CDZ Stewart Rhodes: In defense of due process

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers was arrested and charged with "Seditious Conspiracy" by the DOJ based on heavy accusation and scant evidence, which only merely cited his statements on an obscure social media platform during the events on January 6, 2021.

Now, there are those labeling him as a traitor, without ever considering his right to due process. Or the fact that the evidence (or lack thereof) may exonerate him. This is not a defense of the Oath Keepers or their stances, but a defense of his right to due process, which he may never receive--not in court, and not in the mind of a leftist.

One thing to consider in all of this:

He wasn't even at the capitol during the riots, and all of his weapon purchases occurred after the riots had taken place.

This alone pokes holes in the accusations made by the DOJ.

pknopp

Due process is more nuanced than just getting your day in court. The process carries on even after you set foot in the courtroom. It doesn't stop just because you are physically in the presence of a judge and jury of your peers.

Also, I have seen many people on this board in particular already convict this man as a traitor, based on accusations only.

Some convict him because of his political views, some are gullible enough to accept the government's word as sacrosanct and convict him purely based on that.

There is ZERO evidence he will not get a fair trial.

Your faith in the justice system is misplaced.

I have studied what it used to be before the age of mass media and the individual punditry I see going on here right now.

When people considered the facts of the case, not the opinion of superfluous bystanders who have nothing to do with it.

Your faith in the justice system is misplaced.

I have studied what it used to be before the age of mass media and the individual punditry I see going on here right now.

When people considered the facts of the case, not the opinion of superfluous bystanders who have nothing to do with it.

I do not have faith in the justice system. I've been condemning it for years but it's just now an issue?

New Topics

Forum List

Back