Strange how the left hates Seals

thanatos144

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2009
Stuart Florida
The strange hate for ?Lone Survivor? | New York Post

I just read this after hearing from a friend that people were saying how the movie lone survivor was propaganda... Which to me seemed incredible.. I mean not even progressives would lambast a true story about brave navy seals right? I mean they say they love our troops right?
the article in the top link is one that exposes some of these pathetic progressive tools. the links below are the links to some of the articles of said pathetic progressive tools.

Lone Survivor's Takeaway: Every War Movie Is a Pro-War Movie - Calum Marsh - The Atlantic

This strategy, of course, is nothing new. And because an informed viewer is perfectly capable of distinguishing fiction from reality, it’s doubtful that even the most outrageously jingoistic war films are actually dangerous in any meaningful sense. In other words, nobody will be rushing off to war on account of Peter Berg.

But it is worth considering that movies like Lone Survivor do begin to resemble multi-million dollar recruitment videos—tools of military indoctrination geared toward the young and the impressionable. Films like this contribute to subtle shifts in public perception, helping to legitimize feelings of xenophobia and American exceptionalism. It’s no accident that Lone Survivor ignores the question of whether the SEAL team’s mission was justified or worthwhile, just as it ignores, even more broadly, the merit of the war in Afghanistan to begin with. Not asking is its own kind of answer. It tells us to focus elsewhere: on the heroism of these men, on the bravery of their actions. The moral issues are for another day.
how about this bullshit....In the article he actually suggests that the story isnt very truthful because it doesn't show the Taliban in a better light.

Now, compare this exaggeratedly casual introduction with the way the film brings in its Taliban villains. Their unruly gang storms into a quiet village while firing off machine guns and, while screaming unintelligibly, drags a man into the streets and lops his head off with a machete. (Sinister-sounding music accompanies, just in case the sentiment wasn’t clear.) This is cartoon villainy—the realm of the black hat and the twirling moustache. Such gestures serve a straightforward dramatic purpose: They align the audience with the heroes while encouraging them to dislike the bad guys, so that when the battle finally ignites, the viewer’s sympathies have already been sorted out.

Lone Survivor Has Too Much Violence and Jingoism for Its Own Good | Film | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly this one seems to be a love letter to the Taliban ...all the author does is cry about all the poor brown people being killed.

among other embellishments, upped the number of enemy Taliban fighters from 10 to 200. Hey, whatever, man. Those aliens in Battleship weren't real, either.
Really?

?Lone Survivor?: A pro-war propaganda surprise hit - Salon.com

OK, we do learn their specific mission, which is to hunt down and terminate a local Taliban commander, presented as a terrible guy who has a villager decapitated for suspected collaboration with the Americans
Really? Are we to believe the Taliban were just peace loving men and women?

I was actually shocked and really dismayed about how easily progressives dismiss the bravery of our Best of the Best. This to me just proves they have never moved past the soldiers are baby killers attitude of the 60's and some it seems dont even try and hide it.

Last edited:
Propaganda, by the left, is wrong, while propaganda by the right is OK.

Got it.

Your assertion is supported by an article about a movie.

You, the film, and the article are all engaged in propaganda.

Yet you use it to say "the Left" collectively does this.

You have much further to go to support your point.

If you dont know what the fuck your talking about why do you insist on posting? Do you know what the movie is about and where they got the material?

If you dont know what the fuck your talking about why do you insist on posting? Do you know what the movie is about and where they got the material?

I honor the survivor, I honor his team, and I think their exploits were amazing.

I despise you and the leftist writer for pretending that you are doing anything except propagandizing for your own needs at the expense of the warriors.

Lone Survivor ignores the question of whether the SEAL team’s mission was justified or worthwhile, just as it ignores, even more broadly, the merit of the war in Afghanistan to begin with

I agree with this critic because I watched The Titanic and questioned why the film didn't justify if big cruising ships are really needed or worthwhile. Even more broadly, why it didn't merit that cruises in general are really something American's should be doing in the first place.

Instead the Titanic focused on how posh cruising on a ship, hitting icebergs and sinking really is.

Who hates Seals?

pic_156960001182301625.jpeg

It is the right who wants to club them

The left used to spit on Vietnam Veterans. The SEALS have become the tool of the CIA/Hussein administration's assassination agenda so the left tolerates them for a little while. The low information left has been taught by generations of union based teachers not to think but to accept and most of today's young generation do not read books but rely on electronic entertainment. I read Luttrell's book and it is an account of what not to do rather than a inspiration of victory but today's kids can't tell the difference between hollywood hype and the truth.

Hates?

I employed a NAVY Seal at the bar I owned a while back.

He was a great worker.

You?

Why would a SEAL work at a bar? They can make so much more doing what they were trained to do in the civilian world.

Forum List

Back