'Stupid' Dilbert creator killed his career because of a highly flawed right-wing poll: analysis

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, the creator of Dilbert--pulls a Dilbert! LOL! Everyone knows to not trust a Rasmussen poll..don't they?

Scott Adams, the creator of the "Dilbert" cartoon strip which has been yanked from newspapers across the country due to his racist comments, has only himself to blame for his troubles because he relied on a highly dubious poll when he attacked Black Americans.
That is the opinion of Slate analyst Aymann Ismel who pointed out the Rasmussen poll that the controversial cartoonist used in his diatribe can, at best, be viewed as an attempt to troll non-conservatives. Instead it appears to have ended Adams' career.
Adams quickly lost his syndication deal and watched as newspapers lined up to pull his strip after posting a video where he claimed, "If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, that’s a hate group,” before advising his fans to “get the hell away from Black people.”
According to Ismel, "I cannot overemphasize how dumb it is that Scott finally filleted his reputation in full over a trolly Rasmussen poll. If you’re not familiar, Rasmussen is a right-leaning pollster that produces semi-mainstream polls but is noted for its murky methods and what the New York Times has called 'dubious sampling and weighting techniques.'"
He then added that Rasmussen has been coy about their methodology when it came to that poll.
"Rasmussen said 13 percent of poll respondents were Black, so about 130 people. If we take the results entirely at face value—which I’d discourage—that means it found about 34 Black people who answered 'disagree' or 'strongly disagree' with the statement 'It’s OK to be white.' We have no more information about why. (Adams got to his figure by also including Black respondents who answered 'not sure.')"

According to the analyst, "Rasmussen apparently assumed its audience would be too stupid to know any of that, and in the case of Scott Adams, it was clearly right.

So, the creator of Dilbert--pulls a Dilbert! LOL! Everyone knows to not trust a Rasmussen poll..don't they?

Scott Adams, the creator of the "Dilbert" cartoon strip which has been yanked from newspapers across the country due to his racist comments, has only himself to blame for his troubles because he relied on a highly dubious poll when he attacked Black Americans.
That is the opinion of Slate analyst Aymann Ismel who pointed out the Rasmussen poll that the controversial cartoonist used in his diatribe can, at best, be viewed as an attempt to troll non-conservatives. Instead it appears to have ended Adams' career.
Adams quickly lost his syndication deal and watched as newspapers lined up to pull his strip after posting a video where he claimed, "If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, that’s a hate group,” before advising his fans to “get the hell away from Black people.”
According to Ismel, "I cannot overemphasize how dumb it is that Scott finally filleted his reputation in full over a trolly Rasmussen poll. If you’re not familiar, Rasmussen is a right-leaning pollster that produces semi-mainstream polls but is noted for its murky methods and what the New York Times has called 'dubious sampling and weighting techniques.'"
He then added that Rasmussen has been coy about their methodology when it came to that poll.
"Rasmussen said 13 percent of poll respondents were Black, so about 130 people. If we take the results entirely at face value—which I’d discourage—that means it found about 34 Black people who answered 'disagree' or 'strongly disagree' with the statement 'It’s OK to be white.' We have no more information about why. (Adams got to his figure by also including Black respondents who answered 'not sure.')"

According to the analyst, "Rasmussen apparently assumed its audience would be too stupid to know any of that, and in the case of Scott Adams, it was clearly right.
Who cares? He is a grown man with a net worth, north of 75 Million Dollar$. That is go to hell money in anybody's book. Also, I doubt we have seen the last of Scott or Dilbert. He's the darling cartoonist of the right, now.

Last edited:
You hate filled fascist predators, you never ever get it, when confronted by information or data you hate, you merely default to mocking the sourcing, as you dumb fuckers and your hate filled Microsoft fascist site just did with Rasmussen poll data! I would explain how ludicrous your(stolen from the idiot at Microsoft)logic is and why, but there is no point, you are entirely enslaved to the one brain cell you have bouncing about inside your skull!

Oh, as for the stupid Mr Adams, here you go deviant, and that networth is not $75-million in the singular sense moron, its what he has earned per year, I don't think he cares one whit about your one brain cell sponsored hate fest! :auiqs.jpg:

Who cares? He is a grown man with a net worth, north of 75 Million Dollar$. That is got to hell money in anybody's book. Also, I doubt we have seen the last of Scott or Dilbert. He's the darling cartoonist of the right, now.
Odd..that one could become the 'darling' of the Right..by being overtly racist.

...Or is it?

You hate filled fascist predators, you never ever get it, when confronted by information or data you hate, you merely default to mocking the sourcing, as you dumb fuckers and your hate filled Microsoft fascist site just did with Rasmussen poll data! I would explain how ludicrous your(stolen from the idiot at Microsoft)logic is and why, but there is no point, you are entirely enslaved to the one brain cell you have bouncing about inside your skull!

Oh, as for the stupid Mr Adams, here you go deviant, and that networth is not $75-million in the singular moron, its what he has earned per year, I don't think he cares one whit about your one brain celled sponsored hate fest! :auiqs.jpg:

"Rasmussen said 13 percent of poll respondents were Black, so about 130 people. If we take the results entirely at face value—which I’d discourage—that means it found about 34 Black people who answered 'disagree' or 'strongly disagree' with the statement 'It’s OK to be white.'
Uh-huh..we get it..you like you some racists..we all know this...no need to blather on and on~

I guess he has no choice but to double down on his comments and hope the fringe Right support him.

So, you think the lesson is, if you're white, never reveal how you really feel?

I've been living his suggestion all my life. I stay out of trouble by avoiding trouble. They bring trouble

So, you think the lesson is, if you're white, never reveal how you really feel?

I've been living his suggestion all my life. I stay out of trouble by avoiding trouble. They bring trouble
Dunno...I'm white, and have never been shy about expressing how, "I really feel".
I also can't really think of any one incident where being around Blacks has led to trouble because of their ..errr...blackness~

OTOH...I avoid rednecks and loud irritating people of all colors..because they bring trouble.

• Fact
Reactions: cnm

"If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, that’s a hate group,”
Point out the error in his logic. And the racism.

Rasmussen said 13 percent of poll respondents were Black, so about 130 people. If we take the results entirely at face value—which I’d discourage—that means it found about 34 Black people who answered 'disagree' or 'strongly disagree' with the statement 'It’s OK to be white.'

47% of 130 is about 61.

"If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with white people—according to this poll, not according to me, that’s a hate group,”
Point out the error in his logic. And the racism.

Rasmussen said 13 percent of poll respondents were Black, so about 130 people. If we take the results entirely at face value—which I’d discourage—that means it found about 34 Black people who answered 'disagree' or 'strongly disagree' with the statement 'It’s OK to be white.'

47% of 130 is about 61.
Adams counted both those who answered strongly YES..and those who answered 'Not Sure...to get his figure~

Why can't everyone think exactly same as all Progressives?

Adams counted both those who answered strongly YES..and those who answered 'Not Sure...to get his figure~

Those who answered strongly no.......and not sure.

Imagine 21% of white people saying they weren't sure if it's ok to be black.

You'd count them in the dangerous column, right?

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back