Stimgatist from Italy

Someone should have restrained her so she couldn't continue to injure herself.

Is stigmata a catholic thing only or all christians believe it?

It seems to be a Catholic thing. South American Catholics have a lot of visions and the like, but I think a lot of the indian tribes and mestizos are the demographics most prone to such things, as they are still half-pagan for the most part and hold on to local pagan rites and superstitions. The evangelical equivalents would be snake handlers, speaking in tongues, and Pentecostal type churches.

I don't refer to them as 'Protestant' because most of them are not, they are 'anti-Protestant' denominations; Protestants are Lutherans, Anglicans, Calvinists, and Episcopalians, and with the exception of Calvinists are still basically Catholic in rites and beliefs, they just reject Papal authority and don't send any money to Rome.

It seems to be a Catholic thing. South American Catholics have a lot of visions and the like, but I think a lot of the indian tribes and mestizos are the demographics most prone to such things, as they are still half-pagan for the most part and hold on to local pagan rites and superstitions. The evangelical equivalents would be snake handlers, speaking in tongues, and Pentecostal type churches.

I don't refer to them as 'Protestant' because most of them are not, they are 'anti-Protestant' denominations; Protestants are Lutherans, Anglicans, Calvinists, and Episcopalians, and with the exception of Calvinists are still basically Catholic in rites and beliefs, they just reject Papal authority and don't send any money to Rome.

Why would that be pagan if you have a vision or speak in tongues the apostles did otherwise you are closer to atheism if you think that's superstition

Why would that be pagan if you have a vision or speak in tongues the apostles did otherwise you are closer to atheism if you think that's superstition

I'm not a Christian and have never claimed to be. I admire what that movement generated and what it's theology represents, and I'm also very lucky to have been born in a Christian dominant country as well, as are any Europeans. The social revolutions it has spawned are the best so far, and the historical record shows that. Most people who speak in tongues are not apostles, for one, and for two, a lot of it is just emotional release and religious hysteria, not necessarily bad, but also not necessarily god either; lots of sects try and blend pagan superstitions into Christian worship rites, same as Gnostics like to work fake doctrines into theology, in an attempt to rewrite the Canons into something they want to turn it into.

The fact is the orthodoxy was the original norm in the very beginning, and remained so, and that holds for Judaism as well as Christianity. As it declines as a cultural influence, so does society, rights, and culture in general. Most of those here who spam the Christian discussion threads with 'atheism' aren't atheists, and they certainly aren't 'rationalists', they're just nutjob pagan materialists whining and sniveling because Judaism and Da Evul Xians frown on their favorite perversions and assorted sicko fetishes, is all. They're sociopaths and psychopaths who hate anything that threatens their compulsive sicknesses and need for mindless self-indulgence.

Its Catholic. Protestants aren't proper Christians and are closer to atheism than God.
The Pope isn't God.
Someone should have restrained her so she couldn't continue to injure herself.
The Catholics are running mental health slaughterhouses and people are making decisions for other people, like the Kennedy Klan who cut out part of JFK's sister Rosemary's brain just to make her more docile and willing to submit to familial abuse and incest.
still basically Catholic in rites and beliefs, they just reject Papal authority and don't send any money to Rome.
There's no way to give such a big hug to the whole world with the word "Catholic" and remain a Christian.

New Topics

Forum List

Back