Street preacher, 71, arrested for ‘distressing’ public with ‘homophobic’ rants

An elderly pastor was arrested on the streets of London for making “homophobic comments” and telling passers-by that same-sex couples were against “God’s created order”.

Pastor John Sherwood and Pastor Peter Simpson were preaching outside Uxbridge tube station in West London on Friday (23 April).

In an article for the Conservative Woman, a publication which decries “BLM brainwashing”, the “tragedy of transgenderism” and “the degrading spectacle of Cardi B’s nether regions“, Simpson said that he “began the preaching and referred to the grave abandonment by our nation of its Christian foundations, an abandonment which has manifested itself in, for example, the redefinition of marriage”.

Same-sex marriage, he said, was “an assault upon the Biblical revelation, which tells us that marriage can be only between one man and one woman”.

What's next? Dragging a Pastor from the pulpit for preaching the same message?
These nut jobs infest our major cities. The police wont usually do anything unless you complain. A night in the cells might cause him to reflect on his idiocy.

I can't believe some people are so afraid and intolerant of other's opinions. Why the fear?
So I need to be tolerant of dickheads who are intolerant ? Um OK.

Um...let's see.

tolerance
: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Yep.
Maybe these dickhead "preachers" should practice some of that.

An elderly pastor was arrested on the streets of London for making “homophobic comments” and telling passers-by that same-sex couples were against “God’s created order”.

Pastor John Sherwood and Pastor Peter Simpson were preaching outside Uxbridge tube station in West London on Friday (23 April).

In an article for the Conservative Woman, a publication which decries “BLM brainwashing”, the “tragedy of transgenderism” and “the degrading spectacle of Cardi B’s nether regions“, Simpson said that he “began the preaching and referred to the grave abandonment by our nation of its Christian foundations, an abandonment which has manifested itself in, for example, the redefinition of marriage”.

Same-sex marriage, he said, was “an assault upon the Biblical revelation, which tells us that marriage can be only between one man and one woman”.

These nut jobs infest our major cities. The police wont usually do anything unless you complain. A night in the cells might cause him to reflect on his idiocy.

I can't believe some people are so afraid and intolerant of other's opinions. Why the fear?

We tolerate you and you are a dickhead. So what goes around, comes around.

Um...let's see.

tolerance
: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Yep.

I would agree however we weren't talking about them. Nice way to divert the discourse.

Um...let's see.

tolerance

Yep.

Deflection. First you are a homosexual, stop denying it. Second, you don't get to define tolerance, that's why I posted the definition.

Just put the dick back in his self-loathing, closeted gay mouth. Problem solved.
Your problem is you love your sin so much that you are openly hostile to the Truth.
Hahahaha

Sin is a childish, magical concept from a time when we were more ignorant and superstitious. You can keep your childish toys.
No, sin is very real and mankind is totally evil and depraved.

Just put the dick back in his self-loathing, closeted gay mouth. Problem solved.

Projection, you seem to like/want dicks in your mouth. Is it hard living on the down low?
Pretty pathetic attempt at a comeback by you. This is like beating up on kindergartners.

It's your obsession son, not mine. There has never been a single day you wee in my league and I'm just some schmuck on the internet.

Please tell me that you aren’t American.

No, that is a Christian interpretation. AGAIN, Jews didnt even practice that. It was legal then.
THE FATHER OF ISRAEL had multiple wives and he spoke directly to god. In fact, when his second wife fled his first wifes abuse, God talked directly to her and told her to go home.
Again, an interpretation filled with personal morals and not scripture
As far as I am aware, the OT doesnt forbid polygamy and there are multiple evidences of it there. Polygamy was forbidden first among the Ashkenazi Jews by a 'decree' of some rabbi. Though, I have only a vague knowledge of that, maybe someone can elaborate it.

Yes, I think they have passed laws where you can't say bad stuff about gays. There is concern that the Bible would qualify as a book that can be illegal over there.

Thats hilarious. Christianity is the official religion in the United Kingdom.

No, that is a Christian interpretation. AGAIN, Jews didnt even practice that. It was legal then.
THE FATHER OF ISRAEL had multiple wives and he spoke directly to god. In fact, when his second wife fled his first wifes abuse, God talked directly to her and told her to go home.
As far as I am aware, the OT doesnt forbid polygamy and there are multiple evidences of it there. Polygamy was forbidden first among the Ashkenazi Jews by a 'decree' of some rabbi. Though, I have only a vague knowledge of that, maybe someone can elaborate it.
I have found a good article about that, but that one in Russian.

Though, online translator can solve this problem.

When a man takes more than one wife, isn't he committing adultery? He is violating the vows that he made to his first, and only, wife. Remember that in marriage ceremonies, people swear faith to each other on solemn oath.
Well, not exactly, strictly speaking. In marriage ceremony, the people vow to be together until death takes one of them. They say nothing about the possibility to take one more wife while remaining in marriage.

Yes, I think they have passed laws where you can't say bad stuff about gays. There is concern that the Bible would qualify as a book that can be illegal over there.

Thats hilarious. Christianity is the official religion in the United Kingdom.
Bibles and newspapers ‘would be banned under new hate crime law’
Atheist Group Armed with New law in UK to Report Bible, Church sermons for ‘Hate Speech’

The United Kingdom’s Christian Institute is warning that the Bible could be criminalized in Scotland if a hate-crime bill becomes law.
Ian Stewart of the group Atheist Scotland recently told U.K.’s The Courier that atheists see “merit” in the proposed Hate Crime and Public Order Bill for Scotland.

He said it “will enable the prosecution of all Scotland’s religions and their holy books for spreading hatred.”

“We fully intend to monitor all holy books, sermons in places of worship and the social media accounts of the various religions and report any hatred to police Scotland for criminal investigation,” Stewart said.

The institute has warned that the bill would criminalize words deemed “likely” to “stir up hatred” against particular groups. It would not require any proof of intent.

Simon Calvert, deputy director for public affairs at the Christian Institute, warned such a move would give “politically motivated complainants like Mr. Stewart a powerful weapon against their ideological opponents.”

“The threshold of the proposed offenses is so low that Mr. Stewart might well be able to persuade a police officer that certain unfashionable Bible verses or sermons are ‘hate crimes,'” he said. “Does the Scottish government really want to expose church ministers to the risk of prosecution at the instigation of anti-religious zealots?”

Rev. David Robertson, a former moderator of the Free Church of Scotland, said that Stewart’s letter “illustrates perfectly” why the legislation should not be made law.

He said Stewart incorrectly considers “any disagreements with any of his fundamental beliefs as self-evident ‘hate.'”

“He is, in effect, saying that we should all be closed down unless we accept his authoritarian morality,” he said.

The Roman Catholic bishops already have warned that possession of a Bible could be an “offense” under the bill.

They said the law’s wording could be used to support a claim that a Bible is “inflammatory material.”

“Conduct need not be threatening or even intended to stir up hatred for an offense to be committed. Instead, the bill captures any abusive behavior deemed likely to stir up hatred. An offense could even be unwittingly committed in the privacy of your own home,” the Christian Institute previously said of the plan.

“And there is not nearly enough protection for free speech,” the group said.

While the Bible clearly records that one woman was created for one man, the Bible also records incidences where men had several wives or more. HOWEVER, in every case (be it wives or concubines) such relationships were always revealed in the Bible as being far less than ideal. There was always strife and discord towards the husband and the children involved usually ended up at each others throats.

Forum List

Back