Student Suspended for Removing Mexican Flag

jswiftproposal

Registered Baby-Cannibal
Apr 13, 2010
A student at Klein Collins High School in Texas observed upon his entering his school that there was a Mexican Flag hung from the balcony. After trying to find out to whom the flag belonged and after attempting to contact school officials several times, the student removed the flag. He then did a relatively rash, ignorant, and stupid act by throwing the flag in the trash instead of... lets say turning it into the lost and found. When school officials found out about the student's act, they suspended him for three days.

Although this student did vandalize property and offend people, he did have solid reason for REMOVING the flag (again, he did not have reason for throwing it away). Klein Collins displays the traditional American Flag on a pole outside the school, but inside the school, the newly hung Mexican flag was higher than any U.S. flag in the hallway. This is a violation of the sanctity of the American flag (you know, those anti burning/desecrating/hanging-upside-down of the flag laws) where the U.S. flag has to be the most prominently displayed flag on any government property, such as schools.

Article Klein Independent School district denies flag flap rumors | abc13.com
Pic/article Texas Student Suspended *** Removed Mexican... | Gather

What are your thoughts? Was the student right for removing the flag? Was he right for throwing it away? Was it okay to hang the Mexican flag where they did? Was the school right in suspending him for 3 days?

I'm sure this kid knows anything about the rules and etiquette of flag flying

Who cares, people are so pathetic

Last edited:
I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

I'm sure this kid know anything about the rules and etiquette of flag flying

He's a member of the ROTC so yea I'm willing to bet he knows a hell of a lot more about flag etiquette than most kids his age. Speaking of pathetic, how've you been doing?

I dont think he should have thrown it away but suspending him was counter productive to teaching him and his fellow students.

They should have made a lesson plan to educate all the students in how the flag should be displayed and why.

He threw the rag away because no one would man up and claim it.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

How about including where? ;)

The Mexican flag should not be displayed in an American school to begin with.

If it were displayed along the wall with numerous other small flags of different countries in a World History classroom, I would have no problem with it. The kids could learn to recognize flags of various countries and learn something about those countries and their people.

Mostly what children are learning in school today is rubbish, many of them by unqualified teachers. Then you have those teachers who have worked their asses off from lower school through college and afterward and have a passion for teaching. Blessed is the child who has one of those teachers.

If it were displayed along the wall with numerous other small flags of different countries in a World History classroom, I would have no problem with it. The kids could learn to recognize flags of various countries and learn something about those countries and their people.

Mostly what children are learning in school today is rubbish, many of them by unqualified teachers. Then you have those teachers who have worked their asses off from lower school through college and afterward and have a passion for teaching. Blessed is the child who has one of those teachers.

Way to encourage kids to study and do well in school.

If the same would be done for those who do the same with the american flag, I have no problem with it. And after what I saw done with the american flag in past riots, I really don't think the kid should have been suspended - maybe just a lecture on respecting the property of others as that flag had to belong to someone. The worst teachers are those who are anti-USA - of which I'm sure, there are many.

A student at Klein Collins High School in Texas observed upon his entering his school that there was a Mexican Flag hung from the balcony. After trying to find out to whom the flag belonged and after attempting to contact school officials several times, the student removed the flag. He then did a relatively rash, ignorant, and stupid act by throwing the flag in the trash instead of... lets say turning it into the lost and found. When school officials found out about the student's act, they suspended him for three days.

Although this student did vandalize property and offend people, he did have solid reason for REMOVING the flag (again, he did not have reason for throwing it away). Klein Collins displays the traditional American Flag on a pole outside the school, but inside the school, the newly hung Mexican flag was higher than any U.S. flag in the hallway. This is a violation of the sanctity of the American flag (you know, those anti burning/desecrating/hanging-upside-down of the flag laws) where the U.S. flag has to be the most prominently displayed flag on any government property, such as schools.

What are your thoughts? Was the student right for removing the flag? Was he right for throwing it away? Was it okay to hang the Mexican flag where they did? Was the school right in suspending him for 3 days?

Texas? Ugh! Stupid people, stupid fights. :cuckoo:

I bet the Mexican flag was NOT part of a display with it flying higher than an American flag. just another weirdo, victimization complaint from a white douchebagh.

Stop embarrassing the rest of white people with this inane insecurity you have about being white.

Bring an aspirin to school here and you get 1 week suspension.
And it does not get national attention.

This is a very logical idea.....and will be rejected out of hand by the demogogues.

It'll be rejected as irrelevant. US flag etiquette pertains solely to the US flag. Last I checked, we aren't in Mexico.

I'm sure this kid knows anything about the rules and etiquette of flag flying

I'm sure any fuckup like you knows that US flag etiquette extends only to the US flag.:cuckoo:

I see more tattered and torn, and unlit at night US flags on stupid white people porches, than I see Mexican flags flying high...and I live in the LA area.

I used to get angry at all teh stupid conservative whites who leave a tattered flag up as a way of protesting they are 'true' Americans. Stupid fucking idiots.

I always replaced my flag , and had a night light on it.

Maybe the kid or kids that hung the Mexican flag at the school should be suspended instead. They are the ones responsible for this mess that has turned into an issue that only serves to ratchet up the already strained racial tensions.

This IS America NOT Mexico!

although you are a racist asshole, I must say I agree with you here...except where you say 'many' in regards teachers. I'd say 'some'

I have no idea why a flag of another nation gets prominently displayed in a school. Heritage? Maybe, but displaying one heritage is bad policy and not good for all students involved.

Texas? Ugh! Stupid people, stupid fights. :cuckoo:

I bet the Mexican flag was NOT part of a display with it flying higher than an American flag. just another weirdo, victimization complaint from a white douchebagh.

Stop embarrassing the rest of white people with this inane insecurity you have about being white.

You mean because we bother know what the law states, loser? You apologetic fucks and your bleeding pussies over people flying a flag that belongs in another nation are a joke.

You want to stereotype me, bleeding heat yankee loser? Knock yourself out. Fuckwits like you forget where we came from but you'll defend Lincoln and his unConstitutional bullshit to last (spelled: third) braincell and what was his main objective? To preserve the Union.

He was right about one thing: A house divided cannot stand and you people undermining this nation from within are living proof.

For all your smoke and mirrors, you're just another fucking sheep in the herd.

Maybe the kid or kids that hung the Mexican flag at the school should be suspended instead. They are the ones responsible for this mess that has turned into an issue that only serves to ratchet up the already strained racial tensions.

This IS America NOT Mexico!

wow! Why would the kids (if it were the kids) who hung the Mexican flag get suspended as opposed to getting warned to take it down...or warned to not hang one again after an employee removes it?

see? one can agree to things and not be a racist fuck like you.

Forum List

Back