Stolen Valor

Most medals that people claim to have are those that generally give some type of benefit.

I mean.........does anyone really care if you've earned a Good Conduct Medal, or Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal? Not really, because those are individual awards that don't really mean anything to anyone other than the person who earned them.

Things like the Navy Achievement Medal (I have 3), are also the same. Yeah, it sounds good that you earned them, but it doesn't really mean anything to very many people other than the person that earned the award, and in the Navy, generally only counts towards advancement points on the Navy Advancement Exams.

The stuff that you'd tell people in the civilian community? Benefits. CMoH and the Purple Heart are two that people like to claim because they give tangible benefits.

But..........I've also seen stupid people here in Amarillo. Caught one guy running around with urban cammies and had a gold Budweiser (SEAL symbol that says you are one) pinned on his chest, WEARING TENNIS SHOES!!!!!

I walked up (was still active duty at the time) and asked what team he was with as I've got a couple of good friends who I served with on the East Coast who were SEALS. He stated that he really wasn't one, he just liked to wear the outfit to pick up women. I then showed him my ID card and asked him if he'd like to discuss it further outside. He left quick.

Now, for something like the idiot wearing the Budweiser, a simple ass chewing and laughing at should suffice.

For those that use a fake status to gain employment or other benefits? Hang 'em from the yardarm and keel haul them, because they DIDN'T EARN THE BENEFITS!

I mean......wouldn't you want a doctor who is practicing medicine without a degree and a license to be put in jail?

How's about a lawyer?

The same consideration should be given to the military. Don't claim it if you ain't earned it. I had to put up with a lot of stuff that on occasion I would have rather done without for my entire adult life so that I could have that title.

I earned it.

still waiting for intense to man up.

::yawn::

This is the Post Fuck Tard. Excuse Me if I have zero interest in watching You fight Your way out of a paper bag.

One time... just to clear this up for you, because you obviously are easily confused... here is a synopsis:

4/2 10:05AM Post #30 by ME... stating that Kerry HAD signed a SF180
4/2 10:12AM Post #31 by YOU... saying that I was wrong about that
4/2 4:29PM Post #33 by ME proving you wrong, asking you to be a man and admit it
4/2 9:30PM Post #36 by YOU completely ignoring post #33.
4/3 10:38AM Post #39 by ME announcing that I was still waiting for you to be a man
4/3 2:34PM Post #40 by YOU finally admitting that you had been wrong.

fight you way out of THAT paperbag, asshole.:lol:

Hey Piss Ant Drama Queen.... Ya You! Penis breath! Got Your attention ... Good!

Post #40 was the first time I was on line and had a chance to respond to Your Post.
I did address the Issue. See at the time it went down, I just got so tired of waiting for the Asshole to sign it. I lost interest so I stopped following the Soap Opera. If not for the Swifties pressing it probably would never happened. So there's something else to thank them for. You are Right. He Finally signed it.

The rest You twist like a pretzel. Post #33was responded to in #40, immediately after having read it. #36 & #39 were read all at the same time. They suggest that You have little patience and consideration for others? Do You have problems with Premature Ejaculation and/or Stalking??? We can Surely help You with that here.

P.S. It is wrong to assume that Someone is ignoring what they had not yet seen. That was My original point to Your two unnecessary Posts.

Last edited:
This is the Post Fuck Tard. Excuse Me if I have zero interest in watching You fight Your way out of a paper bag.

One time... just to clear this up for you, because you obviously are easily confused... here is a synopsis:

4/2 4:29PM Post #33 by ME proving you wrong, asking you to be a man and admit it
4/3 10:38AM Post #39 by ME announcing that I was still waiting for you to be a man

Post #40 was the first time I was on line and had a chance to respond to Your Post.
I did address the Issue. See at the time it went down, I just got so tired of waiting for the Asshole to sign it. I lost interest so I stopped following the Soap Opera. If not for the Swifties pressing it probably would never happened. So there's something else to thank them for. You are Right. He Finally signed it.

The rest You twist like a pretzel. Post #33was responded to in #40, immediately after having read it. #36 & #39 were read all at the same time. They suggest that You have little patience and consideration for others? Do You have problems with Premature Ejaculation and/or Stalking??? We can Surely help You with that here.

