Sturgis... Finally!

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
We had a few hiccups on the way up from Florida which prolonged our trip a bit, but we finally made it here on Thursday.

296156557_470916464489003_386728056947990466_n.jpg

Thursday evening, before even a drop of alcohol was consumed, I dropped a bottle of Sapphire gin on my foot, breaking a toe. Well, it may not be broken, but it sure looks like it. It doesn't impair shifting, though.

Later Thursday evening I tripped on an extension cord and rammed my knee into the ground, so it's all nice and bruised and painful, which is nice.

Oh, and then last night I got hit by some bug which gave me uncontrollable shivers. I was freezing. We turned the heat up in the camper and I woke up this morning feeling a hundred percent better.

During the day yesterday we went over to Black Hills Harley Davidson, which is a major hub of activity. I'm only getting to work on photos this evening, but here's a teaser:

bh02.jpg
Tomorrow we head into Sturgis to partake in the madness!

Watch out for Pantifa.... they've threatened to show up at Sturgis with their monkeypox and cause mayhem. If you run over a few of them..... who would ever know?

Awesome!
I like the thump of a Big V Twin

Last edited:
Pics. LOTS of pics! We wanna see!

Those may have to wait until I get back to Florida. My laptop is tragically slow and, coupled with the slow internet of both the camper and the campground, well posting photos is an exercise in extreme patience...

Been to Sturgis 3 times. First couple of times, it was fun and exciting to see all the bikes and partake in some of the madness, but my third trip was enough. Didn't like the fact that there were a lot of rookie riders there who seemed to be learning to ride their Hogs for the first time there. I think I saw an average of 5 bikes per day dropped everytime I visited there.

But, the concerts were good, there were LOTS of interesting and exotic bikes (saw one once that looked like it was made entirely out of rough hewn logs once), as well as interesting people walking up and down the streets. But, after the 3rd time, I figured that was enough, because I didn't like trying to ride around the novice riders, and the crowds usually got to me after the 4th day (I always stayed the full week).

We had a few hiccups on the way up from Florida which prolonged our trip a bit, but we finally made it here on Thursday.

View attachment 679150

Thursday evening, before even a drop of alcohol was consumed, I dropped a bottle of Sapphire gin on my foot, breaking a toe. Well, it may not be broken, but it sure looks like it. It doesn't impair shifting, though.

Later Thursday evening I tripped on an extension cord and rammed my knee into the ground, so it's all nice and bruised and painful, which is nice.

Oh, and then last night I got hit by some bug which gave me uncontrollable shivers. I was freezing. We turned the heat up in the camper and I woke up this morning feeling a hundred percent better.

During the day yesterday we went over to Black Hills Harley Davidson, which is a major hub of activity. I'm only getting to work on photos this evening, but here's a teaser:

View attachment 679149Tomorrow we head into Sturgis to partake in the madness!
I remember two years ago when it was a super spreader event.

Forum List

Back