Step #1: BREAKING: Dr. Peter Daszak Removed from Covid-19 Commission

I didn't wear a mask and I'm not getting the vaccine.
Then why are you whining and placing blame for something you don't consider important?
Once again, was it? Was it worth millions dead?
That assumes that GoF is responsible for this. Do you think you might be a bit premature?

I think it's looking more and more like this is the case. Even Fauci is now hedging his words. But I'll rephrase my question. If it turns out the virus was released from this research, was it worth it? Was the millions dead worth it?

I asked this earlier and it didn't get answered. Fauci had said that the research was worth the risk of a pandemic.
If you're going to quote Fauci ...do so. Otherwise it's just you saying he said something

“In an unlikely but conceivable turn of events, what if that scientist becomes infected with the virus, which leads to an outbreak and ultimately triggers a pandemic?” he wrote at the time.

“Many ask reasonable questions: given the possibility of such a scenario – however remote – should the initial experiments have been performed and/or published in the first place, and what were the processes involved in this decision? Scientists working in this field might say – as indeed I have said – that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks.”

Fauci once argued for risky viral experiments — even if they can lead to pandemic

Now back to my question........not that you will answer this time either. Was it worth the pandemic? A pandemic that killed millions and cost the world trillions. Was it worth it?
needs context. like quoting from the actual article and not from the yellow press.

Scientists working in this field might say—as indeed I have said—that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks. It is more likely that a pandemic would occur in nature, and the need to stay ahead of such a threat is a primary reason for performing an experiment that might appear to be risky. However, we must respect that there are genuine and legitimate concerns about this type of research, both domestically and globally. We cannot expect those who have these concerns to simply take us, the scientific community, at our word that the benefits of this work outweigh the risks, nor can we ignore their calls for greater transparency, their concerns about conflicts of interest, and their efforts to engage in a dialog about whether these experiments should have been performed in the first place. Those of us in the scientific community who believe in the merits of this work have the responsibility to address these concerns thoughtfully and respectfully.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so

So he says there are concerns. So what? He still came to the conclusion that the research was worth the risk.

dude, i thought you were better than that. in the linked article he comes to a completely different conclusion.

Then why are you whining and placing blame for something you don't consider important?
That assumes that GoF is responsible for this. Do you think you might be a bit premature?
You stupid loons blamed Trump at every point on this hoax. Even though Fauci was put in charge over it.

I asked this earlier and it didn't get answered. Fauci had said that the research was worth the risk of a pandemic.
If you're going to quote Fauci ...do so. Otherwise it's just you saying he said something

“In an unlikely but conceivable turn of events, what if that scientist becomes infected with the virus, which leads to an outbreak and ultimately triggers a pandemic?” he wrote at the time.

“Many ask reasonable questions: given the possibility of such a scenario – however remote – should the initial experiments have been performed and/or published in the first place, and what were the processes involved in this decision? Scientists working in this field might say – as indeed I have said – that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks.”

Fauci once argued for risky viral experiments — even if they can lead to pandemic

Now back to my question........not that you will answer this time either. Was it worth the pandemic? A pandemic that killed millions and cost the world trillions. Was it worth it?
needs context. like quoting from the actual article and not from the yellow press.

Scientists working in this field might say—as indeed I have said—that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks. It is more likely that a pandemic would occur in nature, and the need to stay ahead of such a threat is a primary reason for performing an experiment that might appear to be risky. However, we must respect that there are genuine and legitimate concerns about this type of research, both domestically and globally. We cannot expect those who have these concerns to simply take us, the scientific community, at our word that the benefits of this work outweigh the risks, nor can we ignore their calls for greater transparency, their concerns about conflicts of interest, and their efforts to engage in a dialog about whether these experiments should have been performed in the first place. Those of us in the scientific community who believe in the merits of this work have the responsibility to address these concerns thoughtfully and respectfully.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so

So he says there are concerns. So what? He still came to the conclusion that the research was worth the risk.

dude, i thought you were better than that. in the linked article he comes to a completely different conclusion.

No he does NOT. He said that there are legitimate concerns that must be addressed. That does NOT contradict his statement that the research was worth the risk.

It's Trump. He would allow the manufacturer to start releasing their waste into the rivers again also.
name one company that he allowed. come on bring it on since you mouthed it.

You stupid loons blamed Trump at every point on this hoax. Even though Fauci was put in charge over it.
Ah, so Trump wasn't in charge of anything during the pandemic.

I still don't get why Fauci. Over a year with this limited capacity moron, and he still hasn't been right on one thing. How does that work?

GoF research has been credited with the rapid development of vaccines as well as prediction etc.

That said, it is controversial and potentially dangerous. Hindsight is prevalent at the moment and if it IS found that covid was caused by a lab accident then GoF research is going to be ended unless and until really stringent safeguards are added.
GoF research is credited with millions of deaths now.

he was the program manager, he brought in supposed experts to provide their updates. Look up the job description, you'll educate yourself.

It's Trump. He would allow the manufacturer to start releasing their waste into the rivers again also.

The Trump Administration Rolled Back More Than 100 Environmental Rules. Here’s the Full List.
I didn't ask for a list of rollbacks, I asked for a company that you said released their waste into the rivers again. You avoided that with deflectors.

Whatever he recommended you loons demanded the opposite to be done. You will have blood on your hands when you meet the devil as I stated before. Trump put Fauci in charge of it and it was his biggest mistake, as I stated many times.

The Trump Administration Rolled Back More Than 100 Environmental Rules. Here’s the Full List.
I didn't ask for a list of rollbacks, I asked for a company that you said released their waste into the rivers again. You avoided that with deflectors.

I didn't say a company did. I said Trump would allow it. His rollbacks allowed more waste into the environment.

I didn't say a company did. I said Trump would allow it. His rollbacks allowed more waste into the environment.
so just say you misspoke and move along.

"allow the manufacturer to start" so name one that started? It's your line

Last edited:
so just say you misspoke and move along.

I didn't say what you claimed I said.
sure you said it, again:

"allow the manufacturer to start" name one that started? dude, if that's not what you meant say it wasn't and move along.

I posted a link to regulations to protect the environment that he rolled back.

Forum List

Back