P.S. It is wrong to assume that Someone is ignoring what they had not yet seen. That was My original point to Your two unnecessary Posts.

you really are dumber than a sack of hair. Post #40 was NOT the first time you were online and had a chance to respond to my post. Clearly... you were online to post #36 in that same thread, just three posts AFTER #33 which was the post that asked for you to admit you were wrong. you are trying to say that you were online to read post #34 and respond to it in post #36, but somehow you WEREN'T online to read post #33 which is the post immediately above the one that you DID respond to?

the timeline proves you are wrong. Just like you were wrong about Kerry and his SF180. You just have a hard time admitting what a fuckup you really are. I understand. you don't really need to tapdance anymore about this. you are a loser with precious little integrity. I got it.

you really are dumber than a sack of hair. Post #40 was NOT the first time you were online and had a chance to respond to my post. Clearly... you were online to post #36 in that same thread, just three posts AFTER #33 which was the post that asked for you to admit you were wrong. you are trying to say that you were online to read post #34 and respond to it in post #36, but somehow you WEREN'T online to read post #33 which is the post immediately above the one that you DID respond to?

the timeline proves you are wrong. Just like you were wrong about Kerry and his SF180. You just have a hard time admitting what a fuckup you really are. I understand. you don't really need to tapdance anymore about this. you are a loser with precious little integrity. I got it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are pathetic. You really need a warning sign to wan off Innocents. Now take Your damn Meds., and play with Yourself in Private, not in public on the boards you sack of shit, I say that affectionately. Stop wasting My time, I can't help You with Your reading disabilities.

You can keep Kerry and Ollie both. Ollie was a disgrace to the Marine uniform. No amount of turning a buck off of his military connections will ever change that.

Pussy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you come by being a douchenozzle naturally, or do you have to work at it? What's with the name calling? If that is the best you have, you lost the argument. Oliver North sold weapons to terrorists as a bargain to free hostages......and you hold him up as a model Marine and some sort of patriotic, conservative icon. No thanks. My conservatism has too much integrity to include a self promoting, money grubbing lackey using his former Marine status for gain. I appreciate that he appreciates the troops. That being said, he disgraced himself by his actions and no amount of sucking up will redeem him for that. You can have him if you want him.

I seriously doubt You have the bottom line on North. Your argument is based in incomplete information and speculation, which does not contribute to accuracy. Your conclusion is flawed.

Do you come by being a douchenozzle naturally, or do you have to work at it? What's with the name calling? If that is the best you have, you lost the argument. Oliver North sold weapons to terrorists as a bargain to free hostages......and you hold him up as a model Marine and some sort of patriotic, conservative icon. No thanks. My conservatism has too much integrity to include a self promoting, money grubbing lackey using his former Marine status for gain. I appreciate that he appreciates the troops. That being said, he disgraced himself by his actions and no amount of sucking up will redeem him for that. You can have him if you want him.

I seriously doubt You have the bottom line on North. Your argument is based in incomplete information and speculation, which does not contribute to accuracy. Your conclusion is flawed.

I'm pretty sure that Maineman means the Iran Contra affair. Incidentally, I'd trust his assessment of the situation over yours because of the plain and simple fact that Maineman was an officer in the Navy, probably during that time, and he'd have some information on it that you wouldn't.

CDRs are like that........but, that's because a lot of them command warships.

As far as North being anything but a grade a colon jouster? I happen to think he's a pillow biter of the first water, because he's in cahoots with Hannity, and their so called charity for vets of the Iraq war isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

I'm pretty sure that Maineman means the Iran Contra affair. Incidentally, I'd trust his assessment of the situation over yours because of the plain and simple fact that Maineman was an officer in the Navy, probably during that time, and he'd have some information on it that you wouldn't.

CDRs are like that........but, that's because a lot of them command warships.

As far as North being anything but a grade a colon jouster? I happen to think he's a pillow biter of the first water, because he's in cahoots with Hannity, and their so called charity for vets of the Iraq war isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

That's KWC57 not MaineMan. The one thing that will alway's come to mind about North is "Fall Guy". Designated Sacrificial Lamb". Was Ollie operating outside of the box? Yeah.
Was He the Master Mind? No. Were Blue Blood Asses saved ? Yeah.

