Stocks reach 18 month high

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
CNNMoney.com Market Report - Mar. 17, 2010

Stocks end at 18-month highs
By Alexandra Twin, senior writerMarch 17, 2010: 6:04 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks rallied Wednesday, with the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500 all closing at new fresh 2010 highs, after the U.S. and Japanese central banks chose to keep interest rates low and the Senate passed a key jobs bill.

The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) added 48 points, or 0.6%, closing at 10,733.67. It was the highest close since 10,831.07 on Oct. 1, 2008.

Last edited:
Great news for those retirees who were living off their portfolio. 401K is starting to get back into shape.

I may be able to retire after all

Great news for those retirees who were living off their portfolio. 401K is starting to get back into shape.

Anyone who still has their money in the stock market at the time of their retirement instead of in safe investments is a complete idiot.

Yup. Any buyers out there?

tamiflu-secret-stocks.jpg

Anyone who still has their money in the stock market at the time of their retirement instead of in safe investments is a complete idiot.

Yea...those 1.5% CDs really keep you in a ritzy lifestyle

Your mattress would do just as well

So the rich are getting richer.

How is employment and wages doing, you know, the things that actually matter?

You really are an idiot aren't you?

You put your money in the stock market when you are young for the long term when you can take the risk. Then as you get older you start moving your funds out of the stock market into safer investments so you aren't risking all your money.

And why on earth do you need a ritzy lifestyle in retirement? Simple is cheap and alot less stressful.

You really are an idiot aren't you?

You put your money in the stock market when you are young for the long term when you can take the risk. Then as you get older you start moving your funds out of the stock market into safer investments so you aren't risking all your money.

And why on earth do you need a ritzy lifestyle in retirement? Simple is cheap and alot less stressful.

Not me.

Still got half in the market. I'm willing to take some risk while I'm still breathing. Like I said, I'd prefer Mr Mattress to CDs right now. I will move more out of stocks when I have completely retired but will always have at least 25%

So the rich are getting richer.

How is employment and wages doing, you know, the things that actually matter?

70% of Americans own stocks either directly or through retirement funds

Forum List

Back