Study Proves Liberals Are Smarter Than Conservatives

Twalbert

Jul 19, 2011
The next time I refer to conservatives as knuckle-dragging Neanderthals, I can do so with the full backing of solid science behind the statement.

According to a study in Psychology Today, the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to be a liberal. Conversely, the less intelligent you are, the more likely you are to be a conservative.

Source: Study Proves Liberals Are Smarter Than Conservatives | Benzinga

What's really amazing is how little science is actually involved in said study.

If you have to manufacture a study to claim you are more intelligent than someone else, than you probably aren't very intelligent to begin with. See intelligent people can rely on the merits of their own arguments.

I missed the part where those who are more willing to share somebody else's money are more intelligent than those who are more willing to share their own. Look at the bold part, I think the writer made a serious misjudgement. Conservatives have always been willing to contribute larger portions of private wealth for the welfare of other, moreso than liberals are. But to assume that because they want to control where their money goes means their less intelligent is laughable. I wouldn't trust the gov't not to waste most of it or give it to their political allies instead of who really needs it the most, seems pretty smart to me.

snippet:

It is difficult to define a whole school of political ideology precisely, but one may reasonably define liberalism (as opposed to conservatism) in the contemporary United States as the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others. In the modern political and economic context, this willingness usually translates into paying higher proportions of individual incomes in taxes toward the government and its social welfare programs. Liberals usually support such social welfare programs and higher taxes to finance them, and conservatives usually oppose them.

Last edited:
The next time I refer to conservatives as knuckle-dragging Neanderthals, I can do so with the full backing of solid science behind the statement.

According to a study in Psychology Today, the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to be a liberal. Conversely, the less intelligent you are, the more likely you are to be a conservative.

So....you must be a conservative, huh?

'Cause the dolt you are using as your source has been identified as:

"How did I miss this moron? Satoshi Kanazawa, a Tokyo born academic at the London School of Economics, inexplicably earned his PhD at the University of Arizona. Now, he spends his time publishing papers on why Africans are a) ugly and b) stupid. Recently, Psychology Today’s editors slept on the job and even gave him a forum with which to spread his idiotic, racist research, which is of a statistical quality one might expect more of college freshman than PhD’s at a respectable institution. "
Satoshi Kanazawa: professional idiot, full time racist « Freewheel Burning

'Cause, as you and deanie have explained, conservatives are soooooo stoooopid....

...and liberals would know better than to use Satoshi Kanazawa as their mentor, their guru....

Good work!

Troll...it's what's for dinner.

trollfordinner-1.jpg

If liberals are so smart, how come so few of them know that studies do not 'prove' anything. Legitimate researchers do not claim that their research 'proves' anything... they say it 'suggests'.

Fucking idiot.

And.... if Liberals are so smart, how come they keep repeating bullshit that's from 2010, has already been roundly dismissed as bullshit - even by liberals?

Date of the 'blog' that this fascinating "study" is from... March 2010.

You'd think that liberals would have better memories... with them being so smart and all. :lol:

Careful now.
Remember Ted Bundy was very smart.
And the students who shot up Columbine excelled academically.

Intelligence is a great advantage,
but it can also serve as a powerful obstacle or weapon
when used with the wrong intent to destroy and attack
instead of to create and build.

you must be a conservative to believe this crap :lol:

The author of your study was fired for racism in 2011.
This you consider a credible source?

You're an idiot.

Let me guess. Liberals wrote it.

Another study by this study's author -

Explored why black women had been rated less attractive than those of other races in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and hypothesized that the rater's preference for physical markers of estrogen levels, which he asserted were lower in blacks, was the culprit

I'd love to read the IM's between you and 6% Deany over this

Careful now.
Remember Ted Bundy was very smart.
And the students who shot up Columbine excelled academically.

Intelligence is a great advantage,
but it can also serve as a powerful obstacle or weapon
when used with the wrong intent to destroy and attack
instead of to create and build.

It didn't take intelligence to do those things. Even a smart person understands that.

Let me guess. Liberals wrote it.

It wasn't even an academic study. Which leads to the question... why do liberals hate science?

Forum List

Back