Stop coddling Warren Buffett

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
As most of the media goes gaga over Billionaire Obama fundraiser Warren Buffett calling for tax hikes, (like he did in 2001, and 2004, and plenty of times in between), let’s remember a few things.

Buffett Profits from Taxes He Supports

Buffett regularly lobbies for higher estate taxes. He also has repeatedly bought up family businesses forced to sell because the heirs’ death-tax bill exceeded the business’s liquid assets. He owns life insurance companies that rely on the death tax in order to sell their estate-planning businesses.

Buffett Profits from Government Spending

Buffett made about a billion dollars off of the Wall Street bailout by investing in Goldman Sachs on the assumption Uncle Sam would bail it out. He also is planning investments in ethanol giant ADM and government-contracting leviathan General Dynamics.

If your businesses’ revenue comes from the U.S. Treasury, of course you want more wealth.

Stop coddling Warren Buffett | Campaign 2012

So now we see why Warren Buffett supports higher taxes. If he really wanted his taxes raised for principled reasons he would be free to send a donation of any amount he wanted to the federal government.

except that would be a drop in the bucket compared to what is needed....

come on, kevin... really?

Well if Warren Buffett, Matt Damon, and all their friends that want higher taxes donate enough then what's the problem?

Shouldn't right wingers want to give this man a medal for his actions? They love it when the rich manipulate the system in order to get even more rich at others expense.

There's another motive for Warren to pump the class wars. HIS income is Capital Gains. That's why he pays at a 17.7 marginal rate. So if he can get the ignorant masses on the left to raise the INCOME TAX bracket (ala Bush tax cuts) -- then those folks will shift from salary to investment income..

Who runs the Cadillac of Investment stocks - Bershire Hathaway? Yup --- ole Warren.. Voila --- Warren pays NO MORE than he did before and Berkshire Hathaway gets 100,000 new investors.. BRILLIANT..

Yes we LOVE it when "the rich" manipulate leftist dupes.... Add George Soros to the folks doing the manipulating. With the left's help he might be able to bring the dollar to it's knees..

Last edited:
There's another motive for Warren to pump the class wars. HIS income is Capital Gains. That's why he pays at a 17.7 marginal rate. So if he can get the ignorant masses on the left to raise the INCOME TAX bracket (ala Bush tax cuts) -- then those folks will shift from salary to investment income..

Who runs the Cadillac of Investment stocks - Bershire Hathaway? Yup --- ole Warren.. Voila --- Warren pays NO MORE than he did before and Berkshire Hathaway gets 100,000 new investors.. BRILLIANT..

Yes we LOVE it when "the rich" manipulate leftist dupes.... Add George Soros to the folks doing the manipulating. With the left's help he might be able to bring the dollar to it's knees..

Um, Warren Buffet supports counting capital gains as regular income, and taxing it as such. So your theory needs work.

Well if Warren Buffett, Matt Damon, and all their friends that want higher taxes donate enough then what's the problem?

The solution for today isn't 'higher taxes' any more than the solution in 2003 was 'lower taxes'.

The solution remains 'fair taxes'.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget balanced by law and then build a society that you can proudly give to your children.

Complex taxes = Corruption.
Google Search: U S Tax Law :eek:

Last edited:

The solution for today isn't 'higher taxes' any more than the solution in 2003 was 'lower taxes'.

Fair taxes, a budget balanced by law and then build a society that you can proudly give to your children.

The only "fair" tax is no tax at all.

I'll grant you that "0" is a fair number for all to pay, but I prefer a society and all it's trappings, like time to do something besides acquire and prepare food, don't you?

"7" is a fair number... how about every legal being pay a 7% income tax and a 7% sales tax? If everyone chipped in their fair share, we could have our cake and eat it too, ass-u-me-ing a balanced budget law was passed in the following breath.

Sounds as fair as "0" to me and we still get to share things like roads and bridges.

I'll grant you that "0" is a fair number for all to pay, but I prefer a society and all it's trappings, like time to do something besides acquire and prepare food, don't you?

"7" is a fair number... how about every legal being pay a 7% income tax and a 7% sales tax? If everyone chipped in their fair share, we could have our cake and eat it too, ass-u-me-ing a balanced budget law was passed in the following breath.

Sounds as fair as "0" to me and we still get to share things like roads and bridges.

I don't pay taxes to McDonald's and yet they're still there to prepare food for me if I so choose to give them my business. There's no reason why we would have to go back to a hunter-gatherer society with no income tax, or any replacement for it, and in fact we'd have more money to spend on food. We also had roads and bridges before the income tax as well.

I don't pay taxes to McDonald's and yet they're still there to prepare food for me if I so choose to give them my business. There's no reason why we would have to go back to a hunter-gatherer society with no income tax, or any replacement for it, and in fact we'd have more money to spend on food. We also had roads and bridges before the income tax as well.

You didn't specify 'income tax'.

There are only two types of roads built: roads funded by tax payers and shared by all and roads funded by private interests and charged for use accordingly.

There are some projects that We, The People should fund and own collectively.

Government is not THE answer but it is AN answer and only a fool leaves so powerful a tool unused because it burned him once.

As most of the media goes gaga over Billionaire Obama fundraiser Warren Buffett calling for tax hikes, (like he did in 2001, and 2004, and plenty of times in between), let’s remember a few things.

Buffett regularly lobbies for higher estate taxes. He also has repeatedly bought up family businesses forced to sell because the heirs’ death-tax bill exceeded the business’s liquid assets. He owns life insurance companies that rely on the death tax in order to sell their estate-planning businesses.

Buffett made about a billion dollars off of the Wall Street bailout by investing in Goldman Sachs on the assumption Uncle Sam would bail it out. He also is planning investments in ethanol giant ADM and government-contracting leviathan General Dynamics.

If your businesses’ revenue comes from the U.S. Treasury, of course you want more wealth.

So now we see why Warren Buffett supports higher taxes. If he really wanted his taxes raised for principled reasons he would be free to send a donation of any amount he wanted to the federal government.
YOU. are a fucking idiot. He is trying to show the real problem. YOU are too stupid to see the problem or care to implement a solution. Enjoy your demise. I hope you like soup.
Idiot.

Yes, allow business to plan around things like expansion and R&D, rather getting around tax code.

You didn't specify 'income tax'.

There are only two types of roads built: roads funded by tax payers and shared by all and roads funded by private interests and charged for use accordingly.

There are some projects that We, The People should fund and own collectively.

Government is not THE answer but it is AN answer and only a fool leaves so powerful a tool unused because it burned him once.

Well I see all taxation as theft, but I thought we were discussing the income tax specifically since you mentioned the fair tax. There really isn't anything that "The People" can own collectively. How do I exercise my share of the ownership of something that we all own? It's impossible.

YOU. are a fucking idiot. He is trying to show the real problem. YOU are too stupid to see the problem or care to implement a solution. Enjoy your demise. I hope you like soup.
Idiot.

I hope my demise comes after the soup, otherwise I might not be able to enjoy it as much.

Um, Warren Buffet supports counting capital gains as regular income, and taxing it as such. So your theory needs work.

Does Warren get all the tax policy changes that Warren wants? NO! Warren is HOPING that the DEMS do the ONE and ONLY silly thing they CONSTANTLY harp on --- which is to somehow damage the Bush cuts.. If that's all they have the balls and brains to do -- Warren wins...

Yes, allow business to plan around things like expansion and R&D, rather getting around tax code.

Give business a tax code that is predictable and fair and watch America blossom!

Forum List

Back