Stock Plunge Theories

Pavel Svinchnik

Jan 28, 2018
The most prevalent reason given for today's big stock plunge is the coronavirus spread in northern Italy. The secondary reason is Sander's win in Nevada. From my reading on the markets, it seems like a lot of people thought the markets were overbought and were looking for a reason for a correction. Any other observations?

We'll have to wait and see. After Super Tuesday comes and Sanders solidifies his position, there will be a lot of damage control in this nation.

The most prevalent reason given for today's big stock plunge is the coronavirus spread in northern Italy. The secondary reason is Sander's win in Nevada. From my reading on the markets, it seems like a lot of people thought the markets were overbought and were looking for a reason for a correction. Any other observations?
Sanders? Check your history. The markets often take precipitous drops during Republican administrations, Hoover's, Reagan's and Bush II's to name a few. Sanders may actually save the market by instilling a feeling that we're being led by an adult instead of a narcissistic child.

Sanders? Check your history. The markets often take precipitous drops during Republican administrations, Hoover's, Reagan's and Bush II's to name a few. Sanders may actually save the market by instilling a feeling that we're being led by an adult instead of a narcissistic child.

Sanders may actually save the market by instilling a feeling that we're being led by an adult instead of a narcissistic child.

He'll save the market by killing the greedy kulaks, eh?

The most prevalent reason given for today's big stock plunge is the coronavirus spread in northern Italy.

Is it true Pope Benny got the coronavirus?

He supposed to be the last Pope...

... an' den Jesus gonna come back...

... an' it gonna be the end o' the world!

Probably see yuge volatility until everyone gets sick and recovers from the chi com bio weapon....and bernie is robbed of democracy at the dEm coronation convention

Coronation Corona Virus

Plan accordingly

/——-/ “instead of a narcissistic child.”
Obozo is no longer President, thank God.

LOLz!!!

From the AOC school of economics

Great point......except none of the facts support it. Sanders will be terrible for the economy by all people’s account, and the market has soared under Trump. So other than getting all the facts wrong, great post.

The market has been expanding into bubble territory for most of Trump’s term, and it has been pushed by Fed policy. I read an article last week that at least one man’s opinion is the fair value of the DJIA is around 24,000. As I post this, DOW futures still show we are about 1200 above that level. However the author also stressed that markets don’t just retreat back to fair value. They usually run past fair value by 25%-50%. I am looking for a bottom between 17,000 and 19,000.

Perspective... the market for the past 5 years.
See that tiny little downward blip at the end?

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!
I BETTER GO BUY MILK AND BREAD!!!!!!!
AAAUUUGH!!!!

stock.JPG

LOLz!!!
Trump may have the top eight absolute losses on his record, but in % loss he doesn't make the Top 10. However we don't get a Democrat until #10.

Date One-day % loss President

Oct. 19, 1987 22.6% Ronald Reagan
Oct. 28, 1929 12.8% Herbert Hoover
Oct. 29, 1929 11.7% Herbert Hoover
Nov. 6, 1929 9.9% Herbert Hoover
Dec. 18, 1899 8.7% William McKinley
Aug. 12, 1932 8.4% Herbert Hoover
March 14,1907 8.3% Theodore Roosevelt
Oct. 26, 1987 8.0% Ronald Reagan
Oct. 15, 2008 7.9% George W. Bush
July 21, 1933 7.8% Franklin D. Roosevelt

LOLz!!!
Trump may have the top eight absolute losses on his record, but in % loss he doesn't make the Top 10. However we don't get a Democrat until #10.

Date One-day % loss President

Oct. 19, 1987 22.6% Ronald Reagan
Oct. 28, 1929 12.8% Herbert Hoover
Oct. 29, 1929 11.7% Herbert Hoover
Nov. 6, 1929 9.9% Herbert Hoover
Dec. 18, 1899 8.7% William McKinley
Aug. 12, 1932 8.4% Herbert Hoover
March 14,1907 8.3% Theodore Roosevelt
Oct. 26, 1987 8.0% Ronald Reagan
Oct. 15, 2008 7.9% George W. Bush
July 21, 1933 7.8% Franklin D. Roosevelt
/----/ I blame you and Bernie Sanders for the sell-off.

idiot award.jpg

The 800 lb gorillas in the room are usually insurance companies who have their paid in premiums parked in the stock market.

Forum List

Back