Strange New Worlds

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind

Of course, as expected, this prequel to the original Star Trek series is more lavish and chocked full of CGI and special effects.
Which makes the original look like a very bad stage production from someones garage.

That aside, I despise prequels.

But this was done with style and high regard for the Star Trek lineage. So, even though I despise prequels, this one is not among those on my list.

The characters are all very good actors. Although I am happy with those portraying Nurse Chapel and Uhura, I have my misgivings about the man playing Spock. He seems to be a very good actor, doing his best to be Spock, but Leonard Nimoy left some universal sized Federation boots to fill. And seeing as Spock was my most favorite character, I admit I am very obstinate about Spock being portrayed by anyone other than Nimoy.

All in all though, I have to say, this was impressive. And a billion times better than Discovery.....which started out great and then turned to shit very quickly. I stopped watching that in the middle of season 1.

Even though ST New Worlds contained some politically motivated subject matter, it wasn't biased to one way or the other, or one side or the other.

I like this so far. Hopefully it just gets better, and they don't fuck it up.

My wife and I just finished episode 1. This could have been a great new show had its creators not injected woke political messages into seventy percent of the script. Lesbian shipmates for example. We will not be watching another episode.

There is a scene where Pike is warning another species about going to war as Earth had a Third world War with many killed. The videos were of it starting with the Jan. 6 riots even though he did not say it. Other videos were used also. He said one nation was responsible. Just saying. A Progs propaganda is never done. This is the norm for entertainment today. Always with the Prog message blended in.

My wife and I just finished episode 1. This could have been a great new show had its creators not injected woke political messages into seventy percent of the script. Lesbian shipmates for example. We will not be watching another episode.

Same here.

The title alone got me excited. Strange new world's had a lot of promise behind it and I was hoping for a return to form of new adventures with a lot of possibilities.

But I love movies and games because it's an escape from reality. But as soon as they inject real world political or social agendas into it they stick out like a tooth ache. I used to love the masters of horror series, even the bad episodes. But one day a episode came on directed by Joe Dante and I got excited, then I saw it had zombies and I got more excited. Then I realized they were American soldiers killed in the middle east that came back to life so they could vote........I turned that shit off and never watched another one

I have no desire to watch another episode of star trek. They ruined the previous series pretty quick, and they ruined strange new world's right out of the gate.

I get too much reality shoved in my face every where I turn as it is, I don't want it in movies, tv shows, video games, etc.

Una and the security officer are always hanging out but I don't think they've explicitly said they're lesbian lovers.

Of course, as expected, this prequel to the original Star Trek series is more lavish and chocked full of CGI and special effects.
Which makes the original look like a very bad stage production from someones garage.

That aside, I despise prequels.

But this was done with style and high regard for the Star Trek lineage. So, even though I despise prequels, this one is not among those on my list.

The characters are all very good actors. Although I am happy with those portraying Nurse Chapel and Uhura, I have my misgivings about the man playing Spock. He seems to be a very good actor, doing his best to be Spock, but Leonard Nimoy left some universal sized Federation boots to fill. And seeing as Spock was my most favorite character, I admit I am very obstinate about Spock being portrayed by anyone other than Nimoy.

All in all though, I have to say, this was impressive. And a billion times better than Discovery.....which started out great and then turned to shit very quickly. I stopped watching that in the middle of season 1.

Even though ST New Worlds contained some politically motivated subject matter, it wasn't biased to one way or the other, or one side or the other.

I like this so far. Hopefully it just gets better, and they don't fuck it up.

I think the prequel suggests that Kirk got his ‘tude from Pike.

Other than that, I’m liking the show so far.

The new Uhura is cute, I never thought much of the old Uhura.

The new Nurse Chapel is cute, I never thought much of the old Nurse Chapel.

The new Spock is OK, but I don't think anyone can fill the shoes of Leonard Nimoy in that role.

In the original pilot of Star Trek the doctor was an old guy I really liked. I wish they'd brought him into the show instead of the African doctor.

I rainy day binge watched through the one where the kid had to "ascend". I like it well enough. It got better throughout. The doctor keeping his daughter locked inside the teleporter matrix to keep her alive is the only part of the storyline I could do without. The new Number 1 is the only actor I think really isn't pulling their weight on the series though.

Forum List

Back