Civil Rights Advocate
Dec 17, 2009
San Jose, California
"You get to play as a cat..."
Stop. Say no more!

Stray - Launch Trailer

Out now on Playstation.

My synopsis:
Separated from his family, an orange cat that fell into a strange place must find his way back, encountering humanoid forms of sentient robots known as Companions and an intelligent drone known as B-12. The mysteries of this underworld/cybercity place are slowly unraveled as the cat makes his way through challenges and occasional threats from two main sources, the flesh and metal-eating Zurks, and the drone-like Sentinels. How did this world come to be? Where are the humans?

I loved the concept when I previewed the trailer last year, was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype, but I was pleased with the result. The perspective and realistic portrayal of the cat is great, and his relationships with the AI beings work well. The world portrayed is impressive in design and looks gorgeous, and the storytelling works well. You can't help but shed a tear for his plight. The only drawback is that it isn't a branching narrative with different outcomes like "Detroit: Become Human," so you don't get much replay value once you get to the conclusion, just trying to complete collecting badges/sidequests/memory collections if you missed anything.

😺

I love this, it is a real game right? Can you play as different cats or is the orange cat the only option?

Waiting for Bethesda to right the wrong that was Fallout 76 and you try to sell me on playing as an orange tabby cat?

I love this, it is a real game right? Can you play as different cats or is the orange cat the only option?
Real game. Came out this week.

The orange cat is the only option. Lots of people I'm sure would love to customize the cat to look like one of their own if they could. Though any death scene would be hard to watch.

"You get to play as a cat..."
Stop. Say no more!

Stray - Launch Trailer

Out now on Playstation.

My synopsis:
Separated from his family, an orange cat that fell into a strange place must find his way back, encountering humanoid forms of sentient robots known as Companions and an intelligent drone known as B-12. The mysteries of this underworld/cybercity place are slowly unraveled as the cat makes his way through challenges and occasional threats from two main sources, the flesh and metal-eating Zurks, and the drone-like Sentinels. How did this world come to be? Where are the humans?

I loved the concept when I previewed the trailer last year, was a bit worried that it wouldn't live up to the hype, but I was pleased with the result. The perspective and realistic portrayal of the cat is great, and his relationships with the AI beings work well. The world portrayed is impressive in design and looks gorgeous, and the storytelling works well. You can't help but shed a tear for his plight. The only drawback is that it isn't a branching narrative with different outcomes like "Detroit: Become Human," so you don't get much replay value once you get to the conclusion, just trying to complete collecting badges/sidequests/memory collections if you missed anything.

😺

From what little I have watched, it is visually amazing. I've watched about 2 minutes of it from a couple of streamers and it looked very appealing. I wonder how it would look on My 3090? I may, someday, purchase it.

Real game. Came out this week.

The orange cat is the only option. Lots of people I'm sure would love to customize the cat to look like one of their own if they could. Though any death scene would be hard to watch.

Wait what kind of death scenes are we taking about? :omg:

Wait what kind of death scenes are we taking about? :omg:

While most of this game is problem solving and story-driven, there are two main enemies you'll encounter in a few levels.

The Zurks, you gotta outrun and outmaneuver them. Don't let them gang up on you.
Zurks.jpg

The Sentinels, which you have to deal with on a later level. They'll shoot to kill suspects and intruders. Stealth mode and quick maneuvering required.
Stray-Sentinels.jpg

Forum List

Back