Student Debt Relief vs. Homeless Vets...

How about this for a low-cost education, and not be stuck with college loans that libs will make other people pay off for you:

1) Begin at community college. Tuition is cheap.

Cost: About $8000 for both years.

2) Get a B average, and transfer to the four-year state college with anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/2 of the tuition cut.

Cost: About $20,000 for both years.

3) Work part-time during school and full-time during semester break summer and earn around $5,000 for each of the four years. Apply toward tuition.

Result: Borrowed funds of less than $10,000 for a four-year degree.

Interesting, I agree.

August 27 2022
Lost in the bipartisan outrage over President Joe Biden’s student-loan forgiveness plan is a small detail that could help some families out of the debt morass. It’s that the erasure of $10,000 in debt (double that for Pell Grant recipients) is being offered to students whether or not they earned a degree.

Yes, I'm one that is outraged.
No, degree, no loan forgiveness.

But, I'm also a great big fan of Germany's educational system.
I'm a big fan of the concept that if you accept one penny in student debt forgiveness, your degree is rendered 'invalid'.

How about this for a low-cost education, and not be stuck with college loans that libs will make other people pay off for you:

1) Begin at community college. Tuition is cheap.

Cost: About $8000 for both years.

2) Get a B average, and transfer to the four-year state college with anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/2 of the tuition cut.

Cost: About $20,000 for both years.

3) Work part-time during school and full-time during semester break summer and earn around $5,000 for each of the four years. Apply toward tuition.

Result: Borrowed funds of less than $10,000 for a four-year degree.
I would also add that while you are a full-time student, making a parttime wage and applying that wage to the interest payments will reduce your total repayment by half.

I’ve heard estimates that the handout to affluent college graduates who agreed to repay their loans could approach $1T. That should be ALL moved toward 1) more help for vets, and 2) protecting the border from illegals.

P.S. The sexual assault deviant in my area, responsible for 12 assaults in the last few months, has been found and arrested. He was an illegal, and three-time deportee.
Did he have student loans?

Bitch, please.

That's nothing when compared to what's being spent on this program to aid selfish, lazy fuck-bags who don't want to pay back their loans.

$400 billion dollars is being given away to people who, ostensibly, have the means to pay back their loans.

Only a fraction of that is going to those who actually need the money.

That's fucking criminal.

Thankfully, though, it looks as though this idiotic student debt forgiveness idea may be getting ready to face its first challenge in court...

Bitch, please.

That's nothing when compared to what's being spent on this program to aid selfish, lazy fuck-bags who don't want to pay back their loans.

$400 billion dollars is being given away to people who, ostensibly, have the means to pay back their loans.

That's fucking criminal.

Thankfully, though, it looks as though this idiotic student debt forgiveness idea may be getting ready to face its first challenge in court...
That’s good news. Is it being challenged on the grounds that Biden has no authority to decide on a spending bill - and that it’s something that must be voted upon in Congress? Last I looked, we don’t have a King.

Bitch, please.

That's fucking criminal.

You left out where we get refunded all the monies paid during the moratorium.

Absofuckinglutely.

My HR Department has begun asking if new job applicants have applied for the relief. If they have, they get shown the door...
Well, if they were to admit to it they would have proven themselves too stupid to hire.

No one can apply for relief since there is no application to do as such.

Indeed, you're correct. I misspoke.

Applicants will be asked about it should the time come. Quite honestly, I don't know that I'd want someone who even thinks about it to work for me, but I don't believe the law allows me the latitude to ask that question...

Indeed, you're correct. I misspoke.

Applicants will be asked about it should the time come. Quite honestly, I don't know that I'd want someone who even thinks about it to work for me, but I don't believe the law allows me the latitude to ask that question...
It really is none of your business.

Why isn’t it an employer’s business to know if a job applicant is willing to foist their financial obligations onto other people, and probably on those earning less?

Mine are privately held companies. I can not hire someone for pretty much any reason I want, with the usual exceptions, of course. There would be nothing wrong with an employer taking it into consideration...

Mine are privately held companies. I can not hire someone for pretty much any reason I want, with the usual exceptions, of course. There would be nothing wrong with an employer taking it into consideration...
I would not divulge such information since it is not job related.

It's a private matter.

What if someone was a Nazi?

I don't mean "nazi" in the way it's thrown around here, but an actual Nazi who supports ethnic cleansing, killing Jews, etc.

Would that also be a private matter?

New Topics

Forum List

Back