Strategy study question.

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Assume you are within enemy territory and the enemy is distributed as well as blended into the indigenous population. You don't know their exact number. They can see you and they can follow you but you can't see them and you can't follow them, also you can't exactly count them.

Your job is to extract a group of civilians who the enemy knows and is in contact with. The civilian group does not know that they are in danger, only you have this intelligence.

Also you don't know where this group is most of the time but you can glimpse at their movements at random occasions.

What strategy would you construct for the purpose of exploiting the moment when you see the group? And what strategy would you construct to extract them?

The embedded enemy watches you most of the time.

Also lets assume the terrain of a desert city where the enemy has cover at buildings.

If the enemy is watching and following constantly, then rapid displacement on 'our' part will lead to their (noticeable) movement as well. Also, it may also become apparent who does not move and that could further lead to locating the endangered group.

If the group is under guard the only solution is an assault on the compound. If the group is free and able to travel the essential element is communication, otherwise it is impossible to determine their whereabouts at a specific time. Drop a radio from a drone or drop a commando at night. Push them toward a specific area and be ready.

Last edited:
Assume you are within enemy territory and the enemy is distributed as well as blended into the indigenous population. You don't know their exact number. They can see you and they can follow you but you can't see them and you can't follow them, also you can't exactly count them.

Your job is to extract a group of civilians who the enemy knows and is in contact with. The civilian group does not know that they are in danger, only you have this intelligence.

Also you don't know where this group is most of the time but you can glimpse at their movements at random occasions.

What strategy would you construct for the purpose of exploiting the moment when you see the group? And what strategy would you construct to extract them?

The embedded enemy watches you most of the time.

Also lets assume the terrain of a desert city where the enemy has cover at buildings.
Well considering that I am being watched that means I can't really warn the people I am going to extract and make plans for extraction with them. My extraction becomes a kid napping situation. Considering this is a desert situation I assume they have difficulty obtaining water. I create a diversion by attacking their water supply. I have it set up so that the water tower can be blown up when I have eyes on the enemy. I also set up other diversionary attacks to go off at same time hopefully on targets they care about like family. When I see the enemy troops scramble to deal with the chaos I have created I kid nap the the extraction targets .

Forum List

Back