

Back