Step #1: BREAKING: Dr. Peter Daszak Removed from Covid-19 Commission

Outside the QAnon looney right, there is NO real consideration that IF there was a release from this lab, that it was intentional

There is real consideration that if there was a release from the lab, China covering it up allowing it to spread across the globe was intentional. There is also real consideration of the intent of scientist who mislead the public and conspired to shut down opposing discussion.

I asked this earlier and it didn't get answered. Fauci had said that the research was worth the risk of a pandemic.
If you're going to quote Fauci ...do so. Otherwise it's just you saying he said something

There is real consideration that if there was a release from the lab, China covering it up allowing it to spread across the globe was intentional.
That is a "concern"...that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Infecting your own people would be an incredibly risky thing to do

IMO irrelevant. We banned this kind of work in the U.S. so intentional or not it shouldn't be done.
Do you have a link to that?
How else would we find vaccines for pathogens if research is not done?
Yea really...
Why was he the only American representative to visit the lab to determine if it was manmade without disclosing his links prior? Then he creates the lie that it was not manmade.
I'm not sure the bold ids accurate but questions like that are exactly why he was recused. The investigation continues.
Pull your head out of your ass. I gave links as required by USMB, don’t give me the ‘we don’t know that’ crap.

Daszak was questioned in London about his visit to the Wuhan Lab in January of this year. Daszak was the only American to visit the lab with the World Health Organization. His statement regarding that trip VIA Vanity Fair:

“…Daszak admitted that the group didn’t ask to inspect the WIV’s database of 22,000 virus samples and sequences, a decision he defended by saying that “a lot of this work has been conducted with EcoHealth Alliance,” Vanity Fair said.”

He was (rightly) recused because of the potential appearance of a conflict of interest.

They are investigating how the virus originated. Since the lab was working with strains similar to that which began this pandemic, of course it needs to be looked at.

And if they find that it was developed in the lab and escaped, that will point out the dangers of doing work with pathogens as deadly as this.

Outside the QAnon looney right, there is NO real consideration that IF there was a release from this lab, that it was intentional
Too bad China owns Biden and he isn't going to do anything about it.
Just like yer buddy Trump he didn't do anything about it either.
I don't think you have one post in this non-Trump thread where you didn't whine and cry about Trump.
I don't think you have one post that is not off topic. I know you need to cover for the god-like Trump because he is either too stupid to know what's going on or he was on top of everything from the get-go....
I don't think....

You finally got something right.

I asked this earlier and it didn't get answered. Fauci had said that the research was worth the risk of a pandemic.
If you're going to quote Fauci ...do so. Otherwise it's just you saying he said something

“In an unlikely but conceivable turn of events, what if that scientist becomes infected with the virus, which leads to an outbreak and ultimately triggers a pandemic?” he wrote at the time.

“Many ask reasonable questions: given the possibility of such a scenario – however remote – should the initial experiments have been performed and/or published in the first place, and what were the processes involved in this decision? Scientists working in this field might say – as indeed I have said – that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks.”

Fauci once argued for risky viral experiments — even if they can lead to pandemic

Now back to my question........not that you will answer this time either. Was it worth the pandemic? A pandemic that killed millions and cost the world trillions. Was it worth it?

True but blame should lie where it should lie regardless of politics. Fauci is neck deep in all of this well before Trump.

Fuaci was part of getting funding for OTHER than GOF research at that lab
Bullshit.

His emails expose exactly what he did. He has lied under oath numerous times.

The research was done on SARS which is a variant of the corona virus, please try to keep up with the rest of the class.

SARS, or COVID-2 is the forbearer of the weaponized COVID-19. The Chinese - with generous funding from Dr. Mengele-Fauci and the Obama Reich, genetically modified the earlier virus to increase the contagious nature of it.

If you like the Wuhan Designer Virus® - just wait until you see what they've been doing with Ebola!
Oblama era stopped research monies, it started up again under Trump. Now twist that into a rhetorical propaganda program like you do everything else to cover for your fearless orange blob.

No need to twist because you're wrong.

The research was done on SARS which is a variant of the corona virus, please try to keep up with the rest of the class.

SARS, or COVID-2 is the forbearer of the weaponized COVID-19. The Chinese - with generous funding from Dr. Mengele-Fauci and the Obama Reich, genetically modified the earlier virus to increase the contagious nature of it.

If you like the Wuhan Designer Virus® - just wait until you see what they've been doing with Ebola!
Oblama era stopped research monies, it started up again under Trump. Now twist that into a rhetorical propaganda program like you do everything else to cover for your fearless orange blob.

