good or bad?

• good

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • bad

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

rickm19

Mar 3, 2015
So I'm debating in my own mind if the stock market is a drain on society or if it is beneficial...
We put money in for long term investments in companies.. if they go under we loose out. All it is is people playing with other people's money to try to either better the world with great inventions or make a quick buck. I personally don't see much benefit in it when most middle class people who are invested through investing companies loose their life savings or loose more than what they put in to into because the economy is in shambles or the companies they are vested in go under or just get greedy and sell out. Although I do believe in investing in the companies that will better this world and help sustain things. So why should we rely on a fluctuating market to hopefully have a nest egg for when we retire?

So I'm debating in my own mind if the stock market is a drain on society or if it is beneficial...
We put money in for long term investments in companies.. if they go under we loose out. All it is is people playing with other people's money to try to either better the world with great inventions or make a quick buck. I personally don't see much benefit in it when most middle class people who are invested through investing companies loose their life savings or loose more than what they put in to into because the economy is in shambles or the companies they are vested in go under or just get greedy and sell out. Although I do believe in investing in the companies that will better this world and help sustain things. So why should we rely on a fluctuating market to hopefully have a nest egg for when we retire?
i think the market numbers are false. A true growing market needs a growing population and the birth rate does not support current or predicted future economics.

Look at those societies with no stock market.

I personally don't see much benefit in it when most middle class people who are invested through investing companies loose their life savings or loose more than what they put in to into

Wow! Bad info.

So why should we rely on a fluctuating market to hopefully have a nest egg for when we retire?

You shouldn't. You should give your money to politicians instead, they'll take care of it for you.

bloody hell

stock market great LOL

if you know what you are doing

hey...any inside tips? bawahahahahhaha

bloody hell

stock market great LOL

if you know what you are doing

hey...any inside tips? bawahahahahhaha

Do not invest in Berkshire Hathaway. If you use its own published buying criteria it is a screaming short that can teach you that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

I just want a nice house by the sea....

and travel all over the world.....

once or twice a year.....

and great clothes ...shoes and underwear all lace and beautiful..etc

so

where in the stock market shall I look huh? (not that I look at all:p:D)

LOL...just curious LOL

gotta make conversation...before iran war explodes...

small talk shit

Today's stock market is bullshit and hardly indicative of either the health of any one individual company or the economy in general. Obama printed and dumped $58 billion per month and drove interest rates to zero.

Where the hell else were investors to turn butt the stock market? :dunno:

The stock market is an instrument of social Darwinism and therefore very good.
Well I don't see how it is an instrument of social darwinism. It can make people lazy by sitting there playing with money. What happens when all those people making that money disappear? Oh yeah that is when the robots takeover right but wait robots can't invest lol? I mean obviously the stock market is a thinking man's game. So in a sense it would be. Guess I'm just not a huge fan of people taking advantage of it..

Today's stock market is bullshit and hardly indicative of either the health of any one individual company or the economy in general. Obama printed and dumped $58 billion per month and drove interest rates to zero.

Where the hell else were investors to turn butt the stock market? :dunno:

well ...gotta keep your eyes open...(not me LOL becauase I know shit about the market...but those who do ...:) )))

look here ...look there...look everywhere...

I personally don't see much benefit in it when most middle class people who are invested through investing companies loose their life savings or loose more than what they put in to into

Wow! Bad info.

So why should we rely on a fluctuating market to hopefully have a nest egg for when we retire?

You shouldn't. You should give your money to politicians instead, they'll take care of it for you.

BAD info?.. when the stock market crashes what happens??? It takes years to recoup if it's even possible to break even. Now granted that is few and far in between but almost guaranteed to happen in our lifetime.

Yeah they already take about half of our money... haha

Wow! Bad info.

BAD info?.. when the stock market crashes what happens??? It takes years to recoup if it's even possible to break even. Now granted that is few and far in between but almost guaranteed to happen in our lifetime.

The winnowing out of get rich quick idiots transfers the money to people who are able to use it productively.

Wow! Bad info.

The winnowing out of get rich quick idiots transfers the money to people who are able to use it productively.

do not fear or cry or whatever..

idiots will never gain

welfare is the most the can wish for....
oh well

With all the balanced portfolio threads in this forum well disciplined idiots can in fact gain but not solely based on US equities.

The stock market is a great way to save for the long term.

Short term trading is gambling. If that is your goal, go to Vegas and play crap (lowest house edge if you know how to bet!), at least there you'll get free drinks!

Wow! Bad info.

Wow! Bad info.

So in other words the scam artists put out false information to steal from the people just trying to get ahead? Lol
I get people think the get rich quick people are bad when really it is just desperation to have their fair share because the rich have all the fancy toys and tend to like to rub those toys in... that is really a a vicious cycle. I understand both sides though. But as a great man once said our rewards in life will be in equal proportion to our contributions. That don't just apply to finances.

Forum List

Back