Do I personally condone all that is done in the world of Spy V.S. Spy? No.
Was Contra bigger than Ollie North? Yes. Me thinks the Dragon has many heads.

Just Curious, What's Your take on the U.S.S. Forrestal Accident 7-29-67? I remember seeing conflicting reports as to which Jet fired the missile that started the fire. I have not been able to track down that report since? USS Forrestal The Tragic Fire - July 29, 1967

I am still looking for it.

In reference to the Privileged, they will always have information before the spin is applied, that may be a good thing, and it also may be part of the problem.

Forrestal was way before my time, I was born in 1964 and most of the stuff I'd heard about it was only in training, and the cause was only tangentaly referred to.

Forrestal was way before my time, I was born in 1964 and most of the stuff I'd heard about it was only in training, and the cause was only tangentaly referred to.

Here are 3 Videos. Sometimes Shit Happens, huh.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chuiyXQKw3I]YouTube - USS Forrestal Mishap July 29, 1967[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK7RGpSlJ7Y&feature=related]YouTube - Forrestal Disaster (Aircraft Carrier Explosion) - 5/5[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvZH7wtzY_Q&feature=related]YouTube - Forrestal Disaster (Aircraft Carrier Explosion) - 4/5[/ame]

It's also one of the reasons why I think that 9/11 truthers are full of crap. Did you realize that a lot of aircraft have magnesium parts? Incidentally, when that stuff catches fire, it makes it's own oxygen and burns at a couple thousand degrees.

That's why they had to throw the planes over the side, otherwise they would have burned straight through the ship.

Think about how many magnesium parts are in a commercial aircraft, and then you can see why the steel melted.

It's also one of the reasons why I think that 9/11 truthers are full of crap. Did you realize that a lot of aircraft have magnesium parts? Incidentally, when that stuff catches fire, it makes it's own oxygen and burns at a couple thousand degrees.

That's why they had to throw the planes over the side, otherwise they would have burned straight through the ship.

Think about how many magnesium parts are in a commercial aircraft, and then you can see why the steel melted.

I was in a Chemical Company in a Volunteer Fire Department, for a little while, way back when. I worked with foam, various Navy nozzles and extenders. It's not easy to deal with, thats a given, on a moving deck, that's not a plus. That wasn't the point though, though things went from bad to worse fast, there are many learned lessons there. Fire Fighting is big on learning from mistakes, rather than repeating them. Magnesium=Freon's if I remember right.

Where the Myth's start to kick in have to do with source. What started the fire? Accusations about McCain "Wet Starting His A4-E causing a fire ball that triggered the Zuni Rocket launch real or imagined? Would it even have had any effect at all? We weren't there.

McCain was the only non-wounded immediately transferred in real time to the USS Oriskany, along with the wounded. I would ask why? I know the McCain name is like Royalty in the Navy, and rightly earned. He did use up more than a few free passes.

FactCheck.org: Did McCain crash five planes? Did he cause the 1967 Forrestal fire?

At the time of this incident Lt. Cdr. McCain already had flown several bombing missions over North Vietnam from the aircraft carrier USS Forrestal. As he was in his A-4 Skyhawk, loaded with two, 1,000-pound bombs and waiting on the carrier deck for his turn to launch, a Zuni missile accidentally fired from another aircraft, swooshed across the carrier deck and struck either McCain's plane or one next to it.

That triggered a fire and a series of bomb and missile explosions that killed 134 sailors. McCain himself barely escaped alive. He quickly leaped from his plane into the pool of burning jet fuel that immediately surrounded him. About 90 seconds later he was blown 15 feet back when the first bomb “cooked off” and exploded, killing several nearby firefighters.

I was in a Chemical Company in a Volunteer Fire Department, for a little while, way back when. I worked with foam, various Navy nozzles and extenders. It's not easy to deal with, thats a given, on a moving deck, that's not a plus. That wasn't the point though, though things went from bad to worse fast, there are many learned lessons there. Fire Fighting is big on learning from mistakes, rather than repeating them. Magnesium=Freon's if I remember right.

