Study: White Americans Believe They Experience More Racism Than African Americans

Do you believe whites suffer more racism than blacks in America

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Pie

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Study Finds White Americans Believe They Experience More Racism Than African Americans : Political Blind Spot

There’s a saying that “the new racism is to deny that racism exists.” If that is the case, it may explain a study conducted by researchers from Tufts University’s School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School. Their findings claim that self-described white Americans believe they have “replaced blacks” as the primary victims of racial discrimination in contemporary America.

The authors say that their study highlights how the expectations of a “post-racial” society, predicted or imagined in the wake of Barack Obama’s presidency, has far from been achieved.

The study finds that while both Caucasian and African Americans agree that anti-black racism has decreased over the last 60 years, whites believe that anti-white racism has increased. Moreover, the study finds that the majority of Caucasians believe that anti-white racism is a “bigger problem” than what African Americans face.

Off to create a poll.

Study Finds White Americans Believe They Experience More Racism Than African Americans : Political Blind Spot

There’s a saying that “the new racism is to deny that racism exists.” If that is the case, it may explain a study conducted by researchers from Tufts University’s School of Arts and Sciences and Harvard Business School. Their findings claim that self-described white Americans believe they have “replaced blacks” as the primary victims of racial discrimination in contemporary America.

The authors say that their study highlights how the expectations of a “post-racial” society, predicted or imagined in the wake of Barack Obama’s presidency, has far from been achieved.

The study finds that while both Caucasian and African Americans agree that anti-black racism has decreased over the last 60 years, whites believe that anti-white racism has increased. Moreover, the study finds that the majority of Caucasians believe that anti-white racism is a “bigger problem” than what African Americans face.

Off to create a poll.

I ALWAYS vote for pie.

Now where is the promised pie????

And no, I don't think it is racism whites are experiencing, what is being experienced is that white straight males with jobs are the last group of people left as "the bad guys" after everyone else has been slotted into thier little "victim" groups.

• Banned

Off to create a poll.

I ALWAYS vote for pie.

And no, I don't think it is racism whites are experiencing, what is being experienced is that white straight males with jobs are the last group of people left as "the bad guys" after everyone else has been slotted into thier little "victim" groups.

/snort

Dude, you can't vote for pie, expect pie, and not ORDER pie. It just doesn't work that way.

I ALWAYS vote for pie.

/snort

Dude, you can't vote for pie, expect pie, and not ORDER pie. It just doesn't work that way.

Still not seeing any pie.

• Banned
I ALWAYS vote for pie.

/snort

Still not seeing you saying what kind you want. :eusa_whistle:

/snort

Still not seeing you saying what kind you want. :eusa_whistle:

Always a fan of Cherry Pie.

And to expand on the question, what whites are seeing is not racism, it is simply preferential treatment of others due to thier victim classification, usually by the government or condoned by the government to "right previous wrongs"

Whatever the actual occurrences of "racism" are, and however you would measure them, there can be no doubt that whites are not allowed to express negative views toward blacks, whereas blacks are positively encouraged to express negative views toward whites.

Off to create a poll.

More black people think that blacks are more racist than whites than the other way around. More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics - Rasmussen Reports?

Sounds like most people have no clue what racism is. The suffix ism is latin for system. Somebody name me 1 time in US history where a system was set up based on the belief that another "race" was superior to the white "race".

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that are based in views that see the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently.

Sounds like most people have no clue what racism is. The suffix ism is latin for system. Somebody name me 1 time in US history where a system was set up based on the belief that another "race" was superior to the white "race".

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that are based in views that see the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently.

Most people don't know what racism is. But you and I both know what they mean.

Most people don't know what racism is. But you and I both know what they mean.

No actually I don't. I try my best not to assume I know anything when it comes to what people think. If they mean bigotry or other ethnicities are racist then they should say that. I can only guess they are deluded or do not know what the word racism means? That's why I said "sounds like" instead of "they are".

You know, if you had asked me 20 years ago what racism was, I would have said it was when a person disliked another person simply because of their race. I would have defined institutional racism as a government or institution who systematically denies someone equality because of their race, such as when Wallace stood in the doorway to block access to a university.

Now, I am a racist because I don't like Barry's policies. I'm a racist because I support personal responsibility and do not believe it is inherent upon society to fund abortions at will, birth control for those who won't pay for it, or unending welfare or unemployment compensation. I am a racist because I believe that the war on poverty was an absolute and unqualified failure. I am a racist because I believe that radical Islamist Jihadis are responsible for a very large majority of terrorism in the world and our policies should reflect that. I am a racist because I believe that 72% of African-American babies being born out of wedlock borders on the criminal.

The left attempts to use the word 'racist' like a gun. The same thing that they are trying to do with homophobe, sexist, and a host of other words. In this attempt they have taken away the true meaning of the word and changed its meaning to: One that does not agree with the policies of the left.

When the left cries RACIST, I usually have to suppress a yawn.

Find our white skins don't make us specialize always comes with some effect to us whites.

The good ones, and that is most of us, get over it, understand it, and move on to make America Constutionally worthy for all Americans.

Since 2008 white hetro males experience more racism,bigotry and hate than any other group.

Since 2008 white hetro males experience more racism,bigotry and hate than any other group.

I thought the victim role was a copout? There is no system set up to disadvantage whites in favor of another ethnicity. If there is one in the history of the US please point it out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back