Steve Bannon: Trump Firing Comey Was A Big Mistake

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
“If James Comey had not been fired, we would not have a special counsel.”

Steve Bannon, the former chief strategist at the White House, described President Donald Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey as a historic error.

Charlie Rose asked Bannon, appearing on “60 Minutes” in his first televised interview since departing the Trump administration on Aug. 18, if rumors were true that he had described Comey’s firing as the “biggest mistake in political history.”

“That probably would be too bombastic, even for me,” Bannon said, “but maybe modern political history.”

He added that Comey’s departure directly spawned the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller and his investigation into possible collaboration between the Trump administration and Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that if James Comey had not been fired, we would not have a special counsel,” Bannon said. “We would not have the Mueller investigation and the breadth that clearly Mr. Mueller is going for.”

Bannon, largely credited with shaping the White House’s policy since Trump’s inauguration, left the administration last month and returned to Breitbart News, the right-wing website he ran from 2012 until he took a leave of absence in 2016 to join the Trump campaign.

During the interview, Bannon also lambasted the “pearl-clutching mainstream media” and said he is “absolutely” going to war with Republican leaders, whom he said were “trying to nullify the 2016 election.”

More: Steve Bannon Says Trump Firing Comey May Be Biggest Mistake In Modern Politics

I agree! However, Comey is/was an asshole that deserved being fired - but I did not want him fired until after he finished his investigation of Trump - which we didn't even know about until March 20, 2017. But, Trump ended up accidentally achieving two worthwhile objectives: 1. Firing Comey. 2. Appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Steve Bannon, the former chief strategist at the White House, described President Donald Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey as a historic error.

Charlie Rose asked Bannon, appearing on “60 Minutes” in his first televised interview since departing the Trump administration on Aug. 18, if rumors were true that he had described Comey’s firing as the “biggest mistake in political history.”

“That probably would be too bombastic, even for me,” Bannon said, “but maybe modern political history.”

He added that Comey’s departure directly spawned the appointment of special counsel Robert Mueller and his investigation into possible collaboration between the Trump administration and Russia to interfere in the 2016 election.

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that if James Comey had not been fired, we would not have a special counsel,” Bannon said. “We would not have the Mueller investigation and the breadth that clearly Mr. Mueller is going for.”

Bannon, largely credited with shaping the White House’s policy since Trump’s inauguration, left the administration last month and returned to Breitbart News, the right-wing website he ran from 2012 until he took a leave of absence in 2016 to join the Trump campaign.

During the interview, Bannon also lambasted the “pearl-clutching mainstream media” and said he is “absolutely” going to war with Republican leaders, whom he said were “trying to nullify the 2016 election.”

More: Steve Bannon Says Trump Firing Comey May Be Biggest Mistake In Modern Politics

I agree! However, Comey is/was an asshole that deserved being fired - but I did not want him fired until after he finished his investigation of Trump - which we didn't even know about until March 20, 2017. But, Trump ended up accidentally achieving two worthwhile objectives: 1. Firing Comey. 2. Appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
Washington Redskin, you still don't believe theres an "Russian connection" do you? Why don't you go find those bleached servers and there you will find your Russian connection 100% guaranteed… LOL

I think there were politicians calling for a special prosecutor before Comey was fired. I mean who could trust Comey after what he did to Hillary Clinton? After he fired Comey, it was Comey's intent to have a special prosecutor appointed which is why he leaked his memo's.

It's too late now. Trump got on an NBC interview with Lester Holt and admitted to obstruction of Justice.

Well I don't think that Mueller would have convened two special Grand Jury's, beefed up on criminal prosecutors, and money laundering experts, and just last week added the criminal division of the IRS to the investigation team over a "nothing burger." And Trump is under investigation for Obstruction of Justice. But you go ahead and believe what you want too anyway--:badgrin:

STEVE BANNON and others turned Trump into what they wanted him to be during the campaign season. It's as simple as that. Trump as a T.V. Reality star and accustomed to acting fit the bill. IOW you were simply taken by a CON MAN with the help of Steve Bannon and all the right wing talk show hosts that you're attached at the hip too.

Trump has always been a globalist--it's in your face, and he presented himself in the manner that they told him too, in order to get your support and votes. Trump has foreign investments and properties all over the world, including the Middle East, and that's NOT the way of someone who claims to be a Nationalist.

Last week when he sided with Chuck Schumer & Nancy Pelosi over the time limit on the Debt ceiling is the real Trump. More liberal than Hillary Clinton would have been who would have been forced to negotiate a better deal with Republicans, than Trump gave them. You've been DUPED. Get over it!

Trump sides with Democrats on fiscal issues, throwing Republican plans into chaos
All Along I Thought Trump Wasn’t a Conservative/Republican, But Now I Realize I’m Not

RAMclr-031316-rino-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.jpg

And when it comes crashing down on your heads, and it's going to, remember where you're going to point your fingers.

conservative-media-cover-edit.png

"It is not entirely true that Trump engineered a “hostile takeover” of the GOP, provided that the party is defined more broadly than elected officials and party insiders. As Conor Friedersdorf wrote last year in the Atlantic: “the elements of the party that sent pro-Trump signals to primary voters—Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Rudi Guiliani, Jeff Sessions, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Joe Arpaio, Jan Brewer, Rick Scott, Sarah Palin, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, Breitbart.com, The Drudge Report, The New York Post, are simply more powerful, relative to National Review, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and other ‘Trump is unacceptable’ forces, than previously thought.”
The GOP That Failed

Reading never KILLED anyone yet--you might want to actually read this link to see how badly you've been manipulated over the last 2 decades.
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

Last edited:

I think terms like "historic error" will be used quite frequently during Trump's reign.

Bannon is butthurting the butthurt just for kicks at this point. :p Fucking idiot Crooked Hillary douchebags getting trolling, FOREVER! :p

Forum List

Back