Study finds Republicans have more friends across political spectrum than Dimocrats do

It probably ain't true but it doesn't matter. WAPO never invests time and money in "studies" without a political motive. Can you guess what this one is? Let me help you. Since a "study" has determined that republicans "have more internet friends" it seems reasonable that republican "friends" might be dangerous and should be scrutinized more than democrats.

No surprise. Numerous studies have shown basically the same thing. Republicans are also far more likely to view and read opposing views.

One well supported theory is that the beliefs of Republicans are based in measurable facts and we are far more comfortable defending those views. Democrats views are feeling based. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, like you're doing swell, it has to be great for everyone.

I have several good friends of more than forty/fifty years. They are FAR-LEFT. We don't discuss politics very often.

No surprise. Numerous studies have shown basically the same thing. Republicans are also far more likely to view and read opposing views.

One well supported theory is that the beliefs of Republicans are based in measurable facts and we are far more comfortable defending those views. Democrats views are feeling based. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, like you're doing swell, it has to be great for everyone.

I have several good friends of more than forty/fifty years. They are FAR-LEFT. We don't discuss politics very often.
democrats will never admit it but they are driven by hate mostly self hate just a fact

Left Wingers get caught contradicting themselves all of the time because they do not have many real principles, they are just motivated by hate.

I mean Im sure republicans have their fair share of hardcore fanatics that hate everyone who doesnt believe what they believe and all that. But for the most part (I live in a red state) Ive never personally met a hardcore republican, all the ones I ever met are open minded to a fair degree and like someone based on who they are as a person and not what they believe. I also find republicans I know tend to not push it on others and mind their own business.

But democrats I know mostly have a very hard "its my way or the highway" attitude and dont even want to hear your opinions or thoughts unless you are in direct agreement with them. Im not saying they are all that way, but from my experince most of them are.

Logically, for every GQP with a Liberal friend, indicates a Liberal with a GQP friend. which produces equal numbers. Think people.

As a DC area artist, it’s no surprise that 99% of my friends, neighbors and co-workers are hardcore lefty democrats. I consider their misapprehension as a result of insulation, propaganda and group-think.
As a staunch anti-democrat-policy advocate myself, I made a point to that effect on FB — once. I was virtually assaulted by hundreds of intolerant democrat Ox-Bow mob creeps. Not a single one contacted me personally.
Democrats are extremely, extremely close minded group-thinkers.

Forum List

Back