Stressed/Fearful cat. Any suggestions?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Evie was abandoned. She found me at 10 months old, preggers, sick. Fast forward to September. We moved here to where we are now and she freaked the first week because she is now an indoor only cat (no choice. We are on the 6th floor). For about a week, she was afraid, which is understandable. And stressed. And everything was so new to her. But then things changed. She sleeps under MrGs bed all day and around 7pm, she would come in to my room for playtime. Loved the balconey to sit on her cat tree and look out at the traffic or people walking by.

We have been here 6 months. All was ok with her. But 2 weeks ago, she would not come out from under the bed. She is afraid of everything. Smoke swirling up from my incense, unrolling toilet paper, beep of the microwave, sudden movements from me or even a pot sliding off another pot as I dig for one to cook something. She refuses to out on the balconey. She WILL come out if I show her the cat brush, but then she RUNS back under the bed in MrGs room This was all a sudden thing. Nothing has changed. Except her.

She also has cat leukemia, but eats, pees, poops, and is overall in good health regardless. Its just her anxiety is thru the roof. So...I have been looking at cbd oils, hemp oils, etc. She will not eat ANYTHING except purina natural small bites. Once in awhile, she will eat some chicken flavor Temptations. She refuses wet food. So I have to find something like drops, to put in her food. But the question is...what brand, what kind, and do any of you have this problem? And if so...what do you do to calm your cat down? Any suggestions? Best brand? Hemp? CBD? (They are not the same). Where to purchase it and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

dang- poor cat- I don't know what I'd do if that happened to Davey- I suppose I'd cater to him and let whatever it is try to run its course- the CBD oil may help and I might try it-

. . hmmm. .

odd. I have noticed the birds around here have been acting odd the past few weeks outside as well.

I noticed one just flew into a car, another flew into the building. . . and I found one flying around inside the entryway.

Strange things going on.

If I were paranoid, I would say "they" are bombarding us with some strong EMF's or something. OTH, it could just be a major adjustment in the Earth's natural magnetic field. It has been wandering greatly in the past few decades, causing havoc on everyone and everything.

Have you tried Catnip to do an emotional "readjustment?" :dunno:

zo4ta.jpg

Evie was abandoned. She found me at 10 months old, preggers, sick. Fast forward to September. We moved here to where we are now and she freaked the first week because she is now an indoor only cat (no choice. We are on the 6th floor). For about a week, she was afraid, which is understandable. And stressed. And everything was so new to her. But then things changed. She sleeps under MrGs bed all day and around 7pm, she would come in to my room for playtime. Loved the balconey to sit on her cat tree and look out at the traffic or people walking by.

We have been here 6 months. All was ok with her. But 2 weeks ago, she would not come out from under the bed. She is afraid of everything. Smoke swirling up from my incense, unrolling toilet paper, beep of the microwave, sudden movements from me or even a pot sliding off another pot as I dig for one to cook something. She refuses to out on the balconey. She WILL come out if I show her the cat brush, but then she RUNS back under the bed in MrGs room This was all a sudden thing. Nothing has changed. Except her.

She also has cat leukemia, but eats, pees, poops, and is overall in good health regardless. Its just her anxiety is thru the roof. So...I have been looking at cbd oils, hemp oils, etc. She will not eat ANYTHING except purina natural small bites. Once in awhile, she will eat some chicken flavor Temptations. She refuses wet food. So I have to find something like drops, to put in her food. But the question is...what brand, what kind, and do any of you have this problem? And if so...what do you do to calm your cat down? Any suggestions? Best brand? Hemp? CBD? (They are not the same). Where to purchase it and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
She probably needs an animal play mate, have you considered a Pitbull to keep her company?

Serially. Talk to the vet. They have kitty Zoloft and other mood medicines for this. Anxiety meds make you eat.

Years ago my brother had a cat named Mack. When brother sparked his daily doobie up, Mack hurriedly jumped on the table for his shotguns. That cat was a kool cat. So you could try catnip too for a nip break.

I'm using herbal meds here

Remind your cat that joe biden is president now and everything is going to be ok

Cat nip?

. . hmmm. .

odd. I have noticed the birds around here have been acting odd the past few weeks outside as well.

I noticed one just flew into a car, another flew into the building. . . and I found one flying around inside the entryway.

Strange things going on.

If I were paranoid, I would say "they" are bombarding us with some strong EMF's or something. OTH, it could just be a major adjustment in the Earth's natural magnetic field. It has been wandering greatly in the past few decades, causing havoc on everyone and everything.

zo4ta.jpg

Sometimes berries ferment on the bush and birds will get so drunk they fall out of the sky .

. . hmmm. .

Strange things going on.

zo4ta.jpg
She is not impressed with catnip. I tried. I think I am going to go to the local small pet store and see what they have.

Across the street is a 5g cell tower. But it's always been there, so not sure if that is a factor. Maybe it takes awhile to take a toll? The old folks here complain of headaches alot. And dizziness. They think its the tower. Then again, it could be the earth is tilting. Could be anything. I just don't want her scared all the damn time.

Bought some hemp/cdb drops for her at the local shop. She said it was popular for high anxiety cats, also good for pain. Overall...most of her customers ask for it and are repeat customers so it seems to work for others. Will see how it goes for a few days. It's called Austin And Kat.

ok...this is fucking confusing! It says how many mgs to give a cat. But the dropper has ML on it. So how many fucking ML drops equal how many MG for a 15 lb cat??????????

Why the sam hell does the box say that but the dropper is something completely different? HOW MANY DROPS PER 10 LBS? Such an easy question but no answers. And yes, I went to google for a conversion chart but I have to times this, divide that, add something else, subtract something else and VOILA. I have the amount of DROPS. Alas...no I don't. Fuck. Why do they make shit so damn difficult?

I just wrote about one of ours, badly traumatized, found her at 6-8 wks. That was about 10 yrs ago and she is still terrified of everything. Over the years, I've rescued hundreds and the ones that had been abused, or out on the street never got past that trauma.

No way I'd give catnip and I haven't tried CBD. I think Feliway is a good product - you might want to give it a try.

My feeling is to let her be what she she. Just like people, animals do what they do because its what they can do. That sounds simplistic but its true.

Good luck with her.

ok...this is fucking confusing! It says how many mgs to give a cat. But the dropper has ML on it. So how many fucking ML drops equal how many MG for a 15 lb cat??????????

Why the sam hell does the box say that but the dropper is something completely different? HOW MANY DROPS PER 10 LBS? Such an easy question but no answers. And yes, I went to google for a conversion chart but I have to times this, divide that, add something else, subtract something else and VOILA. I have the amount of DROPS. Alas...no I don't. Fuck. Why do they make shit so damn difficult?

Have you talked to her vet about this problem? It's always best to rule out physiological explanations for weird pet behavior.

Or possibly, she's just nuts, like all cats are, and this is her personal manifestation.

She is fine now, thankfully. Very much a house cat. Loves her balcony.

We recently moved into an apartment with a lovely big patio which has a low wall around it and a roof. I want to enclose it with lattice panels so that the dog and cats can wander outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine whenever they want, without having to worry about them taking off and getting lost. Oh, and in the dog's case, attacking and killing someone else's dog because he hates them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back