Straub Beer- a pretty tremendous lager

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Its not sold coast to coast, but it is available in Pennsylvania and adjacent areas.

I've been drinking this, it is pretty expensive, almost $25 for a case of 30 cans. But well worth the premium paid over more popularly price brews like Old Mil and Pabst.

A good flavor of hops, its brewed in the Tremendous County of Elk here in PA.

I don't remember seeing it as a youth in greater Youngstown metropolitan area, I think they've really expanded their area of sales.

If you don't mind paying big money, this could be the beer for you. At least if you are in the greater PA region.

Its not sold coast to coast, but it is available in Pennsylvania and adjacent areas.

I've been drinking this, it is pretty expensive, almost $25 for a case of 30 cans. But well worth the premium paid over more popularly price brews like Old Mil and Pabst.

A good flavor of hops, its brewed in the Tremendous County of Elk here in PA.

I don't remember seeing it as a youth in greater Youngstown metropolitan area, I think they've really expanded their area of sales.

If you don't mind paying big money, this could be the beer for you. At least if you are in the greater PA region.

If that’s “big money” for you when it comes to beer... You need to drink better beer.

If that’s “big money” for you when it comes to beer... You need to drink better beer.

When I first started drinking in the 70's as a teenager, you could get a case of quality beer for $4-5. Drank a lot of Schmidt's back then which was brewed in Cleveland as well as Iron which was brewed in Pittsburgh. Real quality stuff but it didn't cost you an arm and a leg. I don't think they even brew those any more. Nowadays its all Bud and Miller and Coors- and the young pantywaists all go for the "light " variety.

When I first started drinking in the 70's as a teenager, you could get a case of quality beer for $4-5. Drank a lot of Schmidt's back then which was brewed in Cleveland as well as Iron which was brewed in Pittsburgh. Real quality stuff but it didn't cost you an arm and a leg. I don't think they even brew those any more. Nowadays its all Bud and Miller and Coors- and the young pantywaists all go for the "light " variety.
Try some Sweetwater 420, or Lagunitas.

I always said this when my friends gathered at bars (memba when??) and ordered "light beer".

I never understood the concept of "light beer" at all. Why pay the same for something with less kick to it?

If you want to limit your alcohol intake, fine. Just drink fewer cans of Schmidts or Schlitz, no point in going with the "light" varieties.

A friend of mine told me that Miller Light is just regular Miller mixed with water, ditto with Bud and Bud Light.

I never understood the concept of "light beer" at all. Why pay the same for something with less kick to it?

If you want to limit your alcohol intake, fine. Just drink fewer cans of Schmidts or Schlitz, no point in going with the "light" varieties.

A friend of mine told me that Miller Light is just regular Miller mixed with water, ditto with Bud and Bud Light.

Pretty much. I always said to my friends that quality was better than quantity.
I only ever drank one light beer that I though tasted good to go beyond two or three.
I prefer a full bodied beer. Like you said...just drink less. :)

Forum List

Back