Story of people in painting

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Who are the people posing in painting, one thread to discover the story of some painting like this one

Grant Wood recruits his sister Nan (1899-1990) as a model of the woman, dressed in a colonial printed apron imitating the popular American style of the nineteenth century. The man is inspired by Wood dentist, Dr. Byron McKeeby (1867-1950)

Actual subjects of American Gothic -1930

Actual subjects of American Gothic.jpg

Who are the people posing in painting, one thread to discover the story of some painting like this one

Grant Wood recruits his sister Nan (1899-1990) as a model of the woman, dressed in a colonial printed apron imitating the popular American style of the nineteenth century. The man is inspired by Wood dentist, Dr. Byron McKeeby (1867-1950)

View attachment 238457

They still don't look amused, do they.

You know that expression? "We are not amused"?

Hello , i was talking still am with some of my friend about the Gilets Jaunes i just took a little break but i did not forget about you my Américan friends :thup:

View attachment 238457

No Pogo, i Don't know about that expression

View attachment 238457

No Pogo, i Don't know about that expression

Commonly attributed to the British Queen Victoria, supposedly after a dinner guest had told a "spicy" story. It connotes someone who is what we call a 'sourpuss'. Stern and stoic.

To put it the opposite way, we are most amused to see you Dalia. :smiliehug:

Merci:9-21:, since i was not at the forum for a long time it is a hard to get back in the feeling:th_yourecute: but a lot is happening in France so i follow what is going on :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back