Still think Trump will get convicted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to arrest those that broke in and trashed the building?

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?it

no proof, just partisan opinion.

Keep in mind, an impeachment trial is not a criminal trial. It doesn't need to prove a crime took place. It only needs to determine if the charged assertions have merit, and if they do, what the penalty should be for it.

So it's entirely opinion, but in this case the charge has nothing to do with 'partisan'.

I am wondering how many court cases will be filed naming Trump as a defendant to charges of reckless endangerment...

A great many could be, including anyone injured or killed at the insurrection. That's entirely separate of course from impeachment, which is strictly to determine the relationship between the impeachee and the office, and not whether a crime took place.

Also vulnerable to such a suit would be those others who joined in the exhortation, including Rump Jr, Rooty, Mo Brooks and Madison Cawthorn, who all spoke at the same rally.

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

It’s true. Trump could shoot a person in the middle of the street aNd get away with it.

I doubt he will get convicted. Not because of proof, but because tbe Republicans are too scared of him.
Yeah, the chances of conviction are pretty small. 17 Republicans risking their necks, figuratively and literally? I don't see it.

Why, is it rally round the anarchist time? Presidents stirring mobs and sending them to the capital is OK with more Republican Senators now? Maybe they are hoping to run for president and want it to be OK for mobs to take over government once in a while. Rubio said impeaching trump was like taking gasoline and pouring it on a fire. I guess that sort of thing is OK for presidents holding rallies only?

Rubio also condoned that yahoo in Texas who sideswiped a car on an interstate highway because it was part of a Biden entourage. That's gonna follow him around.

Fn.,lp

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

Yeah, he is innocent of everything and anything to do with a mob that was invited to a rally on the same day as Congress certifying an election, presidents do it every time don't they?
Presidents always tell a mob for months about election fraud before the election, during the election and after the election, it is a standard procedure.
Presidential campaigns pay people to attend their rallies and allow speeches by people who claim, "we need to kick asses and take back our nation because the Dems cheated and stole it away"(with no evidence that is).

You keep forgetting he wanted a peaceful protest...

WHY do you keep[ forgetting that?
He wanted a WILD protest.

And he watched it for how many hours? Come on. If he didn’t intend he sure did nothing to halt it.

He wanted a WILD protest.

Where did he say that?
December 19th.
“Big protest in DC on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

He used a lot of incendiary language to agitate and anger the crowd against Congress and Pence.

Sure. Whitewash it all and absolve him of any responsibility. What are you going to do the next time, when it is some more competent? Maybe next time it will a leftist populist.

That's it.. I don't want trash like Trump in office ever again and I don't care whether he's a Democrat or Republican.
Totally agree! We dodged the bullet with Trump. We might not with the next one.
Something must be done to keep low life's like Trump away from power..

When you were a kid did you have heroes .. like Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone or even the Lone Ranger and Hopalong or Roy Rodgers? They were all good guys.. honest and brave... high minded.. How is it that NONE of that stuff rubbed off on Trump?

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

It’s true. Trump could shoot a person in the middle of the street aNd get away with it.

I doubt he will get convicted. Not because of proof, but because tbe Republicans are too scared of him.
Yeah, the chances of conviction are pretty small. 17 Republicans risking their necks, figuratively and literally? I don't see it.

Then Trump will split the Republican party.

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

Yeah, he is innocent of everything and anything to do with a mob that was invited to a rally on the same day as Congress certifying an election, presidents do it every time don't they?
Presidents always tell a mob for months about election fraud before the election, during the election and after the election, it is a standard procedure.
Presidential campaigns pay people to attend their rallies and allow speeches by people who claim, "we need to kick asses and take back our nation because the Dems cheated and stole it away"(with no evidence that is).

You keep forgetting he wanted a peaceful protest...

WHY do you keep[ forgetting that?

Because he didn't, so it's not there to "forget".
Actually he kept using terms like "fight" and "be strong".

I thought president Biden called for "decency". Why would they want to convict a former president?

Uh.... because of what he did?

Holy SHIT that was easy. Can we go to Level 2 now?
Hillary's husband is responsible for the deaths of 80 men women and children in the incomprehensible mess at Waco. He molested an intern and then bombed a defenseless country to deflect attention. Can we go to level 2 and consider the failures of the Hussein administration before we start engaging in banana republic politics?

It is all a joke. They Dems are hoping for someone to say something threatening in order to show proof that Pres. Trump was spreading hate rhetoric.
They've done this to Martin Luther King Jr's march to Montgomery from Selma. They were provoking them to do something violent so that they will not enforce the civil rights act of 1964. There were another civil rights act past by congress in the past before this one. But it was never enforced, but was pushed aside and overturned.
But Martin knew what they were up too. And so he told his followers not to respond back to the angry paid protesters.
And what they have done to the Blacks in the past, that they are doing the very same thing to the conservatives.
These people are good at what they do. It is because they have been doing this for centuries.

Trump is no Martin Luther King.
But they are using the same script on him and his supporters, that they've used on Martin's and the rest.

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

Republicans let Trump off the hook
They are stuck with him.

I'm all for it.

Blame Trump for it?

Then Trump will split the Republican party.

And not for long methinks. When Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney (and a few others) took their stance, they're not just taking the high road but also making a political calculation about the future of the party and in Cheney's case, their part in it. That's also why Flashbulb Man (a/k/a Turtle a/k/a McConnell) is being so cagey, he's making the same calculation. I submit that between the Cheney/Romney camp on the one side and the Hawley/Cruz/Graham sycophants on the other, it's the latter camp, not the former, who is taking the risky path.

I thought president Biden called for "decency". Why would they want to convict a former president?

Uh.... because of what he did?

Holy SHIT that was easy. Can we go to Level 2 now?
Hillary's husband is responsible for the deaths of 80 men women and children in the incomprehensible mess at Waco. He molested an intern and then bombed a defenseless country to deflect attention. Can we go to level 2 and consider the failures of the Hussein administration before we start engaging in banana republic politics?

If this is supposed to be Level 2 let's jump to 10. Zero of the above has any relationship or resemblance to sending a mob to storm your own Capitol to prevent the Constitution you swore an Oath to from running its lawful course. Nice try at waddaboutism but it fell on its face.

Why, is it rally round the anarchist time? Presidents stirring mobs and sending them to the capital is OK with more Republican Senators now? Maybe they are hoping to run for president and want it to be OK for mobs to take over government once in a while. Rubio said impeaching trump was like taking gasoline and pouring it on a fire. I guess that sort of thing is OK for presidents holding rallies only?

Rubio is a real chickenshit.. Trump is out to split the party which means they will get clobbered in the next election. Trump doesn't want to be president again.. He wants revenge.

Rubio is a real chickenshit.. Trump is out to split the party which means they will get clobbered in the next election. Trump doesn't want to be president again.. He wants revenge.
81 Million people voted against Trump

Trump Republicans will do no better

47uwy7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back