Stop ruining childhood!

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
In Defense of the Wild Child

“I’m worried our kids are going to file the largest class-action suit in history, because we are stealing their childhoods. They’re like caged animals or Turkish children forced to sew rugs until they go blind. We’re suppressing their natural messy existence.”

“Even people who are politically liberal suddenly sound like right-wing talk-show hosts when the subject turns to children and education,” says Alfie Kohn. “ ‘The problem is with the individual.’ That is right-wing orthodoxy.”

What will take to stop these greedy people from ruining childhood?

I hope these snobby intellectual power hungry control freak educators and psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists have football players and cheerleaders for children!

“I’m worried our kids are going to file the largest class-action suit in history, because we are stealing their childhoods. They’re like caged animals or Turkish children forced to sew rugs until they go blind. We’re suppressing their natural messy existence.”

“Even people who are politically liberal suddenly sound like right-wing talk-show hosts when the subject turns to children and education,” says Alfie Kohn. “ ‘The problem is with the individual.’ That is right-wing orthodoxy.”

I hope these snobby intellectual power hungry control freak educators and psychologists, psychiatrists, and therapists have football players and cheerleaders for children!

Are you saying let them do whatever the want whenever they want?

I'm saying get off your ass and be a parent! Do not let the pills do the parenting! Today's parents are too lazy!

The concept of childhood is rather new in the history of human kind

And FWIW we have extended childhood farther and farther into adulthood it's time we stopped that shit

I'm saying get off your ass and be a parent! Do not let the pills do the parenting! Today's parents are too lazy!

Then I misunderstood your post. Should I assume by your avatar that you have a military background?

I am a parent. I'm responsible for raising my children and do so without pills or letting the school system do it for me. My parents were the same. While it wasn't something as widespread when I was a kid, I probably would have been diagnosed with ADD had I been tested. My dad, much like myself since he raised me, had the same outlook. He was a Marine. He didn't take shit off of me and my brother. He made it clear what would happen to both of us if we were fools and embarrassed the family name. While I'm not sure whether he would have done what he said, I was sure I wasn't going to give him the opportunity to prove it.

Then I misunderstood your post.

I am a parent. I'm responsible for raising my children and do so without pills or letting the school system do it for me. My parents were the same. While it wasn't something as widespread when I was a kid, I probably would have been diagnosed with ADD had I been tested. My dad, much like myself since he raised me, had the same outlook. He was a Marine. He didn't take shit off of me and my brother. He made it clear what would happen to both of us if we were fools and embarrassed the family name. While I'm not sure whether he would have done what he said, I was sure I wasn't going to give him the opportunity to prove it.

All my dad had to do was give me "the look".

The look

By the time it got to a look, my dad would have proven he would do what he said.

Most liberals come from dysfunctional families and resent those who didn't share that experience. Their empathy for others is laudable, but it is very destructive when implemented as government policy.

Westerners have a long and glorious history of oppressing young people.

in a decent society people would be married at fourteen with child one on the way and a plot of land to build a life on.

Instead, education never seems to stop...far far into adulthood.

Like Zoolander?

Forum List

Back