He is a troll who turns every thread, no matter what the topic, into his own little Trump whinefest.

He is a troll who turns every thread, no matter what the topic, into his own little Trump whinefest.
Out of all the Leftard trolls he’s the only one I have on iggy.

There is real consideration that if there was a release from the lab, China covering it up allowing it to spread across the globe was intentional.
That is a "concern"...that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Infecting your own people would be an incredibly risky thing to do

Right that's why China shut down domestic travel from Wuhan, while allowing international travel.

He should be ostracized from the medical community.
He should be charged with treason and crimes against humanity along with FauXi.
Why exactly?
Because they have to take the heat off their orange god.
Lol, you loons have blood on your hands. Trump was right and you demanded the opposite done of what Trump said. Screw you.
blood on hands? for the common flu?

Right that's why China shut down domestic travel from Wuhan, while allowing international travel.
While their actions regarding the world at large showed indifference...they were clearly panicked.

Why exactly?
Lol, you loons have blood on your hands. Trump was right and you demanded the opposite done of what Trump said. Screw you.
Trump gave common sense solutions and was blasted by you loons. Yes you have blood on your hands.

“In an unlikely but conceivable turn of events, what if that scientist becomes infected with the virus, which leads to an outbreak and ultimately triggers a pandemic?” he wrote at the time.

“Many ask reasonable questions: given the possibility of such a scenario – however remote – should the initial experiments have been performed and/or published in the first place, and what were the processes involved in this decision? Scientists working in this field might say – as indeed I have said – that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks.”

Fauci once argued for risky viral experiments — even if they can lead to pandemic

Now back to my question........not that you will answer this time either. Was it worth the pandemic? A pandemic that killed millions and cost the world trillions. Was it worth it?
needs context. like quoting from the actual article and not from the yellow press.

Scientists working in this field might say—as indeed I have said—that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks. It is more likely that a pandemic would occur in nature, and the need to stay ahead of such a threat is a primary reason for performing an experiment that might appear to be risky. However, we must respect that there are genuine and legitimate concerns about this type of research, both domestically and globally. We cannot expect those who have these concerns to simply take us, the scientific community, at our word that the benefits of this work outweigh the risks, nor can we ignore their calls for greater transparency, their concerns about conflicts of interest, and their efforts to engage in a dialog about whether these experiments should have been performed in the first place. Those of us in the scientific community who believe in the merits of this work have the responsibility to address these concerns thoughtfully and respectfully.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so

Why exactly?
Trump gave common sense solutions and was blasted by you loons. Yes you have blood on your hands.
how, if it is just the common flu, like you have queefed many times, full-fledged retard?

Why exactly?
how, if it is just the common flu, like you have queefed many times, full-fledged retard?
Lol, I didn't freak out over this. I lived my life normal through this the whole time. I didn't wear a mask and I'm not getting the vaccine. It was liberal Fauci who treated this wrongly. I actually agree with you, there was no need for shutdowns, but then again, that wouldn't of hurt Trump. Liberals couldn't have that.

needs context. like quoting from the actual article and not from the yellow press.

Scientists working in this field might say—as indeed I have said—that the benefits of such experiments and the resulting knowledge outweigh the risks. It is more likely that a pandemic would occur in nature, and the need to stay ahead of such a threat is a primary reason for performing an experiment that might appear to be risky. However, we must respect that there are genuine and legitimate concerns about this type of research, both domestically and globally. We cannot expect those who have these concerns to simply take us, the scientific community, at our word that the benefits of this work outweigh the risks, nor can we ignore their calls for greater transparency, their concerns about conflicts of interest, and their efforts to engage in a dialog about whether these experiments should have been performed in the first place. Those of us in the scientific community who believe in the merits of this work have the responsibility to address these concerns thoughtfully and respectfully.

The game has changed for influenza virus scientists and the agencies that support them. As researchers, we must realize that we are critical players in the process of policy and decision making related to DURC, but we are not the only players. Before embarking on certain types of research, we must ask ourselves critical questions about whether there are alternative ways to answer the research questions at hand. When no reasonable alternatives exist, we must take the scientific approach to making the argument for conducting such experiments before they are performed. The voluntary moratorium on the controversial issue of gain-of-function research related to the transmissibility of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus is providing us the time and space we all need to work together and get this right, and it should be continued until we do so

So he says there are concerns. So what? He still came to the conclusion that the research was worth the risk.

Once again, was it? Was it worth millions dead?

Forum List

Back