Where the Myth's start to kick in have to do with source. What started the fire? Accusations about McCain "Wet Starting His A4-E causing a fire ball that triggered the Zuni Rocket launch real or imagined? Would it even have had any effect at all? We weren't there.

McCain was the only non-wounded immediately transferred in real time to the USS Oriskany, along with the wounded. I would ask why? I know the McCain name is like Royalty in the Navy, and rightly earned. He did use up more than a few free passes.

Magnesium is a light metal that is stronger than aluminum. It's white to greyish white, and when it burns, it gives off WHITE smoke, class Delta fire.

If you want to see what it looks like when it burns, check out a road flare sometime.

Yep, that was one big mess on the Forrestal, and it's a lesson that the Navy will never forget.

Matter of fact, on my very first ship I was a member of the at sea fire party. We were issued red hats (the rest of the crew wore blue), and whenever there was a drill or actual fire, we were allowed to run over whoever was in our way when we were going to the fire.

But, the reason I brought up the magnesium thing? It burns at 1500-2000 degrees, which is more than enough to melt the steel where the planes hit the WTC.

You are pathetic. You really need a warning sign to wan off Innocents. Now take Your damn Meds., and play with Yourself in Private, not in public on the boards you sack of shit, I say that affectionately. Stop wasting My time, I can't help You with Your reading disabilities.

use all the smilies you want...the timeline clearly shows you to be disingenuous liar.... which was my only point all along. The only meds I take are for my heart disease... other than that, I am perfectly fine, and, without DOUBT have forgotten more in my life than you have ever known. no go away. you bore me.

You can keep Kerry and Ollie both. Ollie was a disgrace to the Marine uniform. No amount of turning a buck off of his military connections will ever change that.

Pussy!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will keep Ollie. Kerry should go straight to the Swifties, apologize, and come clean. He can start with Standard Form 180.

kerry actually signed an SF180. Bush did not. Any documentation surroundig Bush's failure to follow a direct order to take a flight physical have been "lost" somehow in the national guard's paper warehouse. hmmmmmmm.

Maybe dan rather can find it. democrats are great at creating fiction.

I would say that the people who died to defend the bill of rights might be sickened by the abuse the stolen valor law heaps on that bill.

Yes, falsely claiming you are a decorated combat vet is pathetic, but then the exposure itself should be humiliating. No one who falsely claims to have earned medal can cry foul when mocked after it is shown they are a fraud. That should be the punishment, not more legal repression by the central government.
I agree.

I wish you military guys would drive US Army Retired off the board, what a phony fuck he is.

I know... for some reason, none of them say anything to 'him'.

I assume that he was drummed out of the corps because he couldn't cut it.

And now he's playing the game of wrapping himself in the flag as though he's God's gift to patriotism.

Guys like him are a dime a dozen in VFW tap rooms.

use all the smilies you want...the timeline clearly shows you to be disingenuous liar.... which was my only point all along. The only meds I take are for my heart disease... other than that, I am perfectly fine, and, without DOUBT have forgotten more in my life than you have ever known. no go away. you bore me.

What it shows is you using a post that was clearly from Me addressed to Someone other than You as a reference to Me ignoring You, which I was not. This argument is beyond absurd. I know You are used to having Your way in things, but that is past and not relevant here. You claimed Kerry signed Standard Form #180. I acknowledged Your claim. You are caught up in Ego and Vanity which may play well in Your Circle, but not to Me. God, Liberty, Country. Where does Your argument fit? You still fail to see the truth that My first response to seeing Your claim proved was an acknowledgement. 86 the Pride and go back and follow the chain soberly. I despise Kerry, that won't change. Your assumption about My ignoring Your Post or delaying My response is false. Nothing will change that. Suck it up and get over it Sailor.

Magnesium is a light metal that is stronger than aluminum. It's white to greyish white, and when it burns, it gives off WHITE smoke, class Delta fire.

If you want to see what it looks like when it burns, check out a road flare sometime.

Yep, that was one big mess on the Forrestal, and it's a lesson that the Navy will never forget.

Matter of fact, on my very first ship I was a member of the at sea fire party. We were issued red hats (the rest of the crew wore blue), and whenever there was a drill or actual fire, we were allowed to run over whoever was in our way when we were going to the fire.

But, the reason I brought up the magnesium thing? It burns at 1500-2000 degrees, which is more than enough to melt the steel where the planes hit the WTC.

We dealt with Mag's on the muscle cars way back in the 70's, LOL. Miss those day's. If I remember correctly there were freons that worked well on them. Here is a good link.

If there is a fire

Magnesium fires are spectacular because they give off a bright light and billowing clouds of white smoke. The white smoke is magnesium oxide which, by itself, is non-toxic, but inhalation should be avoided since excessive amounts can produce metal fume fever symptoms. One must also recognize the possibility that toxic fumes from other sources could be in the smoke.

Your best chance to control any fire is to catch it while it is young, and magnesium is no exception. Fires in dry magnesium particulate will burn rather slowly and evenly, but can flare up quickly if disturbed – or if moisture or cutting oils are present.

Smothering agents

Magnesium burns by direct oxidation and so the only way to control a magnesium fire is to "smother" it with dry, air-excluding agents – or let it burn to extinction. Faced with a fire that is out of control, firefighters may have to resort to damage control of adjacent structures.

Suitable "smothering agents" for magnesium fires are:
· Dry G-1 Powder;
· Met-L-X Powder;
· Magnesium Foundry Flux;
· Proprietary Materials that are specific to magnesium.

In confined areas, such as a storage tank, magnesium fires may be suppressed with argon.

Never use water on a magnesium fire

Water should never be used on a magnesium fire because the water will dissociate into oxygen and hydrogen, accelerating the fire and creating an explosion hazard.

Many conventional extinguishing agents will also accelerate a magnesium fire, including:
· foam;
· carbon dioxide;
· halogenated agents;
· certain dry chemicals containing mono or diammonium phosphate;
· sand.

Magnesium . com - Data Bank

What it shows is you using a post that was clearly from Me addressed to Someone other than You as a reference to Me ignoring You, which I was not. This argument is beyond absurd. I know You are used to having Your way in things, but that is past and not relevant here. You claimed Kerry signed Standard Form #180. I acknowledged Your claim. You are caught up in Ego and Vanity which may play well in Your Circle, but not to Me. God, Liberty, Country. Where does Your argument fit? You still fail to see the truth that My first response to seeing Your claim proved was an acknowledgement. 86 the Pride and go back and follow the chain soberly. I despise Kerry, that won't change. Your assumption about My ignoring Your Post or delaying My response is false. Nothing will change that. Suck it up and get over it Sailor.

what the chain shows is that the post from someone else that you replied to was the one IMMEDIATELY below mine on the page... for you to say that you did not know of it is patently ridiculous... you had to scan right over it to get to the one you subsequently read and replied to. As I said, I am assuming nothing. You were online, reading in this very thread and for you to claim that you read this thread and replied to a post in it but somehow were totally unaware of other posts immediately adjacent to it is silly. And if you had merely responded belatedly to my proof of Kerry's SF180 admitting that you had been wrong, and not posted the follow-on post insulting me, we wouldn't still be talking about it asshole. got it? good. Lick your wounds in private from here on out.

Pretending to be a decorated soldier? He should have "moron" tattooed across his forehead.

Sometimes, the ACLU takes up a case because the law may not be completely clear. I know Republicans scream their hatred for the ACLU, but half of all their cases support Republicans. Even Sean Hannity was represented by the ACLU.

News Hounds: Sean Hannity Omits Key Details Of Past Job Dismissal ? And ACLU Assistance!

Speaking of fake medals.

george_bush_uniform.jpg

rdean, you never cease to amaze me. You even have to cheapen this thread with your vile hatred and lies. Neg rep will be coming as soon as I have more rep to spread around. You betcha!

It is my pleasure to undertake the task of negging the little shit.

Don't shoot the messenger:

George W. Bush Wore a Ribbon He Did Not Earn - Democratic Underground

NGB22.jpg

The awards listed here are the Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon and the National Defense Service Medal, but no mention is made of the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award.

Forum List

Back