Staying on topic; No name-calling, etc.

Oct 4, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to have discussions that stay on the topic and don't degrade into name-calling wars between the members responding to my threads. Is there a way to assure constructive conversation on my posts?

Hey guys,

I'm wanting to have discussions that stay on the topic and don't degrade into name-calling wars between the members responding to my threads. Is there a way to assure constructive conversation on my posts?

Post in the CDZ.

If I show up there, remind me to get the fuck out, as I am lost.

It would be nice (wishful thinking), if the OP had limited administrative ability to 'mute' those who do not directly contribute to a discussion. Of course, that privilege could easily be abused as well by those who don't want any counterarguments at all ...

Okay. I see the CDZ now. I was wanting to post in the Race Relations area to narrow down the understanding of what my posts are about, but I guess it is actually more the Racism zone and not a constructive Race Relations zone.

I have gotten some good feedback in the RRZ, but it seems more a place for people to vent their frustrations through animosity, which in a way is important for folks to do as well.

Thanks guys

The CDZ is only loosely regulated, and is subject to the whims of the mods.

So good luck. I avoid it like the plague.

You could try the CDZ but you'll find just as much garbage there as the rest of the board.

The usual suspects know they can get away with trolling because the thread just gets closed or moved to the Taunting Area.

The CDZ means absolutely nothing.

Welcome to the board.

CDZ has its merits.

Those who resent being not able to chant their rants and attack others do avoid it like a plague, yes.

Ignore is for coward who are afraid of facts.

Especially since its so easy to just scroll on by.

Is that an actual feature, or are you being comically facetious in implying one can just ignore it? lol

Its easy enough to ignore folks jabbing at each other, and in some ways that must be fun for the folks doing it, so they should have a place to do it.

I was just hoping for a situation where anybody reading a thread could follow the debate logically without having to scroll through a lot of bickering to get to the meat of the conversation.

And the CDZ specifies current events only, but a lot of misconceptions cannot be clarified without referencing the past... so if I am going to discuss Race Relations I may just have to put up with peoples' attempts to be witty and insulting with one another without a clear line of communication for everyone else. Seems like a fun game for a lot of the folks.

Either way it goes, I'm glad this message board is available for folks to get their emotions out --- better out than in I always say. ;)

Forum List

Back