Stephanie-Mom update......

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Hi all, I'm writing from Springfield, IL... Thank you for thinking of and praying for us....The prayers must of worked whereas they stableized things with my Mom, and she is now at home...
She has a narrowing of an artery going to her heart, and they say it should be operated on, but she is not healthy enough, with high blood pressure and age?
So their trying to work with medicines....It's still a wait and see..
I'm going to be here until next wk, then take the 15hr, 10hrs in airplanes and 5hrs of layovers home.....UGH!

:huddle:

Hi all, I'm writing from Springfield, IL... Thank you for thinking of and praying for us....The prayers must of worked whereas they stableized things with my Mom, and she is now at home...
She has a narrowing of an artery going to her heart, and they say it should be operated on, but she is not healthy enough, with high blood pressure and age?
I'm going to be here until next wk, then take the 15hr, 10hrs in airplanes and 5hrs of layovers home.....UGH!

Good news--still thinking about you two ! I'm sure all will go well. ( Isn't it nice to be warmer? )

Hi Dillo..
It's been dreary and rainy here, but the temp. is warmer(55) today. When I left Fairbanks on Sat. it was 30..

One great thing with all this happening is I got to see my sis and a nephew, I hadn't seen for awhile....

And the big big joy is, my oldest son and 9yr old grandson is coming tonight from Chicago.....

Mom's better, and got to see family, I hadn't seen for awhile....
So all in all things are good...

:dance:

Hey Steph!
That is good news. I don't know if what your mom had was considered, 'congestive heart failure'? My dad had that, several times. For him, surgery was ruled out, but he's gotten along pretty well.

He had a pacemaker put in a bit more than a year ago, that seems to have stopped the repeats of the 'failure' but was only picked up when he was close to 'passing out' several times, due to drop in heart rhythm.

I'm sorry you are not closer, I'd have loved to have been able to have met you at hospital or close to your mom's. I'm so glad about the kids and grandkids, that must be a great comfort and joy.

You all will be in my prayers!

Forum List

Back