Study: Murder Rates Higher in States With Restrictive Concealed Carry Laws

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
A new study shows that murder rates are higher in states where there are more restrictive laws on carrying a concealed weapon.
The study also found that during the time of the federal assault weapons ban, 1980-2009, there was no significant change in murder rates at the state level.

Study: Murder Rates Higher in States With Restrictive Concealed Carry LawsNew Gun Control Study: Murder Rates Higher in States With Restrictive Concealed Carry Laws | Fox News Insider

Criminals are so confident when they are in gun-free zones or roaming the streets when they know that they are the only ones packing. Must make it so much easier for them to mug, rape or murder. I can't believe that liberals feel better calling police when faced with danger. Of course, none of them saying that ever faced a murderer on the street. If they had, they wouldn't be here bitching about how other people chose to protect themselves. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. A liberal would rather be killed or have their daughter raped than to defend themselves against attackers. I find it hard to wrap my head around that way of thinking, yet I see comments by liberals claiming that calling the police (if they have time) is the best way to go.

Last edited:
I've actually always wondered about the benefits of concealed carry. I don't ever take my guns anywhere but I imagine that it would be more beneficial to have my gun plainly visible because it's a preventative measure. If it's concealed it's almost like the carrier is hoping for a chance at a surprise attack on a criminal -- and that means more bullets flying around causing damage :dunno:

Just more proof of the left having their heads up their ass. Criminals don't care about laws but they do care if they are putting thimselves at greater risk of an armed victim.

I've actually always wondered about the benefits of concealed carry. I don't ever take my guns anywhere but I imagine that it would be more beneficial to have my gun plainly visible because it's a preventative measure. If it's concealed it's almost like the carrier is hoping for a chance at a surprise attack on a criminal -- and that means more bullets flying around causing damage :dunno:

Not really, the left has conditioned the public over the last 30 years to freak out at the sight of a gun. In states with will issue concealed permits the crooks are just slightly more hesitant to act because more people have permits. Here in TX anyone can have a concealed weapon in their car without a permit, if they are legal gun owners, makes the bad guy pause a bit more.

Not really, the left has conditioned the public over the last 30 years to freak out at the sight of a gun. In states with will issue concealed permits the crooks are just slightly more hesitant to act because more people have permits. Here in TX anyone can have a concealed weapon in their car without a permit, if they are legal gun owners, makes the bad guy pause a bit more.

I understand the reasoning for concealed carry but I can't help but think that a person with a plainly visible firearm is FAR better off.

I gues it could be taboo? But why give a damn about that?

I understand the reasoning for concealed carry but I can't help but think that a person with a plainly visible firearm is FAR better off.

I gues it could be taboo? But why give a damn about that?

Think about it, the crook knowing you're armed could put you at a disadvantage, if they see your weapon what would stop them form coming up from behind and just shooting you to take it. I carry concealed and I like it that way, keep the bad guy guessing.

Think about it, the crook knowing you're armed could put you at a disadvantage, if they see your weapon what would stop them form coming up from behind and just shooting you to take it. I carry concealed and I like it that way, keep the bad guy guessing.

Where I live the crook knowing that I'm armed would probably stop them from ever trying anything. At least against me.

But I see your point. A concealed weapon is like having an ace in the hole.

But don't you think a visible gun would make a great deterrent?

Where I live the crook knowing that I'm armed would probably stop them from ever trying anything. At least against me.

A visible gun does you no good if you're dead, or unwilling to use it.

Wow, you assume a lot about people. I know two police officers who carry concealed weapons. I also know several civilians who carry them. None of them are the type who want trouble. None have ever used the concealed guns, but I guarantee that if any had been sitting in the Colorado theater when that asshole came in, a lot less people would have died because they would have shot the shooter.

I suspect that liberals imagine all gun owners being stupid and just shooting at the drop of a hat and not aiming. Couldn't be further from the truth. There are idiots out there, no doubt, but I still feel safer with a responsible, armed person.

It seems unreal that in recent history, the homeowners who defended themselves were scrutinized more than the home invaders. It's all part of the effort to vilify gun owners.

There are not bullets flying around from responsible gun owners. The bullets flying around are from the gangs and other crazy people, who would totally ignore any and all laws.

A visible gun might be seen as a challenge by some idiots. I like concealed carry laws because crooks have to wonder whether you are armed or not. Since the only life they value is their own, they probably would not want to risk getting shot by going after the wrong person.

Criminals know the law, so just allowing citizens to choose whether or not they want to carry is a deterrent in and of itself. If you want something visible, wear an NRA t-shirt and let them guess whether or not you have a gun.

It's the gun-free zones and places with bans on concealed carry that attract them because they know there is little chance of resistance.

Last edited:

Wow, you assume a lot about people. I know two police officers who carry concealed weapons. I also know several civilians who carry them. None of them are the type who want trouble. None have ever used the concealed guns, but I guarantee that if any had been sitting in the Colorado theater when that asshole came in, a lot less people would have died because they would have shot the shooter.

I suspect that liberals imagine all gun owners being stupid and just shooting at the drop of a hat and not aiming. Couldn't be further from the truth. There are idiots out there, no doubt, but I still feel safer with a responsible, armed person.

It seems unreal that in recent history, the homeowners who defended themselves were scrutinized more than the home invaders. It's all part of the effort to vilify gun owners.

There are not bullets flying around from responsible gun owners. The bullets flying around are from the gangs and other crazy people, who would totally ignore any and all laws.

Well I'm not sure why you were so hostile to my comment...

My dad has a concealed carry license. I have ZERO problem with concealed carry. In fact I'm impressed by people I meet that have that certification. I could get one if I wanted to in my state but I truthfully don't see the point.

Wouldn't you prefer for a criminal to know that what they're planning to do is going to be complicated by a firearm?

A visible gun can make you a target, the bad guy may think you have a lot of money on you or just want your gun, that's enough for me to keep it concealed.

Forum